Recent Topics

Ads

Remove kill boards from RoR website

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Allie
Suspended

Re: Remove kill boards from RoR website

Post#11 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:39 am

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:02 am Killboard is nice for checking city/ scenario scoreboards you participated in, making sure scs pop, checking how much AoE/ST damage you do exactly (for the purposes of crest gain) and, possibly most importantly, who is playing in the lakes and SCs currently. With all due respect for the OP who is getting bullied for unimpressive killboard statistics i do think there's a bunch of benefits that outweight ego of those few players concerned about k/d ratio. Also, killboard counts suicides as kills, which makes some death evading strategies impossible.
And let's stop deluding ourselves here, client crashing, zerging, war reporting, ganking and many more existed before killboard and will exist even if its taken down cause they are often indeed the most efficient way to get kills in RoR, whether you like it or not.
i never said i get bullied i could careless what people say when people try & bring up kill boards i just lol @ the memes that they are, its the fact the community use the kill boards as bullets to grief/troll poeple & then the fact people dont want to go out into the lakes or SCs because kill board farmers are trolling the zones or SCs, everything about kill boards is anti RvR it just promotes stacked geared players to grief & gank to up their score at all costs & that cost is at the expense of the community as a whole, the kill boards have only increased the level of toxic behavior so they can look at the website to get a dopamine hit by looking at their score

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:54 am

Delete killboard OR make it only show your guild and your own stats OR have the ability to make your own stats private. ez fix. Now to wait for RoR team to hum and ha about doing anything for a few months.

RoR team needs a project manager.

Lithenir

Post#13 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:56 am

Removing Killboard won't change a single thing.
Ganking and toxic behaviour existed before and will exist after.
And btw there is an Addon called Deathblow which tracks the k/d against the single players... So toxic people can still go "lol u so bad, my 3rd twink ist 22/0 against your main. rofl"

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:00 am

Lithenir wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:56 am Removing Killboard won't change a single thing.
Ganking and toxic behaviour existed before and will exist after.
And btw there is an Addon called Deathblow which tracks the k/d against the single players... So toxic people can still go "lol u so bad, my 3rd twink ist 22/0 against your main. rofl"
While true that's a private matter that most people cannot go and "fact-check" on the website. The problem is killboard allows that shitty behavior to be taken public and made a matter of fact - something you shouldn't really provide ammunition for.

Prevention is the best cure. We should aim to prevent or minimise toxic behavior with the best tools we can. This also means removing the tools to do so.

Haojin

Post#15 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:48 am

People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Caduceus

Post#16 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:53 am

My main issue with the killboard is that it puts DPS players on a pedestal, while the support without which they'd be useless is nowhere to be found.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

shrredhn

Post#17 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:06 am

lemao wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:59 pm Just because your choppa has almost triple the amount of deaths to kills it doesn´t need to get deleted. Improving your gameplay would be an option tho.
Lol there are people right now playing WE that delete after they die once. They are completely useless in almost every sc they join as anything close they'll run away and refuse to fight the rest of the sc.

Everdin

Post#18 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:56 am

After we lost thousands of people when NB was removed due to they all of sudden had some disability with their hands, now we loose thousands of players because of fragile egos based on some glorified excel sheets? Whats next? Stopping players to kill each other because it's toxic?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
ravezaar

Post#19 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:14 am

agree with OP
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:37 am

I like leaderboards, but I find the premade/veteran community basically dont siege non-empty keeps. I think there needs to be more incentive for people to siege than there is currently.