Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Heal class mechanic

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Chirok

[Shaman] Heal class mechanic

Post#1 » Thu May 04, 2023 7:59 am

Hi Folks,

i got a question:

Currently iam a lvl 22 Shaman (so no FotG yet) and i got the feeling that iam sitting ob to much Gork-Points during a heavy battle.
I try to put as many dots up as i can but in a phase of heavy dmg peaks i have to hit the healing spells to keep my mates up. Therefore i gain a lot of Gork-Points, but its feels like i have not the right tools do make a usage of the Gork-Points for the healing output and simultaneous keep my mates alive, because "I´ll take that" hits like a wet noodle and will heal nearly nothing. That's why I almost never use it. The healing output is just not big enough.

Does this will improved with the FotG-Skill or am i doing something wrong ?

Ads
Absinth

Re: [Shaman] Heal class mechanic

Post#2 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:33 am

Chirok wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:59 am Hi Folks,

i got a question:

Currently iam a lvl 22 Shaman (so no FotG yet) and i got the feeling that iam sitting ob to much Gork-Points during a heavy battle.
I try to put as many dots up as i can but in a phase of heavy dmg peaks i have to hit the healing spells to keep my mates up. Therefore i gain a lot of Gork-Points, but its feels like i have not the right tools do make a usage of the Gork-Points for the healing output and simultaneous keep my mates alive, because "I´ll take that" hits like a wet noodle and will heal nearly nothing. That's why I almost never use it. The healing output is just not big enough.

Your priority is healing, those dots are just a thing you can do in free time between casting heals.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Gladiolix

Post#3 » Thu May 04, 2023 8:55 am

Ignore the mechanic and just keep healing. When you get FodG, make friends with choppas with Chop Fasta and during the uptime of the cooldown decreares spend all your Gork points with FodG. Once you hit 1 mork point, fast cast Gather round to get 1 gork point and juggle with gather round and FodG until the end of chop fasta. FotG outside of chop fasta should be just used on cooldown, and otherwise ignore the mechanic.

The above is just for heavy aoe healing with chop fasta, obviously you have many many other tools in your toolkit and you should use them as well as needed. Dotting enemies in heal spec is pretty close to a wasted time in my opinion, I would rather just pre-hot my team. EDIT: Or throw puddle, AP Drain, aoe stat debuffs etc.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Sapblatter

Post#4 » Thu May 04, 2023 9:33 am

Chirok wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:59 am Hi Folks,

i got a question:

Every shaman player will tell you something a little different due to playstyles, theres no right or wrong answer but i would pretty much ignore the the mechanic until you get Fotg, as a healing shaman you pretty much will always be sitting at 5 gork, some could argue you should weave dots inbetween healing spell but the damage they do is so pitiful and you could be finding situation where your struggling for ap. The benefit of stacking 5 gorks when using Fotg you can really put out some big healing numbers when under the effect of chop fasta.

If you really want to min/max the hell out of it, the sort of rotation you could use is a heal spell > empowered fotg > empowered heal spell > empowered dps spell > empowered heal spell > empowered fotg and so on but the issue here would be after the first Fotg you will have a period of 4 seconds where fury is on cooldown and would need to weave in a dps spell or just heal more and mess up the pendulum effect.

Phantasm

Post#5 » Thu May 04, 2023 11:12 am

I Started play Shaman myself too because gobos are best race in the world :)
What i learned to do (because i play dps for many years) is heal when its needed, means first 10-20s of battle, when keeping dps and especially tanks alive is crucial, and try to spot a moment when out team is starting to win, then having in mind my group is hoted i tend to do important seequence of dps:
  • Get'n Smarter >> Bleed Fer' Me >> Life Leaka >> 'Ere We Go! >> Big Waaagh! >> Bunch o' Waaagh
on assisted Main Dps (important part). But be aware, its a fluff dmg, without any means, but keep you engaged into combat when otherwise you would overheal.

Chirok

Post#6 » Thu May 04, 2023 2:08 pm

Ok thank you guys for all the tips :-)

doky

Post#7 » Fri May 05, 2023 12:11 pm

you will be able and should use the mechanic later when you have fodg and scuse me, theese two will help spending mechanic points. the key is to start managing your mechanic when you are at 2 or 3 points,later at 4 - 5 takes too much time. It is easier with the mechanic if you try playing intelligence gear(still as a healer) bouncing at 1 or 2 mechanic points, but it will require good practice and skills, you can top healing scoreboard without any willpower if played properly while also killing a few enemies. Lifetap shamans could have some love by the devs, but they are not so bad however and if you really wanna stick to being a mechanical shammy you should try it. Playing a healer mastery you will be stuck at 5 points of gork often, dont worry about that, reset it and use damaging spells as soon as you see the opportunity