Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lumpi33

Re: The Ability System Rewrite & Provisional Patch Notes

Post#21 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:37 pm

Interesting! A lot of damage nerfs O.O

Is anything changing about how toughness/armor/resis works? Because with all that nerfed damage I don't see anyone dying anymore.

Anyway, nice job! Must have been a ton of work! Can't wait to get some balance shake up :)

Ads
Wam

Post#22 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:35 pm
mag2329 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:21 pm The engineer was one of the weakest classes, but they decided to weaken him even more, now this is a class from the live version. Nice job.
Wam wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:28 pm
is this serious or a troll? when server population is delicate as it already is with summertime and all that... some of the already non fotm weaker classes get unjustly nerfed even more so... why always sledge over scalpel approach?

i have every class rr 80+ so I have no Bias and properly geared but some of them will definately not be touched after some of those changes

are the people making suggestions for these classes rr80+ and play them? :shock:
I think we can relax, as stated:

''The notes are mainly a result of the ability rework in general, as mentioned in the post a few times the real 'balance' patch will come after the release of the system rework and subsequent changes listed in the provisional notes above.''
the fact they are proposed in the first place is worrying... also everything just being nerfed, instead of all the useless tactics(there are many and everyone besides new players are well aware) and useless skills being improved for more options and choice is not the best way to go about things imho, where are the positive changes and improvements?
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Avanos

Post#23 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:46 pm

lots of nerfs.. where's the balance?
Veretta the Witch Elf

Rydiak

Post#24 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:47 pm

Avanos wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:46 pm lots of nerfs.. where's the balance?
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:42 pmClass balancing will resume in the new Ability System. We will be working on a more comprehensive class and archetype specific balance patch in an update following the release of the new Ability System.

We will be communicating our future content plan for after the Ability System has been released soon.
It's like you people don't read and instead just react.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Farrul

Post#25 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 pm

Wam wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 pmthe fact they are proposed in the first place is worrying... also everything just being nerfed, instead of all the useless tactics(there are many and everyone besides new players are well aware) and useless skills being improved for more options and choice is not the best way to go about things imho, where are the positive changes and improvements?
If i understood it correctly the nerfs are a consequence of the rework itself rather than intentional, stuff reverting back to a previous state. From there, they can then start working on real class changes in the new system.

Akalukz

Post#26 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:55 pm

oh boy, I see a lot of damage nerfs, e. Probably good changes on WL/Mara and WH/WE but man chop/slayer needs more adjustments. Also didn't see any "lower" heals to offset lower damage, so TTK will increase greatly.

But great work bringing it all together. Excited to see what the future holds. Game is in need of some serious TLC at this point.
-= Agony =-

Wam

Post#27 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:02 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 pm
Wam wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:42 pmthe fact they are proposed in the first place is worrying... also everything just being nerfed, instead of all the useless tactics(there are many and everyone besides new players are well aware) and useless skills being improved for more options and choice is not the best way to go about things imho, where are the positive changes and improvements?
If i understood it correctly the nerfs are a consequence of the rework itself rather than intentional, stuff reverting back to a previous state. From there, they can then start working on real class changes in the new system.
I hope replacements are ready for the fringe classes with this rework, instead of pushing through changes for the sake of it and leaving a class with nothing (see the great black ork nerf exodus in the past after that change which was forewarned inadvance)
Last edited by Wam on Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

paperclipdog

Post#28 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:09 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:44 pm Image
Bug Fixes

- Mutating Blue Fire - Reverted stat scaling multiplier to be correct for abilities with instant damage and damage over time damage components (from 1.5 to 1 on instant damage part, Damage over Time component remains same).

Balance Changes

- Strengthen Thrall - Removed and replaced with Shocking Jolt again. Effect changed to: You remove stagger effects from an ally and five other allies within 25 feet.

- Dissolving Mist - changed damage numbers to match live patch 1.4.8. Base is reduced slightly.

- Summon Pink Horror - No longer grants a range increase for each stack of Unholy Empowerment.

- Summon Blue Horror - No longer grants Dodge, Disrupt, Radius increase or Range reduction for each stack of Unholy Empowerment.

- Summon Flamer - No longer grants Damage over Time tick interval reduction with each stack of Unholy Empowerment. No longer grants casting on the move for path of changing abilities.

This is barely relevant for funnel defense where Magus and Engi are overperforming, probably nukes snipers who have 0 impact on groups (but I guess that's what this is targeted at?) and makes it even more **** in grp content besides maybe ranked thanks to the stagger cleanse. Nobody plays ranked.
Also makes magus/engi even worse for bomb warbands.

If the intention is to make Magus and Engi viable with future changes, why nerf it now instead of all together. If I need a new roof I'm getting rid of my current and replacing it right away, not remove it, wait a year and then rebuild.

Edit: If these were "mandatory changes due to rework" (which sounds like bullshit for most of the changes on this list) or whatever some are claiming, how are we to differentiate between that and changes that were clearly for balance, like damage values?
Last edited by paperclipdog on Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
AleXizzed

Post#29 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:21 pm

Man there's going to be so many white lions now with those buffs.
like what the hell are those changes? why buff a class that is already super powerful in 1 vs 1.

Hugatsaga

Post#30 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:23 pm

Farrul wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:51 pm
They are nerfs/balance changes but they are easier to sell when you say "x worked like this on live so it's in fact a bugfix" or pretend like they are mandatory side effect of ability rework.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube