Recent Topics

Ads

Any ideas to bring back players?

Let's talk about... everything else
Archimediss

Re: Any ideas to bring back players?

Post#261 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:36 pm

From what i read above and previous it seems mostly order players want nerf buittons back , i can only wonder why is it the misuse of these addons that they want or is it the lack of skills they seem to suffer from .Two years + of order zergs have killed off your gameplay . Now i don't mean to insult anyone can only speak of observation .When i run into a solo player he either runs away , cries for help from his friends or dies . and no im not super powered . I can say this much if the game was ever balanced as you call it order will leave the game . Mirror the classes then maybe we can get rid of the zerg as well

Ads
anstalt

Post#262 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:42 pm

I'm curious, what exactly is nerfed buttons and how did it work? and how does it's removal negatively affect players?

Is it just an alternative to proper keybinds? Or is it like a macro type thing?

jbrutal

Post#263 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:31 pm

anstalt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:42 pm I'm curious, what exactly is nerfed buttons and how did it work? and how does it's removal negatively affect players?

i think its an addon that lets you do full rotations with 1 button loooooooooooool

Emissary
Community Management

Post#264 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:20 pm

Archimediss wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:36 pm From what i read above and previous it seems mostly order players want nerf buittons back , i can only wonder why is it the misuse of these addons that they want or is it the lack of skills they seem to suffer from .Two years + of order zergs have killed off your gameplay . Now i don't mean to insult anyone can only speak of observation .When i run into a solo player he either runs away , cries for help from his friends or dies . and no im not super powered . I can say this much if the game was ever balanced as you call it order will leave the game . Mirror the classes then maybe we can get rid of the zerg as well
The normal keyboard warrior "get gud/ lack of skills(lol)' spam, I play destro so order is the whiners. Play both sides their are pluses and minuses for both just have to learn to deal with it. "get gud" in a not real world game, what skills are you looking for? Able to eat doritos and hit buttons on a keyboard at a specific time and when this pretty flash comes across their screen they hit another button? That will get your next promotion at work, Resume states, "I is gud at hitting fake people with my fingers". The people that post that make me crazy, you literally have to get into a game "GAME" from 2008 to make your ego bigger? "I killed some pixels on a screen, I am so important now" sad world we live in. I play for the calm from my day to day life of always grinding to be better and grow, in real life. If I had to get on my keyboard to type how others need to "get gud" I would re-evaluate things.

Don't get me wrong I am as competitive as the next guy, in the gym, at work, on the court, and in the game too but its the least of my worries in this life.

NA times need help desperately before this game goes down the drain for all of us in my time zone. I know this is a European server and the time zone I am in matters zero, but we need real help just lost 5 friends in the past week from NA time that say they are done and it isn't looking any better for a lot of the others I know. Boost the renown like I have talked about the lower the server pop is to try and help us that are roaming 24 vs 48 to give us something to login for. I know the LOTD BUFF/Debuff thing really doesn't work but why can't we at least try to implement a working version of it in the open lakes?
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Phantasm

Post#265 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:50 pm

anstalt wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:42 pm I'm curious, what exactly is nerfed buttons and how did it work? and how does it's removal negatively affect players?

Its an addon that existed for very, very long time and ppl get used to use it or not. Besically it let you queue up skills under one button with every skill being used on certain conditions they met. And that was the issue. Conditions. Normally when u press buttons you make quick decisions what to press when to achieve what u want. With NB you could prepare that queue and use it without decision making. Imagine perfect timing on immunities, never wasted skills with posistion required, always optimal use of every skill. It was an addon that played for you. That made ppl who learnt game angry over time.

Metalbones

Post#266 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:54 am

WAAAAAAGH!!!

Scottx125

Post#267 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 am

I think the ultimate point here, to why people are leaving. Is that the devs make the game the way they want it. Not how the majority of the community want it. And to a certain extent it's within their right to do so as it's a closed source project. But that leads to an incredible amount of frustration in the player base. Especially when things are developed (like ranked) which the majority of the population frankly don't give a damn about. That frustration combined with controversial changes leads to small groups of people to quit. And over time that issue compounds until you get an ever dwindling player base as we currently see occurring. At best RoR is stagnant. And that's never good for an MMO, even a free private one. At worst we've got a net loss of players.

What do I think would be the best way to get players back? Developers shifting their focus to make the community more involved in the future development of RoR in a more transparent way (And maybe increasing the team size, yes I know people tried to steal code in the past but because of that paranoia the project is suffering terribly.. you've just gotta accept that it's a risk and push forward, locking everything down to a select few is imo doing more harm than good). Do quarterly or yearly polls (depending on how long it takes to develop a feature) that decide the focus of what the devs should do based on community polls. And then every sprint period or quarter of that development cycle, give the community some information on what's going on behind the scenes to achieve what they voted for.

A system I would like to see is one similar to that of classic runescape. Players get to vote on what is developed or added to the game. If there's controversy about a feature or decision that was done, a poll is put up and people are allowed to decide if it should be removed, kept or modified.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Foxplay

Post#268 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:07 am

Scottx125 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:44 am I think the ultimate point here, to why people are leaving. Is that the devs make the game the way they want it. Not how the majority of the community want it. And to a certain extent it's within their right to do so as it's a closed source project.
They are fully within their right to do so.

And they can enjoy a dead server with little to no community because of it

Ads
arxcaeli

Post#269 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:20 am

First of all thanks all the devs and community who gave 2nd life to this game, it was a lot of fun!

Things that will help me to come back to this game again:
1) Class rebalance. Make big rebalance once a half a year. Remove half of the skills if needed. There is no need for 4 dots on AM, infinite number of mate buffs on IB etc. But keep character identity. Would be nice to try specs, see new meta. There will be winners and losers, but it is better than stale meta.
2) Make game more fun for solo players. I can play 1hr a day, few hours a week, not more, so i don't have time to search for new groups etc. You know your player base - it's way older than player base for other games.
3) Make high level gear less powerful. Probably some minor stats increase or open possibility for new builds or cosmetics. 75+rr players who getting sov, have much better advantage than gear - knowledge of the game.

I have 2chars in Sov gear. It is not fun to play them because of same spec, same mechanics.
I don't want to start new chars because you have way less impact until you reach certain threshold. Wrong balance of time spent and fun you getting.

It is a lot of work, but doable, no need to make new assets, just balancing. However I understand that this is a lot of work and we don't have a big team. But I will definitely log in after good rebalance!

anstalt

Post#270 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:42 pm

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:50 pm

Its an addon that existed for very, very long time and ppl get used to use it or not. Besically it let you queue up skills under one button with every skill being used on certain conditions they met. And that was the issue. Conditions. Normally when u press buttons you make quick decisions what to press when to achieve what u want. With NB you could prepare that queue and use it without decision making. Imagine perfect timing on immunities, never wasted skills with posistion required, always optimal use of every skill. It was an addon that played for you. That made ppl who learnt game angry over time.
Cool, thanks very much for the detailed description, sounds like a useful addon. Not something I'd ever use personally, both because it sounds like cheating and I don't really see the point of using something that will play the game for you.

But, I can see that if you were used to such a thing, having it removed would be a real pain, it would change your experience a lot. I guess I'm more surprised by the amount of people in this thread complaining about its removal!