The way to get rid of both X-realming AND Faction Imbalance in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Emissary
Community Management

Re: The way to get rid of both X-realming AND Faction Imbalance in RvR

Post#41 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:57 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:00 pm
Emissary wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:38 pm Nerf Rampage :)

"Just shatter it" :)

"Free Nerfed Buttons 2023" :)
We could probably have a double-sided album worth of excuses why people lose in PvP. Not one of them being "It's my own fault somehow"
I get it I was on the other side at one time in my thought process. Even now I find myself reverting back from time to time when I don't want to take the blame.

It just takes playing both sides and getting to know your opponent and allies to realize sometimes you have to look in the mirror to find the problem.

It is what it is.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
zulnam

Post#42 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:39 am

That would take massive dev work.

Sides, it's always a player attitude problem.

At the moment of writing there's about 282 players online and order is only 45% populated, compared to destro 55%.

Reik is the most active zone and order AAO is 120%. 10-24 order in zone vs 25-99.

45% of 282 is 126, roughly. So there would be plenty of players to even it up a bit. Not to even mention the people on destro who could... xrealm.

There's literally a destro guild warband roaming in an area with 120% aao, and not for them loool.

EDIT:
And 1 hour later order is 47% with AAO 20%. so it fluctuates a lot as well.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#43 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:11 am

we could have a double album worth of excuses of why this game is dieing slowly but surely. not one of them would be dev saying "oh yes this game is too grindy and unresponsive to be taken as a serious online game". instead we get "lul this is not a game, this is a job, lulululu"

Absinth

Post#44 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:40 am

zulnam wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:39 am [...]

45% of 282 is 126, roughly. So there would be plenty of players to even it up a bit. Not to even mention the people on destro who could... xrealm.

[...]
Those who xrealm to weaker side were already on loosing side, those who pretend to do that while just joining the stronger side were farming the loosing side.
About the "plenty of players to balance it out" Keep in mind that some people would play scenarios, farm pve for potions etc., do dungeons for gear etc. And also if you dont have open warbands in zone you will not even it out no matter how hard you try, it requires some courage to have a leader that will gather the pugs and lead them not to talk about the attitude of people that being on death timer is the worst thing that could happen in their life or people wanting everything to be handed to them on silver platter. Guilds doing blobbing destroyed the smallscale and midscale causing solo players to rather not play rvr than play it. Go to any active zone where people are currently fighting, get a order/destro friend to attack you 1v1, you will either see people join making it 1vX or you will get run down by blob.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

jbrutal

Post#45 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:53 am

Game is balance
just make 2v2v2
no pugs
no casual
no useless class so like half dps oh but wait games is balance errrrrr
JUST GET GUD BRO

Acidic

Post#46 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:18 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:00 pm
Emissary wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:38 pm Nerf Rampage :)

"Just shatter it" :)

"Free Nerfed Buttons 2023" :)
We could probably have a double-sided album worth of excuses why people lose in PvP. Not one of them being "It's my own fault somehow"
The issue is not winning or losing, it’s balance. That is how much effort is required by different side.

Evilspinnre
Banned

Post#47 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:31 am

Acidic wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:18 am The issue is not winning or losing, it’s balance. That is how much effort is required by different side.
Do you actually think destro is weaker in RvR and order is overpowered?
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Garamore

Post#48 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:05 pm

In small scale and funnels its order - in open rvr its destro - thats why nearly all the 6 mans are order and destro wins lotd every week. Same reason order are such keep huggers.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Nickalispicalis

Post#49 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:59 pm

Why Mythic never went with three factions is something I will never understand. You need three to balance PVP. They got it right with DAOC. Why did they go back to two factions with Warhammer ???

There was no reason for the owners of this private server to be bound by mythic's idiocy. Why didn't they introduce three factions?

Sulorie

Post#50 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:33 pm

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:59 pm Why Mythic never went with three factions is something I will never understand. You need three to balance PVP. They got it right with DAOC. Why did they go back to two factions with Warhammer ???

There was no reason for the owners of this private server to be bound by mythic's idiocy. Why didn't they introduce three factions?
Having 3 factions doesn't mean you have balanced fights. It's not like both smaller factions together are exactly as large as the 3rd one. You can still farm the smallest faction.
Dying is no option.