Recent Topics

Ads

The game was more fun 2 years ago

Let's talk about... everything else
CountTalabecland

Re: The game was more fun 2 years ago

Post#21 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:49 am

I disagree with the OP entirely.

The currency changes are a massive breath of fresh air into the game and game modes that didn't see the light of day for years once cities were released.

Also the de facto removal of cities from relevance is a step in the right direction to making the campaign more important in the lakes. However, I do think something needs to be added to cities to push the campaign along to the "end game."
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
jbrutal

Post#22 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:06 am

Yes 2 years ago was best imo as well. but nerfbuttons removal was the best thing they ever did after years of people complaining about it they finally removed it .The removal of orvr incentive 'push for city' is the worse change imo. Now it seems everyone's is getting free gear from xrealming for the most gains be it small 6man ganking solos with max aao to zergs getting free keeps. Its just a grind fest now and doing pve while grinding months for sov gear leaves you with dps tanks and heals wearing bloodlord. Also lotd was a huge let down small tweaks and landscape change can make it 10x better.

imo cities were the end-game if the queue system was pugs vs pugs and rank guilds vs guilds i think alot more players would have incentive to play. Also big mistake change is barely giving the losing side anything you spend 30mins in a fort and get **** lol and last thing i think the games just old alot players on 3rd sov alt

Lawmay

Post#23 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:12 am

Emissary wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:43 am People got what they wanted. They said, you don't like what we did, than leave. And here we are, living the 200 vs 100 dream.
The sad part is this board is full of people who refuse to acknowledge this truth.

Bassywassy28

Post#24 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:27 am

The discussion itself and who's right and wrong doesnt matter. Right now I'm sieging another empty destro keep. Regardless of wether changes are good or bad, the current ingame statistics are the result.

I've nothing good to say about destro atm, I can predict their movements by mind:
- Blobbing rolling over everything non stop until they lose once or twice.
- Camp keep or warcamp
- When order gets to keep they do whatever hopefully gets them a few crests, some oil funnel or something, and some jumps.
- If they're losing they war report to camp, stay there or go to some BO for a last fight hoping to catch a smaller order group.
- Next zone rinse and repeat.

It's ruining the game however. I love how people blame the system and not their own behaviour for this cheap way of playing however? I just see a cheap way of gameplay and a weak mindset that is now backed up by the ingame system since the patch. There's something wrong with you if objectives are what you care more about than actual fights.

To add: Since you don't need actual keeps anymore on your char, joining the winning side gets more rewarded than ever. You can simply log the other side to get a keep tick. I'm sure a lot of people think 'why try', when they can take the easy road and get actual rewards.

Just spoke to someone who said the patch was made to cover those playing in downtime, but you can clearly see what its done to primetime, or at least what it has induldged in people. Now people don't actively try anything in prime-time anymore either. And a very important thing to consider... EVERY game has a primetime and a downtime, to make a patch to try and influence both may have not been the best thing.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:55 am

space44 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:24 am
ravezaar wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:06 pm nah 2years ago we had NB so I say it was worse
2 years ago were your logging on everyday dreading that someone is using a advantage over you. doubt
NB now is a real advantage....not when was available for everyone...

Dajciekrwi

Post#26 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:30 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:17 pm City was meaby fun for premades vs pug. For pug dont think so. Just bigger sc, and sc/city farming. Big org guilds long time ago have best sets on mains and alts so only reward is pug farming, but how long U can make this and not get bored ?
Yep City was a pugslaughterhouse, the loss was obvious in 5 first minutes in 90% of cities:)

CyunUnderis

Post#27 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:33 pm

Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm -RVR. Before, the RVR had one objective, to win the campaign and force the siege of the enemy city. Now the main goal of the RVR is to get the weekly event, get the rewards to equip the character and get as many War Crests as you can by following the zerg. Even the WBs leaders comment on the forums that they don't siege, that they only do RVR for zerging and killing, not wanting to fulfill the objective of RVR, WIN THE CAMPAIGN. Of course we cannot ignore how there are no more sieges unless the attacker has +60% AAO, to avoid that if the enemy defends and then they are the ones who get a bag and you do not.
A lot of WBs leaders were just roaming even before the change to War Crests.
About the new city system, the initial idea was to unlock them after a certain amount of Realm Point (let's for example say 25 points), that each realm wins after taking/defending a fortress/keep or lock a zone.
When one of the two realm has accumulated enough points, the day after, the city is open, during a prime time (8 pm, 10pm, 3 am, 5am).

With this change, the campaign will take more sense.
Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm -Scenarios. Scenarios used to be a fun way to pass the time. Now, thanks to the monthly killboard, and a series of players whose main purpose is to appear in the "top killer", they annihilate pug players or non-hardcore premade players. Just by entering some scenarios and seeing some players (mainly sorcs), they make some players go directly out of the SC, because these players are not even trying to win the SC, they only play it to get on the "Top killer" of the kill board. So, the base players avoid to queue in SCs and new players leave the game.
Go in PUG SC or build a premade to face them. As always.
Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm City Sieges: The best content in the game is ruined now. Before, people were motivated to play city because it was the only possible place to get the Royal Crest to equip the sovereign / warlord. Players were aware of the state of the campaign to be able to play them, making it so that even when you were not playing, you were aware of the game. Now, you can see how few people play them, since 95% are unopposed farming. Many of the big guilds/alliances don't even try to play city anymore, even though they know the exact time it will happen. When you had to play city to equip the sovereign, the games were more balanced and the content much more fun.
Maybe it's time for the big guild/alliance to build stronger team (or a least a team) for cities instead of doing nothing in RvR ? When I see on some Discord guilds, that it's better for them to do RvE because they will win more War Crest instead of cities and maybe have a good fight (or a bad one, it happens, but if you don't try you will never get better) and win the same amount, if it is not more (even if you lose), I think we don't play the game the same way : doing PvP (and not gear a character and another one...).
Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm Ranked: The most hard-core content in the game, where you had to work very hard to get an exceptional gear. Now even casual (and not very good) players like me can equip this gear without much effort. This will finish killing the ranked, since they will lose a percentage of players from this already small community of the game, making the games much more difficult to start.
You can still build a team and play group ranked. It will still be hard to get an exceptional gear, so go for it.

Right now, the game is different from 2 years ago : you have more option. You can do only SC and be BiS. So it means if you want to play the game the way you like, you can do it.

Panzer80

Post#28 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:49 pm

No more, or less fun than now, but the game has been improved since then. Population, and player quality ebbed and flow regardless of the game mechanics. The biggest issue is not adjusting class balance regularly enough.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 83, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads
penagos22

Post#29 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 pm

Kpi wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:02 pm -Scenarios. Scenarios used to be a fun way to pass the time. Now, thanks to the monthly killboard, and a series of players whose main purpose is to appear in the "top killer", they annihilate pug players or non-hardcore premade players. Just by entering some scenarios and seeing some players (mainly sorcs), they make some players go directly out of the SC, because these players are not even trying to win the SC, they only play it to get on the "Top killer" of the kill board. So, the base players avoid to queue in SCs and new players leave the game.
Go in PUG SC or build a premade to face them. As always.

another one who doesn't read, if you play as a pug you don't play because you don't leave your WC and if you do one you don't play either because you don't let them leave their WC, is it so difficult to understand?
I mean it is so difficult to understand that the egofarmers premades are killing the sc, they are systematically organizing to farm pugs to rank on the killboard without even worrying about doing the sc objectives, and if you make a premade you don't let them leave their warcamp because their classes only serve to farm disorganized people, I don't know about you but I enjoy the game more when the fight is close and I don't mind losing as long as I have fun, but honestly every time I go to "play" I only find frustration

Sulorie

Post#30 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:22 pm

penagos22 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 pm
another one who doesn't read, if you play as a pug you don't play because you don't leave your WC and if you do one you don't play either because you don't let them leave their WC, is it so difficult to understand?
I mean it is so difficult to understand that the egofarmers premades are killing the sc, they are systematically organizing to farm pugs to rank on the killboard without even worrying about doing the sc objectives, and if you make a premade you don't let them leave their warcamp because their classes only serve to farm disorganized people, I don't know about you but I enjoy the game more when the fight is close and I don't mind losing as long as I have fun, but honestly every time I go to "play" I only find frustration
May you think less about "egofarmers" and more about how you can enhance your chances to win sc?
One side doesn't lose because the enemy got a premade.
They lose because they make mistakes.
Dying is no option.