Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Scenario Events

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
bittrio

Re: Weekend Scenario Events

Post#61 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:08 pm

Sc's are nearly unplayable as a newer solo player.

Group with people of high gear or get stomped.

Definitely wearing on me. Game is awesome, but frustrating, not sure how long I'll stick around. Seems devs (all have high gear) and don't give af about newer casuals. #Getgud
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
Xergon

Post#62 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:13 pm

bittrio wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:08 pm Sc's are nearly unplayable as a newer solo player.

Definitely wearing on me. Game is awesome, but frustrating, not sure how long I'll stick around. Seems devs (all have high gear) and don't give af about newer casuals. #Getgud
Because there is no solution to this, not simple one at least... You can try restrict queue but it will only make queue longer... The issue is low pop, with higher pop it wouldnt be that much issue.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

BluIzLucky

Post#63 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Xergon wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:13 pm
bittrio wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:08 pm Sc's are nearly unplayable as a newer solo player.

Because there is no solution to this, not simple one at least... You can try restrict queue but it will only make queue longer... The issue is low pop, with higher pop it wouldnt be that much issue.
There are many solutions and simple too..

Rewards restructure:
  • Completion/Time based rewards
  • Reduced gap between win and loss rewards
  • Diminishing returns for excessive killing
  • Split total renown bonus from both sides 66/33
  • Guard kills give renown
  • add bonus to 2nd and 3rd in each category
  • Increase bonus renown based on points and BOs
Now kills matters less and even if you lose 500 v 0, you haven't completely wasted you time.

Right now you can get 50-100x the renown for 0 v +30 kills.. in League of Legends the reward gap between win and loss is just 20%... not 10000%.. and LoL is a way more controlled game where you have much bigger impact on outcome (and it's not a RPG so progress is not integral).

Mechanic changes;
  • SCs only start every 5-15 minutes, then uses same queue logic as city
  • more aggressive guards and stronger artillery/siege
  • Grant buffs to underdog (various ways to do this)
  • Don't make an unique event (like Twillight) have +40% progress come from SC and have a further 30% be behind first influence (making SC close to mandatory) while providing 3-4 BIS items.
I could go on, but it's clear it's by design, so can just say I don't have time to join/make 12 mans for SC and I don't have desire to repeat this weekend (3/20)..
Anyway.... thanks devs for all your effort, it's otherwise an amazing event :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Detangler

Post#64 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:51 am

Xergon wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:13 pm

The solution is just a ::small:: reworking of every... single... piece of gear past invader tier so that there is less of a gap in stats. RoR had easy entry before forts and invader gear was introduced. Its been on an exponential curve since then. There seems to be no taste for devs to do this, so we'll just see threads like this every few weeks ad nauseum.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Rapzel

Post#65 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:38 am

Detangler wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:51 am
The solution is just a ::small:: reworking of every... single... piece of gear past invader tier so that there is less of a gap in stats. RoR had easy entry before forts and invader gear was introduced. Its been on an exponential curve since then. There seems to be no taste for devs to do this, so we'll just see threads like this every few weeks ad nauseum.
Not completely true, there was a gear squish way back, maybe 2017-18, pre-invader. I have supported a new gear squish this to make more gear sets viable, further I think that this progression curve where you need to have gear set x before y, y before z and z is the best gear set in every situation is poorly designed. People discard the idea of a new gear squish this with "well actually, the people who have farmed their BiS will be angry", I believe that if you have BiS then you don't really care as long as you have viable sets to choose between.

Now will a gear squish save solo players or new players? No, it will probably not even make the game easier for them other than they will have access to better gear, the farm will go on.

Evilspinnre

Post#66 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:09 am

Detangler wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:51 am The solution is just a ::small:: reworking of every... single... piece of gear past invader tier so that there is less of a gap in stats. RoR had easy entry before forts and invader gear was introduced. Its been on an exponential curve since then. There seems to be no taste for devs to do this, so we'll just see threads like this every few weeks ad nauseum.
Good players in vanq will still stomp bad players in sov.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Culexus

Post#67 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:21 am

Two things I'd like to see for scs in general.

1) Ranked style queue system where we can see how many are in the queue and the classes that are queueing. Base this off the class mastery so dps healers don't count as heals. Only launch when there's a 2/2/2.

2) Split the t4 queue up between rr70+ and below. This probably won't work due to low pop but would make the transition a bit easier for lower level players and most premades are 70+ anyway so could help with splitting pugs vs premades.
Last edited by Culexus on Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

fontin

Post#68 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:50 am

the current situation is the system keep feeding the some random lowbies to the stacked grps. and if u play solo at the stacked side, scs take forever to pop, first step is to cancel the "premades get pop first" policy and game will starts to change for the better.

Ads
Aehryn

Post#69 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:33 pm

Culexus wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:21 am Two things I'd like to see for scs in general.

1) Ranked style queue system where we can see how many are in the queue and the classes that are queueing. Base this off the class mastery so dps healers don't count as heals. Only launch when there's a 2/2/2.

2) Split the t4 queue up between rr70+ and below. This probably won't work due to low pop but would make the transition a bit easier for lower level players and most premades are 70+ anyway so could help with splitting pugs vs premades.
The first one, iirc, has been tried already and reverted because people complained about too long queue times. Couldn't find the posts from waaay back then, so please correct me if I'm wrong here.
However, I do think the listing/table that shows who's q-ing would really help players in estimating if it makes sense to q up, or not. Say, there's an overwhelming number of dps, some ppl might actually be inclined to log on to their healers/tanks to help out. (maybe too idealistic, but you never know)

The second point is great, imho. Anything below rr70 likely won't be taken serious anyways (just like you said), so it makes sense. But at that point you might as well make everyone above rr70 that q's up, automatically go ranked. So that you cannot not go ranked, when in a party-q. At that point you should be at a level to know what you're doing. Don't like the pressure of ranked matchups? - There is always discordant sc's... But then again, I don't think this will prevent people from q-ing separately but at the same time, trying their luck to be put in the same match. (read: game the matchmaker)

Telther

Post#70 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:56 pm

Aehryn wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:33 pm
Culexus wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:21 am Two things I'd like to see for scs in general.

The first one, iirc, has been tried already and reverted because people complained about too long queue times. Couldn't find the posts from waaay back then, so please correct me if I'm wrong here.
However, I do think the listing/table that shows who's q-ing would really help players in estimating if it makes sense to q up, or not. Say, there's an overwhelming number of dps, some ppl might actually be inclined to log on to their healers/tanks to help out. (maybe too idealistic, but you never know)

The second point is great, imho. Anything below rr70 likely won't be taken serious anyways (just like you said), so it makes sense. But at that point you might as well make everyone above rr70 that q's up, automatically go ranked. So that you cannot not go ranked, when in a party-q. At that point you should be at a level to know what you're doing. Don't like the pressure of ranked matchups? - There is always discordant sc's... But then again, I don't think this will prevent people from q-ing separately but at the same time, trying their luck to be put in the same match. (read: game the matchmaker)

Yes, they did try it before and reverted it for those reasons.

And hard no on #2, pool for queing is low enough, splitting it more will just kill it off.