Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding Global Cooldowns

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: Regarding Global Cooldowns

Post#71 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:25 pm

ritual wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:03 pm please remind me why we need any gdc changes at all?
Seems the gist is early on in development, they could only make changes server-side, so they did to skills/gcd/ap etc to make the game function. BUT Now that they can make changes to the client? So they have to make changes in 2 places (server & Client), so they are reverting "server" changes back to be able to only make one set of "new changes" that will be in sync with both the client and the server. or some such....
-= Agony =-

Ads
nat3s

Post#72 » Tue May 24, 2022 7:36 pm

geezereur wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:55 pm
nat3s wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:12 pm
Cabum wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:28 am Should abilities that drain AP be adjusted? Feels like those abilities have a much bigger impact now, that AP regen has slow down.

Made the same point earlier in the thread. My AM and Sham are even more god mode than they were before as the AP drain means they suffer much less with AP issues, whilst anyone I fight is going to be AP starved far more. I think AP drain needs removing OR make it so it ends detaunt like a dot. At present detaunt > AP Drain > Hot / Puddle / Kite > Win is REALLY cheesy. The only reason some AM/Sham still die - looking at you Zarbix - is because they just go full dps with dots straight off, without understanding the power of detaunt > AP drain.

I cannot lose a 1v1 on either class when hybrid / dual hot spec'd. That can't be right or healthy, the server was infested with them enough without giving them an inadvertent buff. It does feel cool to AP drain people though... But so punishing on just about every other class to be locked down so hard.
Playing only my dps AM until they revert gcd changes :twisted:

Hah you and me both!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

ItsWotop

Post#73 » Tue May 24, 2022 8:45 pm

penpenagos wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:12 pm It's not worth reading the comments, most of them are from people who are stuck and used to playing in a permanent abuse of mechanics.

thank you very much max and the team!!!

I agree with this. I play pretty much every evening on a couple different types of characters and to be honest when the patch released I logged on all of them to see if I could notice any difference, and the only one was on my BO had a little bit of AP issues which just meant I couldn't spam all my buttons which is probably a good thing. I started to read all the comments and how upset some people were getting but in reality in a game like this in Alpha stage with the limited development team that works on the game. I think its a good thing to push patches like this especially if they have later goals in mind and this needs to be implemented so they can continue to work on those goals. It not only gives them time to fix any issues with the patch which of course people will say o why didn't they do that prior, well I bet there is only so much testing they can do, and the best way is probably just to ship it and then fine tune it from there. But it sounds like it is all part of a bigger picture to work towards better things in the future so no one should be complaining. The only thing I can think of is a patch like this messed with some of the players who still use NB or some sort of ability sequencer since they cant manage to press the buttons properly themselves they need a mod to do it, and I am sure the GCD screwed that all up which also makes me happy because no one should have an advantage over anyone else because they have a mod installed that presses buttons for them. Anyways I hope not too many people get upset with me, and as always love the game, love the developers, love my destro homies, please fix dps zealot <3

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#74 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:18 pm

TikiiTorch wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:05 pm
GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 pm I don't get it, you're asking for more transparency and the first thing you do when you read one is assume that this is the "grand solution" as a mockery. No this isn't the grand solution.
Then you aren't being transparent. You have only said "This is what we are doing to fix the AP issue", not "This is the first thing we are doing to help the AP issue, and we are looking into it more."

Being transparent means not being obscure. It also means being forthcoming with information (not necessarily intimate details). If you knew more was coming down the pipeline, just not ready yet, why not say that?

This is a prime example of the terrible communication that is stoking the embers of technical changes into the bonfire of community outrage.
Thank you for explaining what being transparent means, but there's nothing tangible on the horizon now except this change, so I cannot share anything yet. If you want to use quotations, make sure you actually quote what was said; None of your quoted messages were said. You can scroll back and read what I originally have written.

I never mentioned that it's the sole adjustment, nor did the statement, you just assumed it even though we said these will come in the long run and a day later is obviously not 'long run'. This is the current info that I have in hand, when there's something else in the future, you'll know.

anarchypark

Post#75 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:44 pm

no more 1.1s Agonising Wound/Torment spam, isn't it great ?
TTK is increased a little bit, more time to enjoy battle, great.
as high ping player everything looks better.

from this ground values new balance can be built. 1m ttk and morale bomb etc.
2/3 of roles are tank/heal. dps is only 1/3.
while all dps complaining you need to see others too.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

BluIzLucky

Post#76 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:05 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm New "Battlefield Master" and "Advanced Battlefield Master" buffs, which were originally on Live. These buffs give +25 AP pool each and will be active for all characters at CR40 RR50 & CR40 RR60.
Won't this just increase the power gap of +60 vs those below?
50 AP according to builder is worth 45 renown points.

Why not just give 50 AP to everyone or everyone cl16+?

While I think your solution will alleviate some of the AP issues, I suggest that for each GCD used builds 0.2-0.3 secs towards next AP tick, this would mimic how it was before.

Either way, I don't really mind how it is right now, gives more value to AP pumps.

And many thanks for letting us know what you are planning on implementing, it gives those of us who are not in focus groups (or Gravord :lol: :roll: ) a chance to give input on specifics of hot topics, I appreciate it's not always fruitful/worth it, but once in a while is nice.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#77 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:18 am

Maphyr wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:10 pm
Every MMO before WoW had zero GCD, the system was non-existent. WoW was the the first to introduce such non-sense.
Well....yes and no...

Only played DAOC as pre-wow mmo => well daoc had no GCD buuuut the melee attacks wasnt instant, there was a delay based on your attack speed (same as autoattack in aor/ror). Using a GCD is a different way to manage abilities (as melee attacks) that doent have a casting time. OFC in daoc you can use instant abiities at same time, and while casting another spells.

nailinthehead

Post#78 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:28 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm It's also good to note that the upcoming patch will envelop the below boost for AP:

New "Battlefield Master" and "Advanced Battlefield Master" buffs, which were originally on Live. These buffs give +25 AP pool each and will be active for all characters at CR40 RR50 & CR40 RR60.
As already mentioned - very bad idea. It unnecessarily increases the power gap. Higher RR already means more AP regen from gear and access to renown pool increase. Levelling is painful enough already.

Ads
Kpi

Post#79 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am

nailinthehead wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:28 am
GamesBond wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm It's also good to note that the upcoming patch will envelop the below boost for AP:

New "Battlefield Master" and "Advanced Battlefield Master" buffs, which were originally on Live. These buffs give +25 AP pool each and will be active for all characters at CR40 RR50 & CR40 RR60.
As already mentioned - very bad idea. It unnecessarily increases the power gap. Higher RR already means more AP regen from gear and access to renown pool increase. Levelling is painful enough already.
The High levels must have more advantages over the low ranks... I think RR80, 90 and 100 must heve better buffs, it is not easy reach this High RR and there are not any advantage in reach this
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Sulorie

Post#80 » Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 am

Kpi wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:32 am ...it is not easy reach this High RR and there are not any advantage in reach this
...and this is good. No need to gain more power.
Dying is no option.