Recent Topics

Ads

Double XP

Let's talk about... everything else
Tyrodan

Re: Double XP

Post#11 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:57 am

joroth wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:34 pm It honestly breaks my heart i see this so much. This is such a bad red flag. The fresh 40 experience is so bad people want to avoid it at all costs. The rest of the games pacing feels nice but 45-58 needs to be re looked at.
Writing here just to stress this point. I'm in the same boat as OP. Decided on Wed last week, that I wanted to level a new toon, but refuse to do it during double XP. Waiting since then for the devs to remove the bonus from the game. The problem is simply that you have no chance of gathering enough crests during double xp times, so you end up not buying any renown level gear in order to be able to afford at least Conq or you buy level gear and end up with Annihilator.

The entire situation gets even worse when you take into account that rested-XP and the double-XP from the event stack multiplicatively. If you can only play during the evening and maybe not even each day of the week you are basically drowning in 4x XP.

Would love to see the rested-XP mechanic get a rework as it has become detrimental at this point. I'd rather have a rested renown mechanic. If you make it cap after like two days it would also encourage players to play more consistently in order to maximise their renown gains.

Ads
Everdin

Post#12 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 am

Tyrodan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:57 am
joroth wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:34 pm It honestly breaks my heart i see this so much. This is such a bad red flag. The fresh 40 experience is so bad people want to avoid it at all costs. The rest of the games pacing feels nice but 45-58 needs to be re looked at.
Writing here just to stress this point. I'm in the same boat as OP. Decided on Wed last week, that I wanted to level a new toon, but refuse to do it during double XP. Waiting since then for the devs to remove the bonus from the game. The problem is simply that you have no chance of gathering enough crests during double xp times, so you end up not buying any renown level gear in order to be able to afford at least Conq or you buy level gear and end up with Annihilator.

The entire situation gets even worse when you take into account that rested-XP and the double-XP from the event stack multiplicatively. If you can only play during the evening and maybe not even each day of the week you are basically drowning in 4x XP.

Would love to see the rested-XP mechanic get a rework as it has become detrimental at this point. I'd rather have a rested renown mechanic. If you make it cap after like two days it would also encourage players to play more consistently in order to maximise their renown gains.
Play T1, buy t1 gear -> t2, go sacellum, t3 public quest gear -> ~35 go for ruin -> 40 Redeye, Sentinel, Bloodlord

If you want you can also skip t1 with pq gear, I think this would take to much time for a short period to wear it.

You can save all the crests from the beginning for souvereign without giving up to much (bloodlord maybe not good for healers, just grab it for the ward and use vale-walker
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Tyrodan

Post#13 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:23 am

Everdin wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 am Play T1, buy t1 gear -> t2, go sacellum, t3 public quest gear -> ~35 go for ruin -> 40 Redeye, Sentinel, Bloodlord

If you want you can also skip t1 with pq gear, I think this would take to much time for a short period to wear it.

You can save all the crests from the beginning for souvereign without giving up to much (bloodlord maybe not good for healers, just grab it for the ward and use vale-walker
Appreciate the input, but it's not that easy after hitting 40. My last toon was a wh and hit 40 about two months ago. I managed to get a group for CnT exactly once. No BS at all. I've had groups that waited for a tank for about 2 hours before breaking apart. Finding a group for a pve instance as a dd on order is nigh impossible. Unfortunately my next toon is also supposed to be a dd, as I've played my fair share of support classes already.

nocturnalguest

Post#14 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:39 am

Tyrodan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:23 am
Everdin wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:40 am Play T1, buy t1 gear -> t2, go sacellum, t3 public quest gear -> ~35 go for ruin -> 40 Redeye, Sentinel, Bloodlord

Appreciate the input, but it's not that easy after hitting 40. My last toon was a wh and hit 40 about two months ago. I managed to get a group for CnT exactly once. No BS at all. I've had groups that waited for a tank for about 2 hours before breaking apart. Finding a group for a pve instance as a dd on order is nigh impossible. Unfortunately my next toon is also supposed to be a dd, as I've played my fair share of support classes already.
And what exactly is hindering you to organize a group yourself, especially beforehand in discord? Not like you need a guild for that or something, also a lot of people are looking for something in /5 during each timezone (however its highly unlikely that group needs a DPS, thats true)

Tyrodan

Post#15 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 am

nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:39 am And what exactly is hindering you to organize a group yourself, especially beforehand in discord? Not like you need a guild for that or something, also a lot of people are looking for something in /5 during each timezone (however its highly unlikely that group needs a DPS, thats true)
My bad, if it didn't get clear from my post: I've formed some groups by myself and asked in /5 but it usually failed because of no tank or only one but he refused to tank alone. I've also experienced that it's a lot easier on destro side. Never had any issues there with my shaman, even if I'd applied for a dd slot.

Could go the discord route that's true, but honestly: I want to play this game, not apply to be a project manager. If it's that much trouble to find a PvE-group I'd rather take the PvP route and for that XP is simply detrimental. There's a reason people used anti-XP-scrolls like crazy when leveling. Hope I've brought my point across.

Repulsion

Post#16 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:24 am

Tyrodan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:59 am
nocturnalguest wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:39 am And what exactly is hindering you to organize a group yourself, especially beforehand in discord? Not like you need a guild for that or something, also a lot of people are looking for something in /5 during each timezone (however its highly unlikely that group needs a DPS, thats true)
My bad, if it didn't get clear from my post: I've formed some groups by myself and asked in /5 but it usually failed because of no tank or only one but he refused to tank alone. I've also experienced that it's a lot easier on destro side. Never had any issues there with my shaman, even if I'd applied for a dd slot.

Could go the discord route that's true, but honestly: I want to play this game, not apply to be a project manager. If it's that much trouble to find a PvE-group I'd rather take the PvP route and for that XP is simply detrimental. There's a reason people used anti-XP-scrolls like crazy when leveling. Hope I've brought my point across.
Regarding dungeons and creating groups on order side as a DD, I can attest to what you said - verbatim.
Groups just fall apart as the chances of getting a 2nd tank are very low. I'm at the point where I need one last BS run and I'm itching to say f#!k it and buy the most expensive Invader piece to get the ward and get my warlord gear.

Been playing Destro the last couple of days and the difference is night and day. Much more PUG and PvE friendly.
Actually, scrap that, much friendlier in general these days.

On topic: rested RR for sub 40s would be cool.
Of course it wouldn't help much when it comes to nolifing an alt to 40. Maybe it could accumulate faster? Don't know; what is certain is that if you want to ONLY PvP (I personally love to PvE a bit with a new toon, you make friends that way) you are going to have a difficult time with the wards and whatnot.

It's exacerbated with how meaningless Invader is for some classes.