Recent Topics

Ads

new player looking for a pug class

Let's talk about... everything else
atangvels

new player looking for a pug class

Post#1 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:54 am

hello i was looking for advice on picking a class that is good for solo/small scale. i dont have any friends that play this game, so what class would you advise? bonus if its a ranged class, because i dont want to get kited to death. null xender
Last edited by atangvels on Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Cyrylius

Re: new player looking for a pug class

Post#2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:37 am

I think only squig herder is a ranged small-scale class that has solo capabilities. Other than that shaman and am, though you'll have to heal on both (probably).
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sofong

Post#3 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:44 am

any rdps.

Ruin

Post#4 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:51 am

So for order side, it could be AM, WL, BW, or a tank(Knight might be an exeption). for Destro SH, Shammy, Magus, Sorc, and also tanks.

The criteria where classes that are PUG Wb friendly and welcome, that also can solo or small scale.

Asderas27

Post#5 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:17 am

atangvels wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:54 am hello i was looking for advice on picking a class that is good for solo/small scale. i dont have any friends that play this game, so what class would you advise? bonus if its a ranged class, because i dont want to get kited to death.
Make friends in game :) plenty of groups and guilds to join.
Dps Shaman/AM is your best bet for your question.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

nocturnalguest

Post#6 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:25 am

atangvels wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:54 am hello i was looking for advice on picking a class that is good for solo/small scale. i dont have any friends that play this game, so what class would you advise? bonus if its a ranged class, because i dont want to get kited to death.
Need more info on what you are willing to do. Solo roam in orvr and play pug SCs solo? Join pug warbands? What archetype do you prefer (tank, dps, heal)?
Simple breakdown assuming you want to solo roam and play pug SCs solo is the following:
engi/magi - need good skills and in-depth game knowledge, not noob friendly. very few people play them to their full potential
SH/SW - SH fits your request ideally pretty straight&forward you'd need to learn basic kiting and be fine. SW is considered as in a bad state, few very skilled individuals force it to work in solo, class is ok starting from invader/bloodlord in small scale
DPS AM/Sham - pretty noob friendly, highly efficient. you'd be forced to play healer in many game modes to grind your gear tho
Tanks - each of them are fitting good for solo/small scale, each has selfsustain specs and doing fine in 1vX situations. IB&Chosen are generally used for solo roaming but any of them can work while kotbs being baddest for solo roam, but great in small scale.
MDPS - WL/mara, WE/WH are totally fine for solo/small scale. WE has deftard spec with just dominator gear (so you can start being efficient very early), rest are more gear dependant (WH being 2nd best and be fine in vanq). Slayer/choppa can spec for solo roaming only in toptier gear and at 80rr, before that they are not capable of solo roaming, but they both are great DPS for their realms with slayer being toptier order DPS (once its properly geared tho) and in high demand for organised play (assuming player is skilled enough of course). I consider its easier for choppa to play solo while roaming and pugging SCs solo.
BW/Sorc - has been proven that its possible to solo roam on those classes, however its pretty tricky and requires high skills. Not noob friendly. Very dependent on group composition for small scale.
Healers - RP/Zeal are lacking in their solo dps specs, WP/DoK as dps are better, but still lacking. dps DoK being better of those and the only class worth trying for beginners in solo/small scale. Their healing specs are mandatory in small scale.

So SH, dps AM/sham, WE (watch videos, search forum for deftard build, understand it before you start, search forum for other builds that are gear dependant, find if it suits you) are your priority picks. Try them out first.

Akalukz

Post#7 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:37 pm

what play times? there are many people of different playstyles that are always looking to add a friend or two.
-= Agony =-

Phantasm

Post#8 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:25 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:17 am
Make friends in game :) plenty of groups and guilds to join.
Dps Shaman/AM is your best bet for your question.
Dps Shammy/AM can be pretty big red flag tho :)

But seriously, try out classes you think u will like up to rank 20-30, then decide and try to join with it some guilds. Make new friends while enjoying playing class you like.

Ads
SuperStar

Post#9 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Shammy AM Magus Engi SW SH in this order imo

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:01 pm

A lot of people are answering the small scale question so I'll just note that based on the title "looking for a pug class" then the best thing you can roll is a healer or a tank.

Why? Because every PUG already has a ton of bad DPS and they need heals or tanks to stabilize them.

You will never be looking for a group as either of those roles. They will be looking for you.