Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ShadowWar

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#41 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:26 am

Glad to hear of all the work going into this, and hope that the intent pans out down the line like hoped for. Heavy technical debt after 8 years really must have been an albatross for you guys.

From what I understand, this is supposed to be more of a baseline and reconciling of intent. So I will hope the gutting of the SW is just a result of that, because they were absolutely murdered here. I also hope that this is a very short temporary, not something that will last weeks or months.

Also, this is confusing to me, as they already can.
- Acid Arrow - Can now be also used in Skirmish Stance.

Ads
bw10

Post#42 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:36 am

destro blown the frick out. both pulls nerfed, we throw nerfed. mara made even worse. rsh in shambles. its an order world and youre just living in it destrosisters kek
Last edited by bw10 on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sever1n

Post#43 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:37 am

Bad

bittrio

Post#44 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:19 am

Pretty clear order is favored
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Sofong

Post#45 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:22 am

such non sensical changes on choppa/slayer rebalance.....

Hentory

Post#46 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:39 am

If the archmage or shaman stopped, he died. You add tactics to heal everyone and reduce for yourself. And let me ask, what kind of skill will a shaman and AM treat himself with when he runs away? a hot??? Or maybe there are some skills I'm not aware of? This is not a zealot or a runi with treatment on the run, not a reinforced DoK or WP. No one will play such a vulnerable and useless class, or rather, they will only DPS. These classes have been changed to make them playable again. Even now they are losing strength to all other healers in the game. Where is the logic?

Jeliel80

Post#47 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:44 am

Thanks for the effort, this will require lots of testing, and sorry to say, not from your internal testers team. :D
Keep up with the good work.

PS: Is the EoV and FotG nerf deserved, as AM and Shaman are overperforming? Puzzled.

PPS: nice to see the pulls getting tuned, as one was outright completely broken (bugged) and heavily abused and the other was just an autowin when destro reached critical mass.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 85
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 82
Jelielina - AM 81

DKSkulL

Post#48 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:14 am

Nerfing Mara - sucks
Not touching WH repel or Slayer Rampage - sucks
Nerfing Magus and engi insted of upping - sucks
Nerfing SW was needed
Not remowing Demonclaw from chosen
Not giving any same tactic on BG like Runefang(class not have any damage applyes from 100Hatred insted IB, maybe stats will make same function)

Ads
Akalukz

Post#49 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:49 am

i can not fathom taking away the Ranged KD from Destro and returning it to an order only skill. It's like you guys forgot why they made those changes in the first place. It was needed, same as some of the damage changes for mara/WL it was needed to be able to perform well in ORvR. You have gutted many specs, and with the track record we have for balance changes, these will be months/years before they are readdressed. That's probably the scariest thing of all.
-= Agony =-

Nameless

Post#50 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:32 am

When these changes are going live?

The healers balance will switch abit. Zl/rp become uncontested top while am/sham will be more closer to dok/wp.
Interesting if heal ritual proc meta will stay or go

PS at the last months from live devs were planing to rebalance engi/magus to be more utility focused by turrets/demons provided some group wise buffs. Is there some ingame code or real info anout these planned changes or they are lost?
And ffs bring gheal to pets. No point excluding them since the dmg cap is 24 anyway
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz