Recent Topics

Ads

How come Zealot damage is so miserable?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kloaner

Re: How come Zealot damage is so miserable?

Post#11 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:15 pm

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:05 pm Out of curiosity, since the private server went live has there been any class changes at all? Not just to Zealot, but any class?
viewtopic.php?t=50469

last one has been a while. WP/DoK got a Melee Heal Spec, WH/WE got a bigger Buff and overall a lot of nerfs & messed up changes. At the moment there is a rumor that they are working on coding the abilities all over again so they can fix the broken ones better etc. but no one really knows what the status is and if this will lead to any changes in the meta.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Ads
Nickalispicalis

Post#12 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:00 pm What other have posted. Zealot dps skills just have too low dmg, even if you try and max intel. In addition, all zealot specific dps tactics have some problem which prevents them from being effective:

Scourged Warping- looks good on paper, practically its too low chance to go off in any situation where you will actually try to do dps. And when it does, gcd means all it does is turn 2 sec Scourge into 1.5 sec Scourge. For extra bonus, too low dmg on Scourge for a 2 sec cast skill.

Waves of Chaos- 10 ft radius, unless opponent stands on top of glowing mark (from back when marks weren't bugged and actually showed up), it will do no dmg. And even when it does dmg, its just way too low- 150 per tick before resists. A single magis/engi aoe dot does x2 to x3 dmg even for a toughness magus, and doesn't has a 30 sec cd (not to mention, those do not take tactic slots).

Sweeping Disgorgement- as other have mentioned, too narrow cone to reliably hit things.

Chaotic Force- affects only 2 skills, which have too low dmg.

Swirling Vortex- increases the range of your 60 sec cd aoe from 30 ft to 30 ft...

Manipulation- for the extra lol, it does a physival dmg as well.
Starting with I think with conquerer, none of the subsequent armor tiers give any intelligence at all, so even if you wanted too, it could never work.

It is poor class design if you ask me. Zealot is a priest class. It's magical source is divine magic. Willpower or wisdom if you like. Intelligence is arcane magic. This is wizardry. They are not the same. It makes little sense from a lore perspective for a priest to use one source to heal and another to harm. I am prepared for all the derision from those that say that this Warhammer and not some other game. I have read all the Warhammer books. I am well familiar with the lore. Chaos sorcerers and Cultists, Priests do not act the same. The former harness powers from the warp, the latter rely on a Patrron, be it the Chaos Gods, Lords of Change... Even if you tell me that it is all the same source as the Chaos Gods are creatures of the warp, how you going to explain the difference as they apply to the other classes, Am, Wp, Shaman... You cannot as it is in contradiction.

Zxul

Post#13 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:55 pm

Nickalispicalis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:33 pm
Zxul wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:00 pm What other have posted. Zealot dps skills just have too low dmg, even if you try and max intel. In addition, all zealot specific dps tactics have some problem which prevents them from being effective:

Scourged Warping- looks good on paper, practically its too low chance to go off in any situation where you will actually try to do dps. And when it does, gcd means all it does is turn 2 sec Scourge into 1.5 sec Scourge. For extra bonus, too low dmg on Scourge for a 2 sec cast skill.

Waves of Chaos- 10 ft radius, unless opponent stands on top of glowing mark (from back when marks weren't bugged and actually showed up), it will do no dmg. And even when it does dmg, its just way too low- 150 per tick before resists. A single magis/engi aoe dot does x2 to x3 dmg even for a toughness magus, and doesn't has a 30 sec cd (not to mention, those do not take tactic slots).

Sweeping Disgorgement- as other have mentioned, too narrow cone to reliably hit things.

Swirling Vortex- increases the range of your 60 sec cd aoe from 30 ft to 30 ft...

Starting with I think with conquerer, none of the subsequent armor tiers give any intelligence at all, so even if you wanted too, it could never work.

It is poor class design if you ask me. Zealot is a priest class. It's magical source is divine magic. Willpower or wisdom if you like. Intelligence is arcane magic. This is wizardry. They are not the same. It makes little sense from a lore perspective for a priest to use one source to heal and another to harm. I am prepared for all the derision from those that say that this Warhammer and not some other game. I have read all the Warhammer books. I am well familiar with the lore. Chaos sorcerers and Cultists, Priests do not act the same. The former harness powers from the warp, the latter rely on a Patrron, be it the Chaos Gods, Lords of Change... Even if you tell me that it is all the same source as the Chaos Gods are creatures of the warp, how you going to explain the difference as they apply to the other classes, Am, Wp, Shaman... You cannot as it is in contradiction.
Zealot mechanic turns will into intel, so there is no difference for zealot between having will or intel on armor.

Also, in Warhammer there is no difference between divine or arcane- all is powered by warp. Chaos Gods are literally powers from the warp, just as are Gork and Mork, or anything else in there. Per lore, specifically the only difference between a Chaos God and a random daemon, is that Chaos God is a bigger clump of souls.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Nickalispicalis

Post#14 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:55 pm
Nickalispicalis wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Zealot mechanic turns will into intel, so there is no difference for zealot between having will or intel on armor.

Also, in Warhammer there is no difference between divine or arcane- all is powered by warp. Chaos Gods are literally powers from the warp, just as are Gork and Mork, or anything else in there. Per lore, specifically the only difference between a Chaos God and a random daemon, is that Chaos God is a bigger clump of souls.
You are dead wrong if you think the warp is the only source. I won't reveal your name to the inquisition lest you be burned at the stake. The Emperor of man a creature of the warp?

Detangler

Post#15 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:54 pm

With how harbinger can be turned on and off, zealot buffs is balancing on a knife edge honestly. Too little damage and its not worth it. Buff too much and zealot/RP could be a monster worse than the DPS sham/AM that plagues scenarios. Right now at least with this mechanic you can put out some ok assist damage numbers while in 100% heal spec.

Zealot has it worse off than RP, though. Rune of Battle's fire and forget makes it far easier to use than a channeled AoE. More useful tactics that change how you want to play a class - armor, snare and knockback cooldown, etc. Most zealot tactics are either useless, have large drawbacks, or barely add anything to make them worthwhile (as previously stated by others).

If anything, what should be changed is to increase damage coefficient numbers for damage abilities for Zealot/RP where more intelligence gives more damage. Right now I could go full glass cannon mixing sets with Divine Fury so I neuter healing all for a Scourge attack that maybe crits for 800 on a low resist/low toughness target. In healing spec, it would be like 3-400. Its just not worth investing points into.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Laurentz

Post#16 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:57 am

DPS Zealot, when live servers died, was tremendously fun, but also very difficult to play. So there were only a few of us doing it. It could be OP in specific situations with a skilled DPSer and a good group supporting them who knew what it could do. I thoroughly enjoyed it with my little team, it was just so different.

It all went downhill with RoR. Initially they sort of tried to restore it to Live conditions, but neglected several bugs that were making it worse than Live. Then they gave it some random buffs to compensate. Things were ok for about a year and then they nerfed the ever-loving crap out of it because of Order whining about the one good ability it had left. I think it has been 3+ years since I quit the game because of this.

So here I am again checking in to see if they ever fixed the only class I enjoy playing. Looks like I will have to check in again a year from now.

Scottx125

Post#17 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:05 pm

Nickalispicalis wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:49 pm Yes, I understand it is healing class and that is what I do 99% of the time. But that 1% of the time... It is just pathetic. Why? Shaman, DOK, Archmage, Warrior Priest all has decent damage.

I could understand sacrificing the damage if you were twice the healer of any other class, but you are not.
Warrior Priest has decent damage? I nearly spat out my drink.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Zxul

Post#18 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:02 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:05 pm Warrior Priest has decent damage? I nearly spat out my drink.
From running into several wps over time, they do a high pressure- more than for example wls. Its the burst which is the problem.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Scottx125

Post#19 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:20 pm

Zxul wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:02 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:05 pm Warrior Priest has decent damage? I nearly spat out my drink.
From running into several wps over time, they do a high pressure- more than for example wls. Its the burst which is the problem.
If a WL is being out DPS'd by a WP's sustain, that WL needs to re-roll lol...
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Fey

Post#20 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:03 am

They have crap damage because they have an aoe armor debuff, and aoe heal debuff. Both quite good in warband play. Wait, what?

We regret the error in our reporting
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan