Recent Topics

Ads

Works Reworks! 1.1 Alpha

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
IVendettaI

Re: Works Reworks! 1.1 Alpha

Post#11 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:26 pm People are underequipt because they won't put the effort in the game to get better gear, they won't do more extra steps to get equip If they aren't do it now.

Equipment is thrown after you in every corner of the game. Do pve Dungeons, do public quest do pvp. There is no need to put dev effort in more extra steps.
You either haven't read or haven't read my suggestion properly; you mention "extra steps" when there are no additional steps. There are different steps, yes, but the existing ones are on the same level.

People who don't want to do PvE will never do it in the current conditions. The possibility of gearing up with almost the best gear in the game at level 40 RR40 is overshadowed by the fact that people are completely resistant to PvE. Don't tell me that doing PvP allows you to get gear when we're talking about the worst gear in the game. PvP gear becomes worthwhile starting from Invader. The rest is rubbish, to say the least. And it's normal that it is, as it's equipment for people who don't know how to play the game. If you do a bit of research, you know that there are much better options by taking a 4-day break from PvP to become one of the best players possible.

Making professions more appealing and impactful is proposing a new alternative for equipment for beginners, but also for the optimization that many veterans seek to achieve. There would be three ways to get equipment, with the possibility of making them more powerful. The realization that one can have better gear than what they currently have could potentially help people understand that they can be much more effective in PvP.

People are constantly doing PvP without it being profitable for them; they don't reach their goals, and you're telling me that adding content is pointless because PvP already does everything? Well, that's not true. PvP doesn't do everything, otherwise, all players would currently be good at the game. That's far from the truth. PvP needs to be prepared for, and the addition of professions (that's a suggestion) would, in my opinion, change the game in the right direction.

Ads
Sofong

Post#12 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:11 pm

i doubt the devs have enough resources to do all this.

Everdin

Post#13 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:26 pm

[/quote]
IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm ..
You either haven't read or haven't read my suggestion properly; you mention "extra steps" when there are no additional steps. There are different steps, yes, but the existing ones are on the same level.

People who don't want to do PvE will never do it in the current conditions. The possibility of gearing up with almost the best gear in the game at level 40 RR40 is overshadowed by the fact that people are completely resistant to PvE. Don't tell me that doing PvP allows you to get gear when we're talking about the worst gear in the game.
Based on the decisions players make through the first 39 ranks of the game, people can decide if they want to take the pvp gear (merc/anni, conq/dominator, vanq/oprressor) or if they go the extra mile to make pve. Nothing there is "overshadowed" do Dungeons or let it be. The fact you say pvp gear is "worst gear in the game" shows that you have no clue what you are talking about, of course not every gear is equal strong for each class/spec but thats the way it is you have plenty to choose.
IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm
PvP gear becomes worthwhile starting from Invader.
People can compete with vanq or even lower if they know what they are doing. Of course higher gear = better chances. But again, if you decide to ride into war with duelist set becasue you didn't do pvp pre 40 and have no crests or renown AND you refuse to make some pve...well thats your choice
IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm The rest is rubbish, to say the least. And it's normal that it is, as it's equipment for people who don't know how to play the game. If you do a bit of research, you know that there are much better options by taking a 4-day break from PvP to become one of the best players possible.
Can't follow you here, I equipta lot of my chars through conquerer, vanquisher etc. and I'm sure I got some experience in this game and know what I'm doing. (but again, i also "took a 4-day break and did some pve on some chars). Can you please tell me how the equipment shows you that people don't know what they are doing? Maybe on the example of vanquisher vs sentinel?
IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm Making professions more appealing and impactful is proposing a new alternative for equipment for beginners, but also for the optimization that many veterans seek to achieve. There would be three ways to get equipment, with the possibility of making them more powerful. The realization that one can have better gear than what they currently have could potentially help people understand that they can be much more effective in PvP.
The gear is already there, an people not realizing it won't realize it with some fancy armor gathered in the woods as well.
IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm People are constantly doing PvP without it being profitable for them; they don't reach their goals, and you're telling me that adding content is pointless because PvP already does everything? Well, that's not true. PvP doesn't do everything, otherwise, all players would currently be good at the game. That's far from the truth. PvP needs to be prepared for, and the addition of professions (that's a suggestion) would, in my opinion, change the game in the right direction.
Adding content is not pointless. PvP does not do everything, but a lot, for the rest you have dungeons and public quest.
Even if there were equal equip for all, not all players would be good in this game.
Of course there could be 10 other ways to get ready to compete. People that are to lazy to invest time in a char won't run through the woods gathering tons of stuff to get gear. And what exactly would oeple learn beside "there is a new way to equip my char"?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

IVendettaI

Post#14 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:59 pm

PvP gear below Invader is the worst in the game, there's no debate about it. Whether you like it or not, whether I like it or not, they are the worst in the game.

Sure, there are public quest gear, but here we are specifically talking about level 40 gear with a renown level. So, again, don't give me examples that are not relevant. Players below level 40 won't have a choice to use gear below level 40 (that's logical). So, I believe I know very well what I'm talking about.

Under-equipped players will never compete with those who are much better geared than them. That's categorical. If under-equiped players seem to compete, it's only because they outnumber their opponents. On an even playing field, they are not worth much. PvP gear before Invader is not good gear. It doesn't provide good stats, and in a renown bracket where players don't have many renown points, the difference is huge. They exist only to appease PvP enthusiasts who swear by them despite being bad players. Those who genuinely want to invest in the game understand that they need to do some PvE to be decent. But yes, you are right; it's just a matter of choice.

It's your "problem" if you equip your characters with Conqueror gear. I only equip my characters with at least Vale-walker gear before doing anything in PvP. Each person does what suits them. And before Vale-Walker gear was available, I used to mix gear, and it was clearly less easy. People don't really have any excuses, in reality. But the fact is, they still find them, and the game suffers from a real issue. People don't gear up properly, and when you tell me that you gear up in Conqueror, some players don't even have jewelry. So, it's a problem.

I understand that armor won't be made of wood, but I get your point. The goal of such a project is to make it somewhat visible. People may not want to craft, but they won't be able to "ignore it" anymore. They will be able to craft equipment and they will be able to drop resources for it in PvP. So, they will know that they can do something with these resources. Either sell them or craft things with them. In any case, they will have access to gear more easily if they make an effort. We are not talking about the best gear in the game. The best gear in the game will remain the best gear in the game, but rather about viable intermediate gear. If people don't want to, they will still have access to Conqueror gear.

Your last point is probably the most interesting. But in the end, I answered it a bit earlier. People will learn that they can get rid of their green gear and become better. They will have some of the necessary resources to get gear, and some will probably have the determination to say, 'since I have some, I can get the rest', regardless of how they obtain it. If they don't want to farm, they can either sell the resources or buy the rest. Everyone would benefit from it, in reality. There will undoubtedly be people happy to farm and take the money from others.
Last edited by IVendettaI on Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oaliaen

Post#15 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:00 pm

Imagine doing all this whit just one programmer dev. Bro they're struggling to do the next patch.... I think we have toa ccept the game the way it is. And move on.

mekal

Post#16 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:05 pm

even though this will never happen for arguments sake
this will change nothing we already have universal currency (best change to ever hit ror btw)
that allows players to gear up doing basically anything they like

simple fact ror is probably the lowest skill floor pvp games it doesnt require much to "be good" which in turn allows players to just do whatever they want not caring about fully optimizing

IVendettaI

Post#17 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:45 pm

oaliaen wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:00 pm Imagine doing all this whit just one programmer dev. Bro they're struggling to do the next patch.... I think we have toa ccept the game the way it is. And move on.
Ah yes I think it's impossible, but I do a suggestion. If devs want, we have a "sketch" of this kind of project

Everdin

Post#18 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:48 pm

IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:59 pm ...bla...
While I can agree that especually conquerer has some bad stat decisions, vanquisher is more then potent on most classes. I also agree on the part with the Valewalker Set, this is clearly the most effortless way to be competitive for a lot of classes, I still don't agree with you that any other chance to get medicore gear would change anything.

As long as you can't get people to at least do a fraction of their classes job, you won't get them to invest time in gearing. Not in PvP, not in PvE, especially not through crafting. As much as I would enjoy new content, bind ressources in such a thing would just be a waste of time.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#19 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Nice Ideas!

Sadly not a lot of devs to go around :/
But every new content is welcome imo.

Devs, I love you for doing this 4 free <3

IVendettaI

Post#20 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:21 pm

Everdin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:48 pm
IVendettaI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:59 pm ...bla...
While I can agree that especually conquerer has some bad stat decisions, vanquisher is more then potent on most classes. I also agree on the part with the Valewalker Set, this is clearly the most effortless way to be competitive for a lot of classes, I still don't agree with you that any other chance to get medicore gear would change anything.

As long as you can't get people to at least do a fraction of their classes job, you won't get them to invest time in gearing. Not in PvP, not in PvE, especially not through crafting. As much as I would enjoy new content, bind ressources in such a thing would just be a waste of time.
I can understand that it may not appeal to everyone, but in reality, this type of content would be created so that players who are resistant to PvE and crafting could actually have a new default way to gear up. Players would have the default professions, and they would inevitably gather resources in PvP. Those who want to engage in crafting would sell their creations. Players who solely focus on PvP could either sell the resources obtained from PvP or use them to craft better gear with the help of a Blacksmith. They would inevitably be able to get better gear, especially for jewelry and capes. Even those who are not the primary target audience for such content would benefit from it, as the content is also made and designed for them. So, it's not a waste of time... Considering that most of the time, players lack proper gear or don't know how to gear up, it's rather a good attempt to address the problem in my opinion.

Now, I believe that such a project will never see the light of day, at least in its entirety, but it can provide ideas for future projects.