Recent Topics

Ads

can someone explain?

Let's talk about... everything else
Grock

Re: can someone explain?

Post#31 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:31 pm

Bold of you to assume anything in this game is balanced or that Mythics knew wtf they were doing back on Live :lol:

How's that new project by Marc Jabocs doing btw, i heard they are close to release? :lol:

This whole buff/debuff type system is an arbitrary mess that doesn't really add anything of value to the game other than making it slightly more necessary to run 2 different healer classes. Still, it doesn't add much to actual PvP coz you can't exploit the enemy's weakness unless you just happen to be already logged in on the right class

Like the 4 types of damage/resists we have this entire thing is likely a relic from somewhere early in development of WAR, when it was still a PvE-focused WoW clone.
It would make sense to have multiple damage & effect types to add depth to PvE encounters, and to make sure all classes stay viable despite numbers output(like WoW did back in the day with unique buffs/etc), but in PvP environment it just adds unnecessary complication that cannot be utilized tactically in an actual fight anyway coz the types are fixed per class, and you cant just swap a class in the middle of a match like you do in TF2 or Overwatch.

I say get rid of it and make cleanse abilities remove all debuffs at once, but with ~60s cooldown ;)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Valarion

Post#32 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:45 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:31 pm Bold of you to assume anything in this game is balanced or that Mythics knew wtf they were doing back on Live :lol:

How's that new project by Marc Jabocs doing btw, i heard they are close to release? :lol:

This whole buff/debuff type system is an arbitrary mess that doesn't really add anything of value to the game other than making it slightly more necessary to run 2 different healer classes. Still, it doesn't add much to actual PvP coz you can't exploit the enemy's weakness unless you just happen to be already logged in on the right class

Like the 4 types of damage/resists we have this entire thing is likely a relic from somewhere early in development of WAR, when it was still a PvE-focused WoW clone.
It would make sense to have multiple damage & effect types to add depth to PvE encounters, and to make sure all classes stay viable despite numbers output(like WoW did back in the day with unique buffs/etc), but in PvP environment it just adds unnecessary complication that cannot be utilized tactically in an actual fight anyway coz the types are fixed per class, and you cant just swap a class in the middle of a match like you do in TF2 or Overwatch.

I say get rid of it and make cleanse abilities remove all debuffs at once, but with ~60s cooldown ;)

Bold of you to assume I ever claimed Mythic knew wtf they were doing or that parts of the game didnt still need to be improved. Please reread exactly what I said. Then reread it again.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Arbich
Suspended

Post#33 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:20 pm

Gravord wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:24 am Easiest solution would be to remove cleanse restrictions and allow every healer to cleanse any type of effect, perhaps with certain additional bonuses, general ones or if they cleanse specific type of effect. Argument could be easily made it would simplify game too much, but it also would made different cleanses closer in terms of quality. Main complaint of the topic is about AM vs Sham, but dont forget poor WP who doesnt cleanse WE/SH/Mara/Sham, 4 out of 5 destro heal inc heal debuffs, while cleaning only Chop.
Easiest solution would be no change at all, because there is no problem.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

havartii

Post#34 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:52 pm

shoelessHN wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:07 am Not sure how you'd balance it, as the mirror classes do not even apply the same debuff types so mirroring the healer cleanses would imbalance something else.

Easiest solution would be to change shaman dots from ailments to curses.

Then move choppa debuffs from curses to hexes giving destro 4/4/4 of each type to match order 4/4/4.
That sounds like an excellent idea!
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Sulorie

Post#35 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:24 pm

There are some skills with maybe wrong debuff type e.g. SH selfpunt snare which doesn't match their other debuffs.
Dying is no option.