Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 21/07/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nameless

Re: Patch Notes 21/07/2023

Post#31 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:39 am

Can you use more than 1 ring at the same time?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Misaji

Post#32 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:45 am

Creating more items in the game is a great time and everything, but creating "FOMO" on a project thats not being monetized is actually just like a total insult to your community.

You CAN"T create items that are time gated and then gone so that nobody else can get them, consumables are fine, but actual items is just nonsense.
You just can be serious with this event, again releasing things without testing them or even just having the slightest foresight of what the repercussions of such items will be to the community.

1st. The majority of people on this server are not your average teenager with almost unlimited free time, people have jobs, families to take care and they can play like 1-2 hours per night at best, for them this event is absolutely cynical. These people will forever be behind since they can't no life an event for 10 days mid summer when everybody is on a vacation.
2nd. The event is super grindy and you are asking people to literally waste 10 days to get BiS rings and for what? Who had the briliant idea of making this a time limited acquistion event?
3rd. You are not only alienating your casual players but also your hardcore crowd, people already feel like quitting since they have like a full roster of characters they need to play with their friends and fill needed roles and now what? I guess big F*** you to the community with this?

Make these rings obtainable forever if you want to replace the old genesis and just time gate the talismans for events, how is that even difficult to see is beyond me, but I guess if you have been actually playing the game you would have known these things, but considering how you've been releasing stuff like this for the past 4 years, I guess nobody should be surprised, no?
Last edited by Misaji on Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bashmasta
Grobarsh

Tyrex2017

Post#33 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:10 am

Thank you for you time for to make events. But sorry, this one is not good. Super grind, the amount of shard for to forge tali is too hight, an event for elf zone when elf zone are locked, 2 event sc plagued whit this matchmaking system favorizing premades vs pugs. Your community is not students or teenagers, but peoples in 30-60+ years old whit job - family. I have no time for this kind of grind.

Keula

Post#34 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:28 am

Couple of questions.
How are the rings unique equipped? Can i have a gold emerald and silver emerald ring? Or a gold diamond and gold/silver emerald ring? Like what's the limit, or is it literally just 1 ring out of all, which would be pretty meh currently as you lose the genesis set bonus.

Next why only 1 "profession"? Feels pretty tedious to have to have get alts go to step 1 event just be able to all 3 things as all(right?) resources are tradeable. Also if you're rich enough can probably just buy the rings with gold if you want.

E: also how rare are these ore deposits? Nvm just needs active zone it seems
Last edited by Keula on Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#35 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:34 am

Misaji wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:45 am Creating more items in the game is a great time and everything, but creating "FOMO" on a project thats not being monetized is actually just like a total insult to your community.

You CAN"T create items that are time gated and then gone so that nobody else can get them, consumables are fine, but actual items is just nonsense.
You just can be serious with this event, again releasing things without testing them or even just having the slightest foresight of what the repercussions of such items will be to the community.

1st. The majority of people on this server are not your average teenager with almost unlimited free time, people have jobs, families to take care and they can play like 1-2 hours per night at best, for them this event is absolutely cynical. These people will forever be behind since they can no life an event for 10 days mid summer when everybody is on a vacation.
2nd. The event is super grindy and you are asking people to literally waste 10 days to get BiS rings and for what? Who had the briliant idea of making this a time limited acquistion event?
3rd. You are not only alianating your casual players but also your hardcore crowd, people already feel like quitting since they have like a full roster of characters they need to play with their friends and fill needed roles and now what? I guess big F*** you to the community with this?

Make these rings obtainable forever if you want to replace the old genesis and just time gate the talismans for events, how is that even difficult to see is beyond me, but I guess if you have been actually playing the game you would have known these things, but considering how you've been releasing stuff like this for the past 4 years, I guess nobody should be surprised, no?
As far as I undertood, the rings will remain, the slots in it not.
But yeah, too much work for these rings. Destro is just zerging everything as usual and Order will have, with lucky, the last day to farm ingredients. For me this mechanic is fail and I already lost the interest in this event. Also, Order has a bugged PQ that make event quest impossible to be completed.

Misaji

Post#36 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:24 am

The rings will remain, but the acquisition of them will not. So if you dont grind those rings within the time span of the event, you will not get them untill their next "briliant idea".

Do you guys even understand what the issue is? After those 10 days, nobody will be able to get those rings? Or this thing eluded your minds, once again.
Bashmasta
Grobarsh

kryss

Post#37 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 am

Interest for fabled balance patch: 12/10
Interest for new REAL content (PVE LV, new equipment, restructuring of RVR, etc): 10/10
Interest for the millionth live event: 3/10
Interest for the millionth live event with professions (u guys serious?): 2/10
Interest for the millionth live event with professions AND the grind: 0/10
Interest for the millionth live event with professions AND the grind AND badly designed timegated unbalaced rewards : -5/10

Hard pass for me this time, no matter what you get

Loans

Post#38 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:08 am

kryss wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 am Interest for fabled balance patch: 12/10
Interest for new REAL content (PVE LV, new equipment, restructuring of RVR, etc): 10/10
Interest for the millionth live event: 3/10
Interest for the millionth live event with professions (u guys serious?): 2/10
Interest for the millionth live event with professions AND the grind: 0/10
Interest for the millionth live event with professions AND the grind AND badly designed timegated unbalaced rewards : -5/10

Hard pass for me this time, no matter what you get
LOL made my day :mrgreen:

Ads
nailinthehead

Post#39 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:26 am

Guys, I understand your concerns and I share them. But please keep this discussion civilized. Sharing a feedback is ok but attacking devs who sacrificed a lot of private time to provide those new mechanics is not.

I won't be able to participate in this event but if the new proffessions are fully implemented in the future, it's going to be a game changer bringing RoR to another level. Time limited crafted jewels and items with limited total sum of stats (or even negative stats, there must be a trade off!) would bring a lot of variety to this game, possibly even giving new perspectives to the classes (melee wizard anyone?).

Caduceus

Post#40 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:45 am

Putting BiS items on a 10-day event in the middle of summer is a bad decision.

Imagine being on vacation right now, or simply enjoying other things than gaming.

Technically no one is forced to play for a somewhat minor BiS upgrade, but anyone who plays the game seriously will feel compelled that they must. That's just gamer instinct.

I'm assuming this was done unintentionally, but in that case I believe this should be repaired somehow.

If this was intentional, then what can I say? Weaponizing FOMO is not the way to go.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz