Recent Topics

Ads

An Attempt of an Objective Look at Scenario Balance in RoR

Let's talk about... everything else
Cultist

Re: An Attempt of an Objective Look at Scenario Balance in RoR

Post#31 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:49 pm

Hey there,

I've slighly modified your code to exclude SCs and focus on RvR. The problem I see there is more than 2 millions kills/deaths (and growing little by little) so you cannot scrap all the data unless you want to get flagged by Cloudflare (it happened to me on the first run) or die out of boredom; apart from the queries it is very similar to what you have done. I've waited for EU prime time today to run a 1000 kill/deaths test and things are quite even (I expected the dominance of one realm over the other tbh)

Since new data is constantly and rapidly being included the test is not as accurate as I expected before launching it. Changing the "first" variable to something lower (like 10) makes it work more consistently but much slower.

If anyone (Staff or OP) want to dig into my code just let me know.

This is the output:

Regards and keep it up.

Ads
Sofong

Post#32 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 am

slayers outperform even other order dps by miles..... no wonder.

Lion1986

Post#33 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:33 am

Sofong wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 am slayers outperform even other order dps by miles..... no wonder.
thanks captain obvious!!!
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/20040
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19928

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:49 am

Sofong wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:48 am slayers outperform even other order dps by miles..... no wonder.
how come i never see slayer outperform BWs in warbands( both pug and organized) ?

damage, effective damage and DBs always go to best BWs, slayers are behind them. yet nobody cries about BWs? :S

Tesq

Post#35 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:59 am

rejndjer wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:49 am
how come i never see slayer outperform BWs in warbands( both pug and organized) ?

damage, effective damage and DBs always go to best BWs, slayers are behind them. yet nobody cries about BWs? :S
They aren't mobile/charging parry machine with an ib. + Tanks dosent care of bw.

Cultist

Post#36 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am

Last night on EU sleep time (NA night) was Order-dominant and as expected they got the upper hand:

However, this changes every day and the trend seems not to be >5% for one side even on prime times, anyway the only ones that might scrap all the data are the devs.

Lion1986

Post#37 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:32 am

Cultist wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am Last night on EU sleep time (NA night) was Order-dominant and as expected they got the upper hand:

However, this changes every day and the trend seems not to be >5% for one side even on prime times, anyway the only ones that might scrap all the data are the devs.
asserting faction dominace based on kill count is absolutely worthless. Zones are locked with keeps, not kill score. This is like order losing land of the dead "BuT WhE DiD 3x The KilLz!11!"

Cultist

Post#38 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:31 am

Lion1986 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:32 am
Cultist wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:35 am Last night on EU sleep time (NA night) was Order-dominant and as expected they got the upper hand:

asserting faction dominace based on kill count is absolutely worthless. Zones are locked with keeps, not kill score. This is like order losing land of the dead "BuT WhE DiD 3x The KilLz!11!"

Yes, I agree with that, also organized WBs have a lot to say in that regard.
My script focuses on what realm kills (farms) more based on the killboard, not what realm wins a zone although they usually come together.
I want to thank the Dev team for making it possible, since brings to the table interesting questions and it's prone to data analysis. I do not think they'll move a finger if this affects Order status quo though.
When I first saw the Killboard I couldn't figure why BWs were populating the top 5 (and Sorcerers are not in the top10) or just 3 Destro players are in the monthlyboard. I'm still convinced it's easier to rank up in Order than in Destro. Why? Because they kill more. The first kill of a player can give you around 1k RP (with no extra bonuses) while locking a zone can give you... 5k at most?

Ads
tazdingo

Post#39 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:27 pm

bw crits bis def tanks for 1.2 - 1.5k

Tesq

Post#40 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:27 pm bw crits bis def tanks for 1.2 - 1.5k
with aoe spamming on def tank tank? you joking right?