Recent Topics

Ads

Pull Ins

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Panel

Pull Ins

Post#1 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:16 am

Given that pulls are no skill, no risk all reward its time to introduce some risk. On being pulled for the 50th time the player is granted the "Frequent Flyer" title. Frequent Flyers are granted the passive ability "Crash Landing". On all subsequent pulls there is a 25% chance to trigger Crash Landing. Crash Landing grants the player immunity from all damage while in flight and for 5 secs after landing. The impact on landing is so great that a sonic wave is generated as well as an earth tremor. The puller is immediately vaporised and cant be ressed as there is nothing left to res. All other players within a 30ft radius of the landing spot are are knocked down for 3 sec and take X damage. Not only is this good for laughs but might go some way to mitigating the advantage pulls give to Destro

Ads
Sofong

Re: Pull Ins

Post#2 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:35 am

a 12345 rotation from 100ft dropping ppl from 100% to 0 is no skill, no risk all reward. :lol:

Sulorie

Post#3 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:27 am

You missed 1st of April by some days. Try again next year.
Dying is no option.

Lion1986

Post#4 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:12 am

Sofong wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:35 am a 12345 rotation from 100ft dropping ppl from 100% to 0 is no skill, no risk all reward. :lol:
same for melee when WH/WE 3shot a caster

Hugatsaga

Post#5 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:31 pm

In order to fix risk vs reward disrepancies mentioned above I suggest every class should have random chance of exploding spontaneously for 30k undefendable aoe dmg.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Sulorie

Post#6 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:44 pm

Hugatsaga wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:31 pm In order to fix risk vs reward disrepancies mentioned above I suggest every class should have random chance of exploding spontaneously for 30k undefendable aoe dmg.
What trigger you suggest?

Every x kills?
Healing x amount?
Moving a certain distance?
Dying is no option.

Hugatsaga

Post#7 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:52 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:44 pm
Hugatsaga wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:31 pm In order to fix risk vs reward disrepancies mentioned above I suggest every class should have random chance of exploding spontaneously for 30k undefendable aoe dmg.
What trigger you suggest?

Every x kills?
Healing x amount?
Moving a certain distance?
First I was thinking movement should be the trigger but that would give afkers an unfair edge so currently I'm leaning towards time-based trigger where every second player spends logged in has chance to trigger the explosion.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Alucard2010

Post#8 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:04 pm

Ah yes, let’s make the kite classes even more cancerous to counter. All Sorc, Shammy, SH, SW, BW, and AMs mains unite on this thread and bash the one utility that causes you to have to position and not spam your sequencer. Also, make sure you get in a shot at WH/WE while you’re at it.

Ads
Grock

Post#9 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:05 pm

Salt aside OP has a point about "risk vs reward" here

Usually Pull abilities are reserved for low mobiliy tank/support classes, in that case lack of mobility(and possibly lack of damage output to utilize the pull) becomes the "trade off" for having Pull, which still works well as tactical support skill

On the other hand Damage Dealers usually get personal mobility skills instead, i.e. they have to "go in" to close the gap, which becomes the risk part.

Somehow in WAR its all over the place... Tanks have no mobility AND no way to interact with enemies at range, while certain DPS classes get both mobility AND pulls at the same time...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sofong

Post#10 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:57 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:12 am
Sofong wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:35 am a 12345 rotation from 100ft dropping ppl from 100% to 0 is no skill, no risk all reward. :lol:
same for melee when WH/WE 3shot a caster
lol hardly, but op talking bout pull.