Recent Topics

Ads

New LOTD balance system - proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Kpi

Re: New LOTD balance system - proposal

Post#31 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:58 am

Uberlix wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:49 am Except that LOTD is not about Blob vs. Blob.

And as long as Order don't realise that, even after getting told time and time again, nothing will improve.

And even if it is Blob vs. Blob, that is indeed the fault of the players. No one forcing Destro or Order to Blob, be it RVR or LOTD. Keep in mind, Blob vs Blob usually starts with one Faction gathering en masse to Zerg, which leads to the other faction having to Blob up as well, if they want any chance of getting things done.

Saying this isn't the fault of the players, no matter if it is Order od Destro, is delusional.
the previous LOTD I played, the order controlled the flags. The destro won because the blob was annihilating everything it found on the way and thus obtained more points than with the flags themselves.

So yes, all is about blobs :)

I still don't know who you are in the game :)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
IVendettaI

Post#32 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:08 am

Order zerg us and "blob" us all the time, but it's normal
Order benefits form the Xrealm more than Destruction, but it's normal

But when Order lose LOTD, it's a problem lol

You just want win, no ?
You want make balance because you just want win all in the game ? Hahahahahahaha
Like Xrealmers in general in fact !

That is the problem for me, and I want REAL BALANCE for this

Absinth

Post#33 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:16 am

Kpi wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 am Who are u? I can't recognize that nickname on game

I have said what I have felt in 4-5 LOTD. Which now that I think about it is very similar to RVR. But it's not the players' fault that the game is now just Blob vs. Blob. What is certain is that the destro takes advantage of it much more in its favor.
Damn top ego because his name in forum is not the same as his chars (because everyone has to run nicknames like XXXchop / XXXslayer).

You feel that because certain order leaders push agenda that is self-destructive for their chances in LoTD.
LoTD is not about killing if you want to win it, It's about putting enough pressure to be able to cap the points while forcing people closer and closer to wb.
And from what it seems order loves to play the "Scared fat cat" tactic where they after first lost fight they decide to hide the blob in the hole (just like they hide in tavern/crypt on orvr). This approach allows destro to cap and win because point generation from BO's is usually higher per second on avarage than one from kills when order executes mentioned above tactic.

Not to say that according to my informations 2 warbands decided to chicken out of LoTD quite early into the campaign.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Uberlix

Post#34 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:16 am

Kpi wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:58 am
the previous LOTD I played, the order controlled the flags. The destro won because the blob was annihilating everything it found on the way and thus obtained more points than with the flags themselves.

So yes, all is about blobs :)

If that is the case, why didn't you adapt and backcap all the BOs, while destro was busy being one giant blob and zerging everything? Worked like a charm for destro during the LOTD, where order was 1k kills head. Repeating the same wrong statement over and over again, doesn't magically make it a true statement, you know.

Kpi wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:58 am I still don't know who you are in the game :)

Oh well, i am done trying to get my point across. Some people are just beyond help at this point.

Have a nice day and see you in the next LOTD o7
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Absinth

Post#35 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:24 am

IVendettaI wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:08 am Order zerg us and "blob" us all the time, but it's normal
Order benefits form the Xrealm more than Destruction, but it's normal

But when Order lose LOTD, it's a problem lol

You just want win, no ?
You want make balance because you just want win all in the game ? Hahahahahahaha
Like Xrealmers in general in fact !

That is the problem for me, and I want REAL BALANCE for this
Well quoting certain order players;
"We can't carry the zone, if we don't group up"
"It's prime time we MUST blob " (no you dont have to :) )
"It's still not all of order" (despite having 5 wb's under his lead and pugs)

And when someone from destro cries about it the answer goes like this:

"Accidental blobbing while going from keep/bo"
"But you blobbed first!" (sounds like real children)
"We don't blob" (didnt knew that one warband could fit 48+ people)

The thing is that LoTD is balanced against blobbing (the debuff) and only way to make blobbing work there is doing so in chokepoints, but the problem is that there is not a lot of chokepoints and majority of them can by bypassed and flanked.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Garamore

Post#36 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:33 am

Has anyone got numbers from the start of LOTD last night? Usually its pretty balanced (i.e full both sides). There was a queue on destro as some of our wb didnt get in. Was there a queue on order?

As to why order lose, if you zerg all week in a skill free blob and bring warbands with 2 healers and dps tanks in them you will lose when faced with even numbers. If you give up after 1 fight and leave the zone those that remain will get farmed. If you spend 10 mins grouping up and lose bos you will lose.
Pretty much the same story for every lotd and no different queuing mechanism would make any difference.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Orgruk

Post#37 » Sat May 13, 2023 11:37 am

Ninjagon wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 am We have beautiful day, well isn't it the right time, to bring back this topic?

Fix the population imbalance for LOTD and nobody can complain.
Simple change and we could have fights instead of slaughterhouse like yesterday.

Question is, do you want a competition or farming? Ask yourself.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#38 » Sat May 13, 2023 12:19 pm

lmao, as an order player who has played about dozen lotds on kotbs/sw in premaed halfbands/full warbands i can only agree here with destro players. dont get this wrong orderbros, i dont wanna blame everyone, but imo destro won every time i played lotd because they had better coordination and were much, much faster. it's very shameful to claim otherwise and very bad sportsmanship.

re: "outnumbered" thing. i think this happens because of leavers. every lotd i've been to has had huuuuge amount of order players on start warcamp, and untill first few lost engagements, then like 1/4 just leave :)
i'd suggest that if you leave lotd then you cannot earn any renown/crests on character for next 24hours. people would then simply afk in wc, but at least we could see the problem :)

Ads
Ninjagon

Post#39 » Sat May 13, 2023 12:30 pm

There is nothing bad if the better organized or just stronger side wins.
But i think there is population disproportion from the very start of the LOTD.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Sinisterror

Post#40 » Sat May 13, 2023 1:06 pm

Best thing about LOTD were that you could park your Characters there and if your realm didnt have access to lotd at that time, you log those chars you have in Lotd and start Invading Tovl/Tombs. It was amazing to go to Lotd (Summoning stones or Parked chars) when your realm couldnt go there, so it was " us vs all of them "

I heavily dislike RoR Lotd. Would love to have Magic/Ranged/Melee power cloak+ring but i just cant be bothered. Is there anyone who actually likes RoR lotd more than WAR Lotd? If so, WHY? 24 Aoe cap. Aoe Hd's removed, oh and Morale dmg as well, which were the 2 ways of killing against higher numbers, both removed=) And 1 class can spam AE without target and kill tank and his guardee because why the fudge not? Remove all the counters against ZERG and 24 aoe cap just makes sure that ZERG always wins. KSJDNGKESAJNGKSDJNKSJEG

And this Timed LOTD is stupid, so stupid. Like City. I mean WHY TAKE THE BEST THING ABOUT LOTD AWAY WHICH WAS INVADING TOMBS/TOVL OR DEFENDING THEM AND BEING INVADED.

lawnkfWNKAEJWQNTKÖWNLsdkgnks dwjjwsengQKWE N ALL HOPE IS LOST
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sat May 13, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz