Recent Topics

Ads

Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Let's talk about... everything else
Ekundu01

Re: Triumphant Jewelry - A request to reconsider the cost

Post#101 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:05 pm

Just because someone bought something a higher price doesn't mean the price can't be adjusted to fit the current game changes.

Not so long ago we had all separate currency for all tiers. Prices were adjusted to be lower back before we even had unified currency. A lot of us even had the RR61 SC weapons and multiples of them before the adjustments to prices were put in place and this grind took a lot longer than grinding out the ranked ring. Things change and giving more players access to these items is a good thing.

The 2 piece bonus is not going to make you any better of a player. It isn't going to break the game to lower the cost.

Lowering cost of things has helped even the playing field, players can get geared fairly fast up to Vanq. Even lowering lockouts for pve has opened up more options for players to be able to be in competitive gear much faster.
Trismack

Ads
Duukar

Post#102 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:17 am

You can gain an extra set bonus and in some cases its BiS to use more ranked gear. You expand this advantage over 6X or 24X or more and its a BIG DEAL.

Price reduction to 4k is fair and balanced.

Maliceblades

Post#103 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:42 pm

Tesq wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:18 am Simple answer remove the jewelry. DD are alredy powerfull enough introduce this was a mistake.
Nothing needs to be removed if anything we need more build options the fact it adds variety being able to mix more gear sets is a good thing. I think both ranked sets were great additions to the game and can't wait for more we want more content not less.

valadorn5

Post#104 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:32 am

In my opinion we should have an answer to this thread alongside with the rework of the ranked system which is said to be done soon. I hope that the devs invest on this instead of something else, because ranked is a vital part of the game and much neglected since the beginning.

SuperStar

Post#105 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:00 am

I have to write here.
Gears should be available and reachable for everyone with the possible smallest effort.
The new wards system maybe was the best idea on this private server life. (After ranked maybe)

The warcrest should be account wide, this decision would solve the price problem and courage the ppl to make more alt.

Very important dont delete the replica ring or the set, if you cannot delete it from everywhere.

Other we dont need anybody in ranked who do it for the ring or any other carrot. We need ppl who do it coz they love it.

If the ranked qq will fill ppl who dont give a f. about ranked match and just q for carrot. Then this is the situation what is couse problem toxicity etc. So let everbody get the ring gear.

Grind is not cool at 2022.

Entry threshold should be very low on the rr80 bis.
We need new and retuning players.

Aluviya

Post#106 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:26 pm

I agree that the game has to become more appealing to younger generations or it will die with the nostalgic old veterans. RoR is currently trapped in the mindstate of an oldschool MMO "earning a character step by step" but this system is way too static neither rewarding nor fun.
Specifically the experience that RoR offers atm - when you hit a fresh level 40 after being upscaled in T2/T3. It is simply - even from the POV of a veteran - frustrating when e.g. a WE opens up on your SW (with 6,6k HP) in the backline and you die even in a detaunt. There is undoubtedly a big gap between BiS and a fresh, at best Annhilator geared, RR40 lv l40 character.
Certain things like genesis, warcrests and renown rank should have been account bound prior to this - similar to all modern games where your effort as a player is seen rather then the "character" you spend time on. But all this is just an entire other topic.

In this topic of the Triumphant-Ring - I can't be not emotional - because I earned it on 4 characters the "hard way". I believe reducing its costs undermines all the efforts true ranked players actually had. Ranked kept a part of the community entertained- streams with sweaty fights were - I am pretty sure here- attracting newer and older players back to the game, showing them a way more dynamic, strategic gameplay that this game can offer and creating a lot of funny, meme moments that are even now present. Also - not to forget - people are argumenting here that "you can't earn your way through ranked" which is true as there is no new season due to rework of the ability system but the true problem why you can't earn it the regular way was also the lack of contestants due to the availability of the replica ring, due to the design of ranked, the resulting (problematic) community and the ignorance of all the warnings, suggestions that veterans brought up here to keep it alive. If you'd reduce it's cost even more, it would question the legitimacy of group-/soloranked as this was supposed to be one of the "final rewards" pushing both modes further into the edge of non-existance.
The problem with "content gating" of the Triumphant Ring is in my opinion not the gating behind ranked - if you don't play scenarios or orvr you can't get the corresponding sets either . It is the lack of alternative BIS gear for the endgame and the design choices that were made for ranked overall.
Also PvE-Wise - there are many missed opportunities like HV gear that could have partly filled into the current lack of alternative endgame gear. Instead it was created as a "bridge" making it almost entirely undesireable in the endgame content. Also the weird idea behind warlord vs sov is still a mystery to me - opening up questions like "Why is there a path in every class that has to play with lesser level of items?". I think Warlord and SOV should be the same level of gear - in fact I'd love to see a backstep to Warlord level for all endgame sets right now as there isn't all content released yet. From the current perspective it seems very weird to me that one will be able to gain sets through Lost Vale or TotVl which will most likely have a lesser item level.
There was a lot of effort put into recreating dungeons such as HV and I am sad that they have currently only niche role in the endgame instead of broadening the final gear and build choices. Maybe one should consider creating a "hard mode" for all dungeons that drop sets that are on the same level as warlord or create alternative scenario/orvr sets for the current endgame. This way sets like Triumphant would become potentially desireable rather then obligatory.
Last edited by Aluviya on Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Morradin

Post#107 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:54 pm

Put the triumphant tokens in city bags. See how fast city becomes relevant again. AND now people have a way of getting triumphant gear. Added bonus: you will see a slight uptick in population.

SuperStar

Post#108 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:08 pm

Morradin wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:54 pm Put the triumphant tokens in city bags. See how fast city becomes relevant again. AND now people have a way of getting triumphant gear. Added bonus: you will see a slight uptick in population.
No its a very bad idea.

I dont know how old are you or where did you from.

But "you have to suffer for things"
Its just not 2022
The time is moved away.
Ppl wanna fun and not forced to play any game mode expect what they love.

Do not force ppl what they dont wanna do.

Come on be cool!

Ads
Amdus

Post#109 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:42 pm

Aluviya wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:26 pm I agree that the game has to become more appealing to younger generations or it will die with the nostalgic old veterans. RoR is currently trapped in the mindstate of an oldschool MMO "earning a character step by step" but this system is way too static neither rewarding nor fun.
Specifically the experience that RoR offers atm - when you hit a fresh level 40 after being upscaled in T2/T3. It is simply - even from the POV of a veteran - frustrating when e.g. a WE opens up on your SW (with 6,6k HP) in the backline and you die even in a detaunt. There is undoubtedly a big gap between BiS and a fresh, at best Annhilator geared, RR40 lv l40 character.
Certain things like genesis, warcrests and renown rank should have been account bound prior to this - similar to all modern games where your effort as a player is seen rather then the "character" you spend time on. But all this is just an entire other topic.

In this topic of the Triumphant-Ring - I can't be not emotional - because I earned it on 4 characters the "hard way". I believe reducing its costs undermines all the efforts true ranked players actually had. Ranked kept a part of the community entertained- streams with sweaty fights were - I am pretty sure here- attracting newer and older players back to the game, showing them a way more dynamic, strategic gameplay that this game can offer and creating a lot of funny, meme moments that are even now present. Also - not to forget - people are argumenting here that "you can't earn your way through ranked" which is true as there is no new season due to rework of the ability system but the true problem why you can't earn it the regular way was also the lack of contestants due to the availability of the replica ring, due to the design of ranked, the resulting (problematic) community and the ignorance of all the warnings, suggestions that veterans brought up here to keep it alive. If you'd reduce it's cost even more, it would question the legitimacy of group-/soloranked as this was supposed to be one of the "final rewards" pushing both modes further into the edge of non-existance.
The problem with "content gating" of the Triumphant Ring is in my opinion not the gating behind ranked - if you don't play scenarios or orvr you can't get the corresponding sets either . It is the lack of alternative BIS gear for the endgame and the design choices that were made for ranked overall.
Also PvE-Wise - there are many missed opportunities like HV gear that could have partly filled into the current lack of alternative endgame gear. Instead it was created as a "bridge" making it almost entirely undesireable in the endgame content. Also the weird idea behind warlord vs sov is still a mystery to me - opening up questions like "Why is there a path in every class that has to play with lesser level of items?". I think Warlord and SOV should be the same level of gear - in fact I'd love to see a backstep to Warlord level for all endgame sets right now as there isn't all content released yet. From the current perspective it seems very weird to me that one will be able to gain sets through Lost Vale or TotVl which will most likely have a lesser item level.
There was a lot of effort put into recreating dungeons such as HV and I am sad that they have currently only niche role in the endgame instead of broadening the final gear and build choices. Maybe one should consider creating a "hard mode" for all dungeons that drop sets that are on the same level as warlord or create alternative scenario/orvr sets for the current endgame. This way sets like Triumphant would become potentially desireable rather then obligatory.

Hard to disagree. I mentioned it somewhere else that sets need a rework, especially the ones that are archetype based instead of class based, which would be okay from a world drop but it shouldn't be like that for end game gear. In example, why does warlord give armor penetration to chosen and SM when they both deal spiritual damage that ignores armor? this is just one of many examples out there. Also, there are many ways to save ranked and make it active again. These sort of "competitive" gamestyles are very attractive to young people.

Atropik

Post#110 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:37 pm

SuperStar wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:08 pm Come on be cool!
You sound like the one pretty much obsessed with the gear for all of his toons as soon as possible, not as the one who "loves the game", definitely not.

I loved this game once, still have enough currency to by like 5 pieces for each of my 3 toons, and I quit like 2 years ago.
Nicelook | Obey