Ads

Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
HammerGuy

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#51 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:22 pm

Kendaric wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:10 am
HammerGuy wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:03 am Can you imagine trying to go into discordant scenarios as a BW/sorc or slayer/choppa? No way to guarantee a decent healer or tank in the discordant.
How do you think solo players felt when trying to play a discordant scenario? Now it's a pure PUG scenario like it was always intended to be.

Best change ever.
I've played discordant solo too. I know how it goes. The results have not changed.

Ads
Tanski

Post#52 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:07 pm
Tanski wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:02 pm Now that pug sc is solo make every other sc require 6 to que. This will put and end to pug v premade crying , and make actual 6 man’s have more competitive fights.if you form 6 and have pugs filled fighting double premade it is very frustrating. Maybe people will actually make use of /5 and get into the right discord servers. I don’t think anyone wants to farm rdps pugs for hours it gets boring very quick

Including weekend sc. This is a group based game
Then we have basically group ranked and you know how alive it is. Furthermore it will extend queue times for groups by a lot.
It actually has been alive recently :D . It seems like 90% of the server doesn’t even want good fights, nothing the devs can do about that. This game could be so good if more people just put a little effort in to actually learn the basics and group up. Ive seen a lot of players from rvr focused guilds just spamming aoe as DD and group heal as healer in scs… and they still flame others xD . It really needs a larger player pool for better sc/city matchmaking but don’t see that happening .
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

ravezaar

Post#53 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:03 pm

ppl who grouped up and q-d for discordant before did this for one reason and one reason only to farm those who q-d Solo in discordant, these players did so cause it was easier to farm Solo q'rs then to do normal SC and risk facing premades of there own. you can cry adn make up any reason u want but this was the only one its simple really.

Saw Guilds get 6ppl in same discordant on multiple occations just cause they timed there duo grps and these are now the ppl crying here. If u want to duo q u still can in the normal SC's so really u have no reason to cry, unless ofc it was to farm Solo players and Pugs

lmao this thread funny to read
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Nameless

Post#54 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:04 pm

Imo let discordant scen be solo only but let rest be only group queu (two or more till 6). So when when facing premade you know at your side you got at least 3 (6) duos which will make more equal fights.... hopefully
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

lemao

Post#55 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:07 pm
Tanski wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:02 pm Now that pug sc is solo make every other sc require 6 to que. This will put and end to pug v premade crying , and make actual 6 man’s have more competitive fights.if you form 6 and have pugs filled fighting double premade it is very frustrating. Maybe people will actually make use of /5 and get into the right discord servers. I don’t think anyone wants to farm rdps pugs for hours it gets boring very quick

Including weekend sc. This is a group based game
Then we have basically group ranked and you know how alive it is. Furthermore it will extend queue times for groups by a lot.
Scs where 12-18 people can enter is totally different compared to strict 6v6 where certain classes/setups are not viable.
Having 12-18 people on each side allows for much more diversity in terms of classes.

Repulsion

Post#56 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:05 pm

Spoiler:
ravezaar wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:03 pm ppl who grouped up and q-d for discordant before did this for one reason and one reason only to farm those who q-d Solo in discordant, these players did so cause it was easier to farm Solo q'rs then to do normal SC and risk facing premades of there own. you can cry adn make up any reason u want but this was the only one its simple really.

Saw Guilds get 6ppl in same discordant on multiple occations just cause they timed there duo grps and these are now the ppl crying here. If u want to duo q u still can in the normal SC's so really u have no reason to cry, unless ofc it was to farm Solo players and Pugs

lmao this thread funny to read
They hated him because he told them the truth...

Listen; It's not like you can't queue for normal scenarios as a duo, right?
I don't see why the players insisting and berating everyone on behalf of the GROUP aspect of the game felt so insulted by the removal of a DUO QUEUE in the designated NOOB/PUG/S O L O QUEUE MODE.

If you are in the "l2p and get a group this is how the game is played, scrub - #nosafespace" then why are you this salty over this change?

...maybe you spent a lot of time there with BiS combos due to wanting the path of least resistance and a higher change for a one sided stomp?
Maybe you "played" the system to even greater extents?
Spoiler:
(I don't think, for the record, that 3x duoQ was abused as much as insinuated but who knows)
And if that is the case then WHY is the angle of your defense a bunch of arrogant reminders that RoR, is indeed, a GROUP GAME?

Go. Make a group.
Go duoQ in the normal pool.
You're experienced players with multiple high RR toons that know the game inside out.
And IF your gripes is that you just rerolled a new toon and wanted to duo with another low RR toon etc, you are still priviledged with knowledge and still got a GUILD to GROUP up so they can ease your gearing process, right?

...OR - cut the crap and admit you're mad your easy mode is gone without the delusional rhetoric that you're a pro-group advocate and that the #safespacescrubs need to learn to group up. Practice what you preach.

So, which is it?
Because it can't be both, champs.

Stinkyweed

Post#57 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:16 pm

Good change for randomness and pug environment. I solo que primarily, duo que sometimes, and premade on occassion.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

tazdingo

Post#58 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:28 pm

great change

Ads
Fleetfox

Post#59 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:06 pm

Excellent change to discordant.

Hoping to see a little more retention when it comes to newer players.
And to you "pros" or no lifers crying about it.. get over it.

Caduceus

Post#60 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:21 pm

Question:

If my friend and I want to play scenarios, but regular scenarios aren't popping, is it against server rules to both seperate queue for Discordant?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz