Recent Topics

Ads

Remove or Shorten dungeon lockouts

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
drbaker

Re: Remove or Shorten dungeon lockouts

Post#11 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:11 pm

normanis wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:57 pm i think 18h lock is best, u dont need farm gb 6 times 12 times c/t and 8 times bs. now they are 3/4/4 times with lockout 18hours. u can do gb than c/t than bs and in 5-6 days u are full bloodlord
p.s there is even quests if u fail/luck on loot. gms already favoured us. (on live u done dousen times till u get your piece of gear,after time u dont need it anymore because you already are 80rr)
The point is that its next to impossible to get groups recently. I wouldn't be worried if I hadn't spent 2 days trying to get a group together only for it to fall apart after 2 bosses, then to have to wait another 18 hours before I can even start looking to put together another group.

Ads
zgolec

Post#12 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:33 am

drbaker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:11 pm
normanis wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:57 pm i think 18h lock is best, u dont need farm gb 6 times 12 times c/t and 8 times bs. now they are 3/4/4 times with lockout 18hours. u can do gb than c/t than bs and in 5-6 days u are full bloodlord
p.s there is even quests if u fail/luck on loot. gms already favoured us. (on live u done dousen times till u get your piece of gear,after time u dont need it anymore because you already are 80rr)
The point is that its next to impossible to get groups recently. I wouldn't be worried if I hadn't spent 2 days trying to get a group together only for it to fall apart after 2 bosses, then to have to wait another 18 hours before I can even start looking to put together another group.
Impossible? Last week i finished CnT/BS on my alt on order.
This week i finished BBBE on my alt on destro.

I see /5 lfg GB/BBE/CNT/BS/HV all the time. You might playing different game or not checking on chat at all... :P
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

normanis

Post#13 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:45 am

drbaker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:11 pm
well u can always get dps byt sometime hard to get tank/heal and u need hours in lfg channel. and ppl whant rush all boses in short amount of time. its not gm fault byt players fault. there is guide video for bbbe. about c/t dont know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyItGiiVFss
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:48 am

Those dungeons were made much easier over time. Maybe explain to people before you start the dungeon run to avoid wipes in the first place? You can check gear levels beforehand and gear aside, it's just mistakes, which lead to wipes.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#15 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:35 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:58 pm Talisman crafting materials (one run of Gunbad is like 200g worth of salvaging stuff), purple liniment seeds, gearing up a R40 character to Invader-level gear in one long day of play with full wards unlocked.

The jewelry bosses in Gunbad are already missing lockouts so enterprising people can farm them on demand by (ab)using fresh instances and rotating characters in and out, at least they could the last time I tried it. If anything those bosses - like the giant spider boss, need to be added to the lockout system.

edit: beaten by the person above :D

Ye but you need ppl with multiple account for that, and it still takes ages to get the good stuff (crit reduction gem), being there i know...

Aluviya

Post#16 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm

I am running almost daily PvE with people who are as freaky as me -but let's be honest - there are lot people out there who run either city dungeons or bastion stairs 4 times and I never see their faces again - and I can't blame them.
I think PvE as it is right now, needs way more incentive for people to play but the sentinel talisman - if not even an entire rework towards more endgame gear or a weekly "Aiding quest" allowing you to get a few goodies by helping others getting their gear. Just removing the CD won't help here as there is (read below) not enough incentive overall to repeat dungeons for most of the people playing.
Facts:
You can skip all PvP sets and save all your warcrests for Sovereign set -> probably the justification why a CD might be a thing. All dungeons can be currently done with 1 Tank 4 DPS 1 Healer (in case of DoK and WP with best is SnB option - Book and Chalice are hard to recommend for solo healing).
Sentinel Soulstones are aquireable via PvP - due to this fact a rerun is most people is uninteresting.
For all content below finding (good) tanks is usually the hardest.

Bastion Stairs: kinda grindy, not dropping any (purple) seeds, disregarding some classes such as healers, not providing them with a viable healer set or weapon (which is for most DPS classes a BiS Weapon) and even excepting them to participate in the content as a "healer" is just a recipe for a disaster; solo tanking is possible but requires somewhat good gear and reactionary dps'es; solo healing requires knowledge for some bosses and mechanics.
Crypts and Tunnels: worst dungeon in terms of odd boss mechanics and the need to enter 3 Dungeons in Altdorf is just annoying and unnecessarily time consuming; discluding certain healertypes due to debuffs that can't be cleansed and are annoying (Armor Debuff, CD Debuff, Casttime Debuff etc); solo tanking requires very good gear and knowledge; first timers usually get lost here within the Tunnels, solo healing is possible but requires a lot of skill (SnB is a bad choice here due to Crypts final boss mechanic).
Bilerot Burrow and Bloodwrought Enclave: can be very quickly made, less annoying content, requires some knowledge for fast clearance; discluding certain healertypes due to cleanse type as above but can be still done as mechanics are somewhat forgiving; solo tanking requires barely good gear and little knowledge; any type of healer can soloheal this.
Gunbad: can be very quickly made, is out of all existing dungeons probably one of the least annoying dungeons, solo tanking requires barely good gear or knowledge about bosses as its the classic "tank and spank" experience, drops (purple) seeds but you can't aquire any soul stones here (which gives noone any incentive to run this ever again). any type of healer can soloheal this.
Last edited by Aluviya on Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darks63

Post#17 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:44 pm

geezereur wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:11 pm Wish you could q in for dungeons like scenarios since it is such a pain in the arse to get a group for that atm.
That would be nice i missed that feature from SWToR.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.