Recent Topics

Ads

yet another thread about choosing a class

Let's talk about... everything else
kuvktk

yet another thread about choosing a class

Post#1 » Wed May 03, 2023 6:32 am

Somewhat returning player. I'z +- know about class balance and mechanics, but still want some help with choosing a class to dedicate to. My main criteria is usefulness in big scale ORVR, if possible something that is underrepresented in terms of popularity. Something needed. Are destro still desperate about healers? Do order still in need of a tanky tanks? My main problem is that I want to play something melee range, but I hate order side lol and I hate 2 out of 3 destro tank classes. but.
Is snb BG viable as other tanks in terms of WB play? Can shammy deal healing numbers as big as the other healers in 2023? Who is more generally more sought after: IB or SM? I member a lot of years ago there was a little slayer shortage on order, is that true still?

and I would gladly accept any general advise on which class you think is awesome at rr80 bis gear in wb play

Ads
amputationsaw

Re: yet another thread about choosing a class

Post#2 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:02 am

destro still needs healers. everytime is look through the open WB's there are too few healers in them and the Leaders are always searching for them in the LFG chat. so yeah. zealot or dok is what i would recommend, but shammy is also okay. if you wanna Tank, go chosen or BG because Blorc is nerfed to death and not a good choice if you can choose the other two.

Tesq

Post#3 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:12 pm

Shammy / am are super viable after the lifetap balance patch of some years ago.

I'd say worst spot is for chalice dok in term of survability.

In term of healing they are all good atm

-S+b BG is from a long time somewhat pitful, 2h bg can spec def or off and play effectivly both format. L small and rvr Same for city. Just dont def or push inside funnels.

Emissary
Community Management

Post#4 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:44 pm

kuvktk wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:32 am Is snb BG viable as other tanks in terms of WB play? Can shammy deal healing numbers as big as the other healers in 2023? Who is more generally more sought after: IB or SM? I member a lot of years ago there was a little slayer shortage on order, is that true still?
BG is, in my opinion, THE best tank in the game. It comes with 90 parry with the least amount of grind in the game. As far as WB though, I would pick a Chosen or Borc before a BG because of the utilities they bring to the entire team. One BG per WB is enough in my opinion. Shammy has some of the highest heals with the least amount of gear grind as well. Generally sought after IB or SM? Depends on your group makeup. If I had a slayer comp it would be an IB, if I had a AM/SW/WL makeup it would be a SM for Winds. SM is less played than an IB, but the utility an IB can bring to help make 1 person an unkillable ball of rage is super handy.

Tank-wise as far as DMG and kill power the ranking goes BG#1, BORC#2, Chosen#3, SM#4, IB#5 and the most nerfed class kotbs#6 !!!

Here is a graph for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by Emissary on Wed May 03, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:56 pm

+1 to 2H BG (snb mostly just brings M4 for siege), SHM (better surv) or AM (better hybrid if you in to that).

Any heal or tank is always needed in both sides, but just play what you want.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

vekkth

Post#6 » Wed May 03, 2023 4:52 pm

2 handed BG are very fun to play, you are a threat to your enemies constantly and still a tank.

Cyrinael

Post#7 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:20 pm

Contrary to what most people say, both sides are mostly in need of good DPS-players.

Rotgut

Post#8 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:56 pm

I just got back too, been doing a lot of T1 Scenarios and Open RvR during peak and off peak hours. Its only been a couple of days so its not too relevant, but i don't see how your T1 experience at the moment could be too different:

Order needs MDPS. Not unplayable by any means, but most of my Scenario losses are due to our side consisting of 35 to 50% of Healers.

Destro have too many Tanks. Borcs, Chosens and BGs everywhere. When i see a few Marauders and Choppas on my team, i know i'm going to have a good time. But it feels more imbalanced than Order in this regard.

Also, i've yet to have a single griefer while doing Scenarios on my Order characters, but it happens quite a bit on Destro side - people just spamming chat calling everybody crap, refusing to play if they don't have a pet healer, crying about how Order is so much better in Scenarios. Literally never happened on Order.

Ads
Absinth

Post#9 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:27 pm

amputationsaw wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:02 am destro still needs healers. everytime is look through the open WB's there are too few healers in them and the Leaders are always searching for them in the LFG chat. so yeah. zealot or dok is what i would recommend, but shammy is also okay. if you wanna Tank, go chosen or BG because Blorc is nerfed to death and not a good choice if you can choose the other two.
You dont see healers in pugs because noone cares to keep a slot for a healer they just let everyone in and they roam in one group often riding on the back of the organised wb. You have some people running autowarband and having a slot for a healer but quite often people who run pugs dont care about the way of pug composition. What destro needs is good tanks that know how to guard/challenge/use morales and DPS that will not spam GTDC every time its off cooldown, healer wise destro is okay, could use few more during NA times and early EU times but its population issue and not playerbase issue, and most of the healers will turn to dps spec after hitting rr80(talking mainly about shammies, but happens with doks going sdok/dd too) anyways. Everyone says "roll a healer, pick a healer" and then you end up with 8 of them in single scenario with 2 tanks, not to say that 7 out of 8 of them will be dps spec due to getting constantly matched with other healers.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Toggle

Post#10 » Wed May 03, 2023 9:50 pm

People will say tank/healer over and over. Then people make a tank/healer, and like I have experienced over and over, sit in /5 for 20 or 30 minutes asking for a group. If you’re alright with that, then by all means, roll one of those two. If you want to be able to hop on and start doing stuff immediately, then roll a DPS.

I used to main zealot/RP, but I got tired of looking for groups all of the time, so I went shammy/AM instead. Group looking for healer? Got it. Nobody asking for anything or responding to /5 offers, then I just go DPS spec and solo. Either way, I get to log on and just play. Much more enjoyable for me.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]