Recent Topics

Ads

Couple SW questions

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ShadowWar

Couple SW questions

Post#1 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:31 pm

Been gone a hot minute (read: long time). Is Steady Aim now a toggle ability? If so, have you guys found it worth it, or only after a certain threshold is met? The cost:reward benefit doesn't seem favorable at first glance, but curious how it plays out in practice.

Also, is there anywhere to get better weapons than the old fort ones (... of the Subjugator)? I thought I saw some in the War Quarter, but they had another weapon as a dependency, but wasn't clear on how to get that one even.

Thanks and happy hunting all!

Ads
Sever1n

Re: Couple SW questions

Post#2 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:21 am

For burst fort for constant dps reverence+egg on ap per second.

Fenris78

Post#3 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:22 am

Steady aim is only worth with skirmish stance + bullseye tactic since you need at least a +25% chance to crit to worth the +25% AP cost.
for aSW it matters less and is only a bonus on the few arrows you will cast while in assault mode.

About weapons, I found Bloodlord falcata + Fortress bow to be the best damage output available.

Avernus

Post#4 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:47 am

ShadowWar wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:31 pm Been gone a hot minute (read: long time). Is Steady Aim now a toggle ability? If so, have you guys found it worth it, or only after a certain threshold is met? The cost:reward benefit doesn't seem favorable at first glance, but curious how it plays out in practice.

Also, is there anywhere to get better weapons than the old fort ones (... of the Subjugator)? I thought I saw some in the War Quarter, but they had another weapon as a dependency, but wasn't clear on how to get that one even.

Thanks and happy hunting all!
Worth or not...without M2 you don't have anything better anyway. Yes, it's sort of trap for new SW, if you don't have enough crit your AP gonna disappear really fast (and if you spam EE/AoE they will disappear anyway).

As for weapons, bloodlord sword+fort bow, i can't see anything better than this (unless you want to sacrifice your damage for a bit of survivability).

Summary, without M2 and increased range from powerful draw, you are pathetic copy of good ST BW (scout) or decent AoE dps (only if you have SM buddy with WW)/miserable ST rdps who is forced to go 65ft/40ft range to be useful.

aSW is kinda okay, but don't even think about it before you hit at least bloodlord+sentinel (still, it really works with bis gear only).

ShadowWar

Post#5 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Thanks for the replies all. Been playing a bit to figure things out, and was able to find the vendor for the "Fortress" weapons, which are upgrades of the old fort weapons at the invader vendor. So working on that and Warlord gear now, and will move to Sov after that.

And now that I think on it, should/can I just skip Warlord gear altogether for Sov?

Fallenkezef

Post#6 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Anyone know if dot crits proc the bullseye tactic?
Alea iacta est

Fenris78

Post#7 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:59 pm Anyone know if dot crits proc the bullseye tactic?
No, same for every other similar tactic ; only direct damage can proc add damage, or in this case, Bullseye tactic.

Avernus

Post#8 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 pm

ShadowWar wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:17 pm And now that I think on it, should/can I just skip Warlord gear altogether for Sov?
My personal opinion - yes, you should. I don't like the fact that warlord has -dodge chance as set bonus, no hp set bonus, no crit chance set bonus.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:10 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:42 pm
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:59 pm Anyone know if dot crits proc the bullseye tactic?
No, same for every other similar tactic ; only direct damage can proc add damage, or in this case, Bullseye tactic.
Thanks, so no bullseye for a dot build. So the ability that increases crit damage at the expense of increased ap cost isn't much use for the dot build either?
Alea iacta est

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:46 am

Avernus wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 pm
ShadowWar wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:17 pm And now that I think on it, should/can I just skip Warlord gear altogether for Sov?
My personal opinion - yes, you should. I don't like the fact that warlord has -dodge chance as set bonus, no hp set bonus, no crit chance set bonus.
warlord is not bad because -dodge chance as set bonus. in fact that's one of the best bonuses it has. imo. running 5wl+2sentinel for a few months now, with bullseye, and i have no problems with crit chance, but i still have big problem against good players that have good dodge chance proc. worst thing about warlord is that armor debuff doesnt stack with other armor debuffs, which esentially makes it useless. it can be good in 1v1 situations however, so that you dont have to use acid arrow. also +2to skirmish path is useless. that being said, it would be better to have like 3wl, 3triumphant, 3 invader or something like that before going for sov. or you can simply go full invader (awesome bonuses if you're skirmish) and after that focus on sov/triumph BIS.