Recent Topics

Ads

WH Question

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptGeorges

WH Question

Post#1 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:40 pm

How do you make a WH that doesnt instantly melt but also does decent damage? I can't crack it for the life of me.

I'm talking Scenarios and Small scale/Roaming

Ads
Zxul

Re: WH Question

Post#2 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:13 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:40 pm How do you make a WH that doesnt instantly melt but also does decent damage? I can't crack it for the life of me.

I'm talking Scenarios and Small scale/Roaming
For example, the Absolution spam build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 2,2993,521

You just spam Absolution as long as you have any executions, each Absolution as long as it is used within 3 sec of the last one gains extra 50% armor pen that you have from ws, each one heals you for 150% of the dmg that it heals, and each also has a 50% chance to restore 2 executions so you can use another Absolution right after. If out of executions use Razor Strike (more dmg, still enjoys +50% armor pen), or Torment, then back to Absolution.

If you are opening on caster, or if you are in a sc where caster spams aoe dots, replace Brute Force with Vindication.

Also your Dragon Gun hits with bullet all targets hit, so Dragon Gun on multuple targets= instant heal to full.

If you want to go even more defensive btw, slot Emperor's Ward instead of Brute Force. Can also stack some toughness, to make extra use of constant heals which you are getting.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Farrul

Post#3 » Mon May 01, 2023 4:54 am

For starters you'll need 8,5-9 k wounds // 250 + initiative (before bullet ini steal, get ctbc clos to 0 ). Expect to feel squishy and die a lot when under pressure with lesser gear(it is normal, hence ''the grind''').

Then it comes down to practice, learn the tricks of the class and developing some skills.

I assume heal bullet spec, use Repel Blasphemy always from the back, never front (e.g when target is knocked down). As mentioned spam Absolution and make use of flowing accusation/heal. Learn when to engange and when to disengange, e.g kite and get HP back through heal bullet // (procs 2 x times) trial by pain.

Wh/We has the greatest escape tools in the game on low CD, never fight fairly like some melee brawler classes or tanks, if the fight is not going your way vanish out / stagger etc. From stealth, emergency stealth/vanish, stagger, knockdown 10 sec cd, self morale pump(m1) and some semi-ranged/heal utility the tools for a great solo roamer are right there, make use of them.

The survivability is not through mitigation but cooldowns and tricks, if you pull them off correctly you'll have better survival rates than the tankiest of regentard tanks. If not(assuming you're geared) practice and improve or find another class/playstyle that better suits you(i.e regentard chosen, 3-4 button spam class but can be fun for a relaxed playstyle)

CptGeorges

Post#4 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 am

Atonement Tactic not worth it for abso spam?

Zxul

Post#5 » Mon May 01, 2023 12:18 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 am Atonement Tactic not worth it for abso spam?
Depends on your setup, crit has to deal with FS, and you have Brute Force which is free. Generally would say if you go more offensive/glass cannon Atonement is worth trying, if you go more def with lower str/crit then probably worth slotting Brute Force. Though try both and see what works better for you.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

chookette

Post#6 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:26 pm

which spec do you recommend for a 40/40 fee?