Recent Topics

Ads

Population cap for attackers during forts

Let's talk about... everything else
Paxsanarion

Re: Population cap for attackers during forts

Post#61 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:35 am

Emissary wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:38 am 158 destro vs 48 order in keep def and fort tonight ... not even worth it anymore.

Been playing AOR and ROR a long time……always as a pug (mostly due to work and life and limited playtime). I have always played order as I simply enjoy the lore and playstyle of those classes the most. I love healing and tanking most and I actually enjoy being the underdog and successfully defending against the odds.

I will say right now playing mostly EU prime time is quite challenging :-) I am hopeful a way will be found to make the epic battles back and forth something which happens more often than it does now. Steamrolling or being steamrolled is not enjoyable gameplay regardless of rewards. The thrill of a long battle well fought on both sides is what I enjoy most and I would rather do that with out reward at all …..than what we have right now :-)

Pax

Ads
Parallell86

Post#62 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:58 pm

Shogun4138 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 am It wasn't a problem when Order did it for a year, but now its is.
they didnt benefit from it, european order have ALWAYS been outnumbered due to FMJs 24 man and Freebootaz 18 man.

bradbury111

Post#63 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:36 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:58 pm
Shogun4138 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 am It wasn't a problem when Order did it for a year, but now its is.
they didnt benefit from it, european order have ALWAYS been outnumbered due to FMJs 24 man and Freebootaz 18 man.
Do you mean 18 men can hardly get a proper composition between groups?
Autoband warpugs are more organized than that green mess but freebootaz put heart in what they do and that makes a difference.

oi kaptin \o

Lightshow

Post#64 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:19 pm

I have been playing for a few months now and I don't see how saying that order zerged last year is any kind of defence. New players won't enjoy the game if they're just getting zerged and the player base will just go down or not grow as much as it could.

I don't really like playing RvR because whenever I do it seems like AAO is active. I'm not really sure what the numbers are throughout the day, it could be even for all I know.

Would it not be possible to implement some kind of debuff for bigger zergs? I think the team with bigger numbers should always have the advantage, but as an example maybe a small debuff of 5-10% damage output depending on the number advantage? That way the Zerg can still have the advantage, all players can still play, and there will be slightly more balance

Detangler

Post#65 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:12 pm

Damage buffs and such seem like a good idea, but just because AAO is on doesn't mean you will face the entire zerg in your fight. What about the small scale fights that happen all over? Should the rare 1v1 fight have the scales tipped because others are running around in a zone completely out of sight range?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Sulorie

Post#66 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:05 am

Meliannia wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:58 pm
Lion1986 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:15 pm

i was in last week LOTD and was not a pop issues (order had also diminishing rations); LOTD was lost because order zerged library and pools and nothing more while destro sent 6man party to cap BOS.
last LOTD i was in destro had huge numbers and won by about 2400 points in record time.

maybe you were in one when i took a day off from this shizzle, or when i was at work?
Last lotd raid was won by destro, because they had more flag control, while order was farming kills.
Dying is no option.

carthagerising

Post#67 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:37 am

We do need more primary order players, I think that’s not a big call at this point. Outside of eu prime the game has degenerated into the mass swap meta and often it favours destro and has done for a long time, with pockets of order control and exceptions from time to time. Both sides are very similar in most respects and it only takes a couple of lost zones for destro to just stop attending keeps all together, now imagine days and days of this in a row and u have playing on order.

The server overall needs more out reach and also to find a way to encourage old players back and destro dominance most hours of most days does not help the presentation.

But if order are to grow their player base, then Things would have to change big time for them as a community in terms of atmosphere, willingness to group up and follow instructions and stepping up to take charge. Also toxicity, which is present both sides but due to regular losses is much closer to the surface it feels like on order.

The big difference it feels like when switching to order is the lack of regular pug leads to shepherd the masses to where they need to be. Destro is spoiled for choice there and it’s also easy to get into yourself if you want but the game time of pugs and casuals can be rewarded and guided far more effectively on destro due to lots of options through the day. Bring back Beastz and Alliune tbh.

Yesterday, 11am - 4pm cet (evening time Australia) there was a bit of back n forth but it was still mostly destro but order made a few efforts. The population during this time was at worst 10% different, when order took an empty bfp or when destro took TM. People have to learn to go to the keeps early and a huge number of these throws can be made profitable.

Finally, to those who find themselves on the dominate side. You can also help this situation with no opposition. Destro is better coordinated as a pug than order generally but our leaders often act like we are under pressure, hunting down any order, blocking the ten possible defenders from keeps and acting like this has to b done by the book. But if u just crush the weak opposition over and over u get where we are, **** all to fight. It is worth showing some restraint for the health of the zone and overall of the server. Let them In The keep if it’s 60% Aao or more, encourage them to play the game or this is going to get much worse.

So tldr, wtb more ppl for the server, more pug leads for order and some restraint for destro who are dominating a large amount of time most normal days.

I know feelings are strong on both sides of this, but it does feel a bit rediculous to be on destro and act like everything is fine when the quality of play is dropping outside very set hours each day.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Sugaree

Post#68 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:03 am

Bring on the 24/48 hour faction lockout timer! Xrealmers can kick rocks

Ads
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#69 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:39 am

Sugaree wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:03 am Bring on the 24/48 hour faction lockout timer! Xrealmers can kick rocks
It really won't do a lot. Many people use VPNs so the timer won't do anything. Furthermore, people can just use two accounts as well.

What needs to change are the tasks for the weekly rvr. Reward participation and not winning to prevent situations where people are encouraged to log in to the winning realm.

Everdin

Post#70 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:50 am

tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:39 am
Sugaree wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:03 am Bring on the 24/48 hour faction lockout timer! Xrealmers can kick rocks
It really won't do a lot. Many people use VPNs so the timer won't do anything. Furthermore, people can just use two accounts as well.

What needs to change are the tasks for the weekly rvr. Reward participation and not winning to prevent situations where people are encouraged to log in to the winning realm.
yep, double or triple the need of keeps/forts and make it participate. Until now i got kills/bos and 3 keeps this is 100% of what Order was able to do since monday during EU primetime. In this timespan destro could finish 2 or 3 toons...

I know there were time when order was pushing, but the current reward system reduces the efforts from order to do something against destro to 0. As people mentioned before, if someone is not full ORDER PRIDE he is logging destro to get rewards as soon as population swaps again destro will see that with the new system the situation is much more worse then before.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs