Recent Topics

Ads

Remove or Shorten dungeon lockouts

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
drbaker

Remove or Shorten dungeon lockouts

Post#1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:59 pm

Please can we consider removing or shortening dungeon lockouts? I'm not sure if it is related to the falling population, but at the moment I can spend an entire day looking for a certain dungeon and still not get enough people to get a group. I know that cant be helped but it is depressing to then get a group together for it to fall apart at the first wipe, ending up with a lockout that means other people don't want to join your group or don't want you joining their group. I know people will suggest joining a guild, but I am in one of the biggest guilds on the server but outside of prime time there are hardly any people on these days and at prime time everyone wants to be in the warband.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ads
geezereur

Re: Remove or Shorten dungeon lockouts

Post#2 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:11 pm

Wish you could q in for dungeons like scenarios since it is such a pain in the arse to get a group for that atm.

wildwindblows

Post#3 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:24 pm

Already shortened. I was 1 week before :/

Omegus

Post#4 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:30 pm

drbaker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:59 pm Please can we consider removing or shortening dungeon lockouts? I'm not sure if it is related to the falling population, but at the moment I can spend an entire day looking for a certain dungeon and still not get enough people to get a group. I know that cant be helped but it is depressing to then get a group together for it to fall apart at the first wipe, ending up with a lockout that means other people don't want to join your group or don't want you joining their group. I know people will suggest joining a guild, but I am in one of the biggest guilds on the server but outside of prime time there are hardly any people on these days and at prime time everyone wants to be in the warband.

The lockouts got reduced from like 3/4/5 days depending on the dungeon to about 18 hours. Your suggestion to help low-pop just means high-pop can farm dungeons on demand whenever they like.

I'll agree that the current lockout system punishes people who have ended up getting locked out of part of a dungeon as they are usually not wanted in groups until the lockout expires. You would probably have more luck asking for a change to lockout mechanics so they do not penalise the entire group if a couple of people have lockouts (or however it currently works).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

drbaker

Post#5 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:30 pm
drbaker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 1:59 pm Please can we consider removing or shortening dungeon lockouts? I'm not sure if it is related to the falling population, but at the moment I can spend an entire day looking for a certain dungeon and still not get enough people to get a group. I know that cant be helped but it is depressing to then get a group together for it to fall apart at the first wipe, ending up with a lockout that means other people don't want to join your group or don't want you joining their group. I know people will suggest joining a guild, but I am in one of the biggest guilds on the server but outside of prime time there are hardly any people on these days and at prime time everyone wants to be in the warband.

The lockouts got reduced from like 3/4/5 days depending on the dungeon to about 18 hours. Your suggestion to help low-pop just means high-pop can farm dungeons on demand whenever they like.

I'll agree that the current lockout system punishes people who have ended up getting locked out of part of a dungeon as they are usually not wanted in groups until the lockout expires. You would probably have more luck asking for a change to lockout mechanics so they do not penalise the entire group if a couple of people have lockouts (or however it currently works).
What are people farming from dungeons? Honest question. I really don't know, as far as I can see you do dungeons for the gear, which once you have it you don't want duplicates.

lemao

Post#6 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 pm

drbaker wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:47 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:30 pm

What are people farming from dungeons? Honest question. I really don't know, as far as I can see you do dungeons for the gear, which once you have it you don't want duplicates.
They are farming fragments to make talis, to salvage gear and then make talis and sell them or to farm seeds for liniments (i.e. bosses can drop can drop a seed which can produce tough + meele crit liniment).
So basically just to farm gold if you have a crafting profession and obviously to farm the sentinel talis.

Omegus

Post#7 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Talisman crafting materials (one run of Gunbad is like 200g worth of salvaging stuff), purple liniment seeds, gearing up a R40 character to Invader-level gear in one long day of play with full wards unlocked.

The jewelry bosses in Gunbad are already missing lockouts so enterprising people can farm them on demand by (ab)using fresh instances and rotating characters in and out, at least they could the last time I tried it. If anything those bosses - like the giant spider boss, need to be added to the lockout system.

edit: beaten by the person above :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

zgolec

Post#8 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:44 pm

Lol. No.

What would you like? Farm whole set in one day? ;p
Farm heros over and over for seeds which are supossed to be rare?
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
drbaker

Post#9 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:55 pm

So people would be farming gold, just like people do outside of dungeons. Perhaps a bit faster but they need a full group to do it. I'm not sure i see the major problem here.

normanis

Post#10 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:57 pm

i think 18h lock is best, u dont need farm gb 6 times 12 times c/t and 8 times bs. now they are 3/4/4 times with lockout 18hours. u can do gb than c/t than bs and in 5-6 days u are full bloodlord
p.s there is even quests if u fail/luck on loot. gms already favoured us. (on live u done dousen times till u get your piece of gear,after time u dont need it anymore because you already are 80rr)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"