Recent Topics

Ads

{REHAULED & UPDATED GUIDE} 2 Handed Chosen Guide

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Re: {REHAULED & UPDATED GUIDE} 2 Handed Chosen Guide

Post#11 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:23 pm

loik wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:54 am Is there any point in using stuff like seeping wounds, tooth of tzeentch, withering blow, blast wave?
Seeping wounds + touch of palsy is a very powerful combo, its a much need in a rotation. Tooth of tzeentch is also important, because the base damage is good, and along with that it'll do 152 spirit damage on your next attack, Withering blow is situational, I personally don't use it all too much, but it does have some value in it, Its the same situation with blast wave, it does cost alot of AP so that's why its not typically used all too much.

Ads
Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#12 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:32 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:49 am The build is quite low in initiative and reduction chance to received critical damage. With 230 initiative, by default we have 13% base chance to be critically hit and with 2 FS this is not totally covered. After one initiative debuff (80 for example), we will be around 19%. Basically, with this build, we will take a lot of critically hit and I don't know if the tactic Warped Flesh will cover all the critical hit.

Also, it looks like you are playing with [Hand of Malal], but it does not stack with Suppression, so why ? Is it for the 10% dodge/esquive ? But if we play against rDPS, the movement speed bonus from [Doom] or [Fortress Bonesplit] should be better, no ?

For solo, what about [Harrower] with both bonus (10% chance to steal 150 health and 3% chance to absorb 300 damage) ? Sad that there is WS on it.

And finally, as @Detangler said, Chosen does not benefit from WS, so 3 pieces of Warlord is not really efficient and instead we can use 2 Sentinel + 2 Warlord to get 2 strength bonus.
My build is low in initiative, yes, but from my experience the only time you are going to take big crit damage is from a Bright wizard and maybe an SW. I rarely see WH's run the high crit spec, but its something you should also keep in mind of yes. Warped flesh if it procs would cover about a 1/3 on the damage if its a 1k crit, otherwise it'll cover a good portion of it if it procs. Hand of malal has the better stats then Doom, and whilst yes the parry proc doesn't stack, its still can be useful in some situations, Speed bonus would be more useful against RDPS, but in my experience, rarely do i see a solo ranged dps, and if i do, they either cant kite, or just don't deal much damage. Harrowers stats are useless mostly, and its just better to get more damage out of procs, like the harrower proc on malal. Chosen doesn't benefit from weapon skill yes, but for solo the 3 pc warlord build is good because of the extra parry and the regen on the items, The weaponskill can still be nice on Cleave or any other move that doesn't deal spirit damage.

Mournblade

Post#13 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:13 pm

Solid suggestions. However, if you don't want to run dungeons, 3pc Dom / 3pc Conq -> 3pc Oppr / 3pc Vanq -> 3pc Vict / 3-4pc Invader is a perfectly acceptable path leading you to Warlord/Sov.
Mournbrand - Chosen | Mournblade - DoK | Beezlebork - Shaman | Mournshade - WE
Skullflower - WH | Mournflower - SM | Mournbrechen- WP | Mournbrecher - KoTBS | Zereshunaida - SW

diegomess

Post#14 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:32 pm

sharpblader wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:21 am Hi thanks for the guide. Perfect timing for I decided to re level my chosen from scratch.

A couple of questions: What is the benefit of using Rending Blade for solo? Wouldnt it be better to get more points in discord tree? Also is dreadful terror really worth it? 20 AP every 5 seconds doesnt seem too good. Wouldnt the heal debuff or Toughness aura be better?

All in all great guide. Would've liked it more if the formatting was a little better :P
rending blade is a mediocre aoe and the worst 13point of any offensive tank tree, but is the only thing we can have, not needed at all for solo roaming.

you have to consider that it's 20 ap per 5sec for you and -20 for enemy meaning you can spam more and they cant, heal debuff is situational and is an aura that only affects enemy it wont be enough to counter healers, tough aura is good but if you are running savage vigor liniment "5%crit + 60 tough i think" then you dont need it cuz it doesnt stack.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

diegomess

Post#15 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:49 am Also, it looks like you are playing with [Hand of Malal], but it does not stack with Suppression, so why ? Is it for the 10% dodge/esquive ? But if we play against rDPS, the movement speed bonus from [Doom] or [Fortress Bonesplit] should be better, no ?

For solo, what about [Harrower] with both bonus (10% chance to steal 150 health and 3% chance to absorb 300 damage) ? Sad that there is WS on it.

And finally, as @Detangler said, Chosen does not benefit from WS, so 3 pieces of Warlord is not really efficient and instead we can use 2 Sentinel + 2 Warlord to get 2 strength bonus.
warped flesh is one of the best tactics for duels chosen has.

for solo harrower is the best weapon if you want to survive 1vx encounters and for pve as well but it has the worst stats at least for chosen if you compare to any other tank version of this weapon, is the lowest dmg weapon chosen has but if you have 750+str or 800+ or daemonclaw and good crit rate then you are fine.

doom, fortress, bloodlord, sentry anathema and titan are all good and situational, learn when to swap weapons when you need them... guardian anathema sucks balls compared to sentry tho no need for that one

also chosen doesnt benefit greatly from str as well for example a 144 daemonclaw proc just gives me 43 more dmg in ravage or 29 more dmg bonus, you are better with grimshimmer chest with more victorious or triumph, or another alt sov so you can use daemonclaw and go full discord tree and be a more complete chosen.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

Onemantankwall

Post#16 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:00 pm

diegomess wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:55 pm
CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:49 am Also, it looks like you are playing with [Hand of Malal], but it does not stack with Suppression, so why ? Is it for the 10% dodge/esquive ? But if we play against rDPS, the movement speed bonus from [Doom] or [Fortress Bonesplit] should be better, no ?

warped flesh is one of the best tactics for duels chosen has.

for solo harrower is the best weapon if you want to survive 1vx encounters and for pve as well but it has the worst stats at least for chosen if you compare to any other tank version of this weapon, is the lowest dmg weapon chosen has but if you have 750+str or 800+ or daemonclaw and good crit rate then you are fine.

doom, fortress, bloodlord, sentry anathema and titan are all good and situational, learn when to swap weapons when you need them... guardian anathema sucks balls compared to sentry tho no need for that one

also chosen doesnt benefit greatly from str as well for example a 144 daemonclaw proc just gives me 43 more dmg in ravage or 29 more dmg bonus, you are better with grimshimmer chest with more victorious or triumph, or another alt sov so you can use daemonclaw and go full discord tree and be a more complete chosen.
Harrower while looking very pretty on paper, proc is straight B A D ur better off grabbing the run speed proc or the rr45 regen wep because its just so untrustable
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

RodneyWilliams

Post#17 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:12 am

Thanks for the guide and suggestions.

Thunderbragi

Post#18 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:46 am

So whats wrong with weapon skill on chosen?
Yes a lot of dmg from chosen is magical, and you have to stack strenth, and resi debuff to do dps. But, if you reach the cap of 1050, wich antribute you wana drive for more dps?
I got 6 sov, 3 victorius, 2 warrior rings, reach the st cap with the tactic, got 41%crit, 38%parry, 5000armor, 9500hp and <500 tought. To do more dps i will slot weaponskill talis. Other wise to push my parry

Ads
DeathDriver

Post#19 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:54 pm

Thank you so much I went from SNB to this and OMG the damage is soo much better :D

Vegetaplays
Community Management

Post#20 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:08 am

DeathDriver wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:54 pm Thank you so much I went from SNB to this and OMG the damage is soo much better :D
No problem, glad it could be of some assistance :)