Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
kirraha

Re: Scenario Rework

Post#41 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:31 am

Players who refuse to leave spawn should get orcapulted out into the sc map again.

Remove guards, add barriers instead so if you exit through the barrier you cant go back.

Votequitting was imo bad idea to add to the game, cus the quitters will just reque again after quitting and the rotation is eternal. Always same ppl who start the votequit. It should not be rewarded with crests imo.

Ppl who vote yes to quit should get no crests, and a 5 min timeout from scs so they can get a snack and rest their brains a bit.

Ads
Aluviya

Post#42 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 am

I honesty do not believe that allowing discordant as a soloqueue is the solution here either. It is just a fact that in certain timezones you will most likely end up with the same people in the same scenarios over and over as the population is too small to find different matchups (even if you did not have any bad itentions). I probably don't need to go into depth how that has been already abused, as already stated by several here. I strongly believe Discordants main strenght and intention should be a safeplace for new 40's ´, a bridge between Annhilator and Vanq level of gear (which is a minimum in my opinion to have a somewhat fair matchup). But Discordants design in an ideal world, was a good idea , I loved it in the beginning as a solo queueing experience as a healer it was gold. But on the factual side the assumptions made for the design of Discordant are clashing with a harsh reality in which BIS veterans are willing to abuse it as their own safespace to obsess about KD ratio and or the killboard. From my POV it's frightening to see how much time and endurance some have, spending in duo+ in BIS gear, farming hours and hours daily clueless pugs.
Last edited by Aluviya on Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Brakh

Post#43 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:44 am

Everyone knows that gear in RoR pvp is playing significant role, especially in small scale fights. How about to implement a possibility of buffing current player gear to BiS level for the duration of sc? Of course with additional opt out option for players which are not interested in this solution? This could finally end common argument that 'we lost coz they got full sov party.
Last edited by Brakh on Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless

Post#44 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:18 am

Not a fan of barriers, actually I am quite against them.
What is the problem if enemy team hide at their guards, that means that the whole map is free to control by dominating team and they could do objectives and win. After all scens goal is not kills but doing the objectives.
Barriers do what? Make ppl idle at spawn when hard dominating which at the end means less fights.
At battle of praag before the barriers it was constant fight now is chasing simulator. It is not fun for both sides.

Barriers doesnt brings anything possitive to the game, quite opposite, they make weaker team situation even worst
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Gravord

Post#45 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:58 am

Nameless wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:18 am Barriers do what?
Gravord wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:34 pm 3. Add barriers to all scenarios - unreasonable safety net of running back to warcamp causes bad mentality effect on the playerbase of always playing with less commitment than they could, always one leg turned towards warcamp ready to run to preserve precious kd while not maximum effort into actual fight. Real kiting skills were replaced with flee to warcamp and getting npcs to resolve supposed pvp combat while players underperform. That should have no place in pvp game mode ever. Players stepping into scenario should put their full effort into playing best to their abilities for their team to win, not look out for opportunity to run back and give a wc guard a warm hug.

Gravord

Post#46 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:08 am

Toggle wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:43 pm As an NA player with chronically low pop, I vote no for any matchmaking. I would rather play 3 or 4 crappy SCs in an hour than wait 30+ mins (or an hour?) for one crappy one. Out of the two situations above, at least I get to press some buttons in one of them. People aren’t going to sit around staring at a keyboard for 30+ (or more mins) to do SCs, sorry.
Is this really what you prefer over bit slower pop (and not so necessarily slower if all types of q are combined into one) that actually gives both sides balanced setup and a fighting chance?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1738158426?t=03h59m47s

Nameless

Post#47 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:18 am

You talk from premade pov. Play some solo and tell me when you feels that unreasonable safety. Beside again scens main goal is not farming pugs but doing objectives. And that is easier done when enemy stay near their wc so even easier to win the sc. But I presume that winning the sc objective is not your main goal.

By that time ppl should know that safe net is require at all ror mods, otherwise ppl dont do the content and server got empty.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Robzkull

Post#48 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:42 am

2/2/2 vs 2/2/2 (at least balanced "on paper" archetype setup) or no SC pop.

Been saying that for 2 years now.

Finally some Veteran premade players got bored with stomping pugs or having NOTHING to do.

Ads
Gravord

Post#49 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 am

Nameless wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:18 am You talk from premade pov. Play some solo and tell me when you feels that unreasonable safety. Beside again scens main goal is not farming pugs but doing objectives. And that is easier done when enemy stay near their wc so even easier to win the sc. But I presume that winning the sc objective is not your main goal.

By that time ppl should know that safe net is require at all ror mods, otherwise ppl dont do the content and server got empty.
Ive played plenty solo scenarios even the last weekend and it was abysmal. 2-4 kills and people fall back and wait to surrender vote because putting effort is a no go. Had a game with 4 tanks in one group with 2 dps, 4 healers with 2 dps in another and such basics like swapping parties to balance those setups are too damn much to ask for so they wait and surrender in games they could easily fight and win. Remove safety nets and get ppl to improve as players with no hand holding wc guard.

“Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight. If they will face death, there is nothing they may not achieve. Officers and men alike will put forth their uttermost strength. Soldiers in desperate straits lose the sense of fear. If there is no place of refuge, they will stand firm. If they are in the heart of a hostile country, they will show a stubborn front. If there is no help for it, they will fight hard. Thus, without waiting to be marshaled, the soldiers will be constantly on the alert, and without waiting to be asked, they will do your will; without restrictions, they will be faithful; without giving orders, they can be trusted.
Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts.
Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Kendaric

Post#50 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:14 pm

Gravord wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:43 am “Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight. If they will face death, there is nothing they may not achieve. Officers and men alike will put forth their uttermost strength. Soldiers in desperate straits lose the sense of fear. If there is no place of refuge, they will stand firm. If they are in the heart of a hostile country, they will show a stubborn front. If there is no help for it, they will fight hard. Thus, without waiting to be marshaled, the soldiers will be constantly on the alert, and without waiting to be asked, they will do your will; without restrictions, they will be faithful; without giving orders, they can be trusted.
Prohibit the taking of omens, and do away with superstitious doubts.
Then, until death itself comes, no calamity need be feared.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

While that applies to real soldiers in a real war situation, it doesn't apply to a video game.

People will not stand and fight, they'll either log off or don't queue for scenarios anymore. Some may try to fight, but the majority wouldn't. And quite frankly why would they let themselves be farmed?