Recent Topics

Ads

Make RvR more like SCs.

Let's talk about... everything else
Lion1986

Re: Make RvR more like SCs.

Post#11 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:27 am

diedrake wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:18 am well that idea would also cause problems too. for example the BOs in the lakes used to give rr point tics every few seconds, that was the reward for holding the BOs and staying on them. This caused a lot of frustration with afk farming of rr points. If that is what you are suggesting... it has been tried and failed to be engaging.

If your suggestion is without any type of reward for the player holding said BO, then no player will be holding BOs after the keep siege begins... if the keep siege even happens as sitting on BOs for even 5 mins is boring as heck. The lakes would devolve into kill swapping all day and no zones would be locked. When i mean kill swapping i don't mean the banable type, i mean that wbs and both factions would ignore the BOs in hunt for kills as that would be more lucrative.

Right now, with the UPS style of ranking up keeps, I know some WBs prefer to hunt rather than rank up keeps as in all honesty it is pretty boring to play UPS. I am just saying that the idea presented in this post, would slow down zone locks as holding BOs wouldn't be too engaging especially if no reward for holding said BO is present for the players.
I said as follows in many topics:

1)no rr ticks under flag to avoid afk
2)resources atutomatically generated, BUT if you hold 2 or less BO they are 50%slower
3)3BO gives standard and steady amount of resources
4)4BO gives +25%
5) Killing enemy players in rvr lake (not under flag) gives some resources, although a little amount (and zerg happen all times, wether create or not are present)
6)AAO gives more resources in function of aao amount

just some 2 cents idea. I pretend teach nothing to anyone. But so far RVR is not that appealing, especially for overwhelmed faction. This force even less presence in RVR and more scenario queue for the faction with AAO (basically sitting in capital queuing)

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#12 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:40 am

Djxto wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:19 am Taking BOs generate points that rank keep,heal door/lord.
You know where to go, you know where the enemy will be. Its very simple. It works on offense and defense.
Why cant this be done? It would be great.

Gromgril crossing would work well for this. The next BO to open could be totally random, any SC mechanic would be better than what is now in RvR. When the BO locks it drops some boxes, everyone is happy!
What a horrible idea. Only 1 BO open so it's always zerg vs zerg..?
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Garamore

Post#13 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:39 pm

Just ends up with a massive zerg running round each BO to smash whoever is trying to hold it. Or one zerg each side doing NASCAR and avoiding each other. That style ahd been tried before and failed for that reason.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Djxto

Post#14 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:37 am if you wanna play scenarios then play scenarios.

why make the entire game into a scenario? why do we have scenarios then? RVR is meant to be freeroaming PVP.
Thats great. Because how RvR is now, it is not PvP. There is nothing in the current state of RvR that is PvP.
Any PvP that happens in RvR is by chance, none of it is needed to progress a zone. RvR is entirely PvE based right now. The best option to have PvP in the game right now is only SCs.
During non peak times, when only 1-2 wbs are present in the game and some of them avoid active zones to run boxes in non player dominant zones, there is hardly any PvP.
When the population is at peak times, its very easy to find PvP, even then players intentionally avoid each other without any reason.
RvR is not based on PvP, it is optional. People who want to PvP in RvR should have just as much options as those who dont. RvR has for some reason turned into a box running simulation. There is no choice for PvP in RvR if you want to. Its all by luck and chance and if you happen to run into the enemy.
The best time for PvP in RvR is at keep defense/takes, because this is the best chance to find the enemy, its the only real time to find PvP, especially during non peak times.

The mechanics introduced into RvR to help on defense, increase door/lord health. The boxes only repair door 2%!, 2% is nothing! If you want this to have any significant the number should be increased to 5-10%, this will almost guarantee the attacking side needs to hold BOs while attacking. Having 4 BOs always open at the same time is another issue. There are too many places to run to, there are too many options on how to not find the enemy, especially at non peak times.
If only 2 BOs were open at anytime, if BOs had more influence on door/lord heal, this would force the players onto BOs to fight more. RvR is not about fighting, there is nothing in RvR that determines fighting to advance the zone. It is based on running boxes, not fighting. People do not fight over BOs, they capture the BO and leave. They have to roam the zone looking for the enemy to engage, especially during non peak times.

Introducing a SC like system would give the players who enjoy PvP more reason to be in the lake and more direction on where to go and find fights during non keep take/defense times, at any time of the day, high or low population.
Limiting the number of BOs open and increasing their influence on zone mechanics, would also make players need to fight over them more. There is no reason to fight over any BO, it remains captured even if no one is on it! You have no idea if anyone is there. As soon as you capture the BO you grab the box and go, which even more lowers the chance of finding anyone. If BOs only produced boxes on capture and needed to be held, this would increase activity on BOs, plus only 2 of them being open at any time, would add even more fighting. RvR is not based on any of this, it is based on avoidance, nothing in RvR right now is based on fighting the enemy, it is an option. Is RvR only meant to be for those who want to PvE?
Lion1986 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:41 am
Parallell86 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:37 am if you wanna play scenarios then play scenarios.

why make the entire game into a scenario? why do we have scenarios then? RVR is meant to be freeroaming PVP.
so far, and for sure I am the one mistaken, is not "free roaming" more like "wait under flag to create spawn and deliver it". I fail to see where the "free " sits.
Yes. There was a thread awhile ago, made by guilds discussing about how difficult meaningful PvP is to have in RvR, it had some 10+ Pages. I forget this thread or where it went. At the time of 10 pages there was no response by any dev on the state of PvP in RvR.
It seems RvR is heavily influenced by PvE type players. Anytime PvP is mentioned in RvR and how better of systems could be introduced that require PvP, it is a huge topic and you are shat on for even mentioning it. The change to war crests is great for the game. Now I want more options to PvP, rather than just SCs, or having to roam RvR to find action.

Parallell86

Post#15 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:06 am

Djxto wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Thats great. Because how RvR is now, it is not PvP. There is nothing in the current state of RvR that is PvP.
Any PvP that happens in RvR is by chance, none of it is needed to progress a zone. RvR is entirely PvE based right now. The best option to have PvP in the game right now is only SCs.
During non peak times, when only 1-2 wbs are present in the game and some of them avoid active zones to run boxes in non player dominant zones, there is hardly any PvP.
When the population is at peak times, its very easy to find PvP, even then players intentionally avoid each other without any reason.
RvR is not based on PvP, it is optional. People who want to PvP in RvR should have just as much options as those who dont. RvR has for some reason turned into a box running simulation. There is no choice for PvP in RvR if you want to. Its all by luck and chance and if you happen to run into the enemy.
The best time for PvP in RvR is at keep defense/takes, because this is the best chance to find the enemy, its the only real time to find PvP, especially during non peak times.

The mechanics introduced into RvR to help on defense, increase door/lord health. The boxes only repair door 2%!, 2% is nothing! If you want this to have any significant the number should be increased to 5-10%, this will almost guarantee the attacking side needs to hold BOs while attacking. Having 4 BOs always open at the same time is another issue. There are too many places to run to, there are too many options on how to not find the enemy, especially at non peak times.
If only 2 BOs were open at anytime, if BOs had more influence on door/lord heal, this would force the players onto BOs to fight more. RvR is not about fighting, there is nothing in RvR that determines fighting to advance the zone. It is based on running boxes, not fighting. People do not fight over BOs, they capture the BO and leave. They have to roam the zone looking for the enemy to engage, especially during non peak times.

Introducing a SC like system would give the players who enjoy PvP more reason to be in the lake and more direction on where to go and find fights during non keep take/defense times, at any time of the day, high or low population.
Limiting the number of BOs open and increasing their influence on zone mechanics, would also make players need to fight over them more. There is no reason to fight over any BO, it remains captured even if no one is on it! You have no idea if anyone is there. As soon as you capture the BO you grab the box and go, which even more lowers the chance of finding anyone. If BOs only produced boxes on capture and needed to be held, this would increase activity on BOs, plus only 2 of them being open at any time, would add even more fighting. RvR is not based on any of this, it is based on avoidance, nothing in RvR right now is based on fighting the enemy, it is an option. Is RvR only meant to be for those who want to PvE?
Lion1986 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:41 am

so far, and for sure I am the one mistaken, is not "free roaming" more like "wait under flag to create spawn and deliver it". I fail to see where the "free " sits.
Yes. There was a thread awhile ago, made by guilds discussing about how difficult meaningful PvP is to have in RvR, it had some 10+ Pages. I forget this thread or where it went. At the time of 10 pages there was no response by any dev on the state of PvP in RvR.
It seems RvR is heavily influenced by PvE type players. Anytime PvP is mentioned in RvR and how better of systems could be introduced that require PvP, it is a huge topic and you are shat on for even mentioning it. The change to war crests is great for the game. Now I want more options to PvP, rather than just SCs, or having to roam RvR to find action.
You take your time to concoct this entire essay to make a statement but wont take time and read above posts. Garamore said it all, so Im done arguing with you.

Djxto

Post#16 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:47 am

Doesnt seem like there is enough vocal people who arnt impressed with how RvR is. It seems most of the people influencing how RvR is done are people who enjoy PvE more. Thats fine and everything.

It would be great if PvP was more brought into alignment with RvR, PvE is at a great spot for it. Having to hold BOs, would at least bring in some more action, rather than having to roam around to find it. I dont really enjoy anything about RvR right now. For the past year RvR has been terrible to me. I dont like boxes, I dont like tagging BOs and leaving them, I dont like to have to wander around.
The main problem, Ive already said is there is no 'go here' place to fight. Its 4 BOs open at any time, that dont need to be defended and then things that need to be transported, which all takes away from the PvP element. If you dont want to PvP, fine.
but can we start implementing things that offer more PvP, so SCs arnt the only way to find it in any real way?

And yes I type out all this and those whove spent time and effort into possible ways to bring in more PvP and its just ignored and we're ignored. but then more PvE stuff is brought in, its kind of a losing battle. I get it. and those who are here for PvP, probably isnt the majority on the forums, which makes this even more difficult.

losvtranse

Post#17 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:18 am

I feel that one of the reasons of boring RVR is how unimpactful each box is. Maybe making it an actual 24man objective would be better (Box takes more time to spawn, worth at least 5 times more, does not allow mount and reduces movement speed).
What i feel is actually needing some radical change is T1, it's an absolute snoosefest.

rrrutsss

Post#18 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:55 am

Ranking up should be increased whit aao
If underdog has 100aao then theyr boxes give 2x times the supply amount for keep ranking.
Or even more to avoid getting 0 star keep sieges and giving easy wins

Ads
Sufferkate

Post#19 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:51 am

currently RVR is just x realm to higher pop side and win. I just logged off due to 100 vs 20. Standing around waiting for the door to drop twice was NOT fun. We could have jumped off the wall if only... if only there was a way to make the players SELF BALANCE the population. How about no rewards , xp, renown , ect. for over populated side.
Any thing over 20% = no rewards. And if you can't take a keep with near equal numbers then you don't deserve it. Just be happy now 100% of the time you log on there will be near fair fights.
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22

Sufferkate

Post#20 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:52 am

And being on the over popped side isn't much fun either... its boring taking keeps with no one in them.
(SADIST wb lead) TPE,RedRedKroovy,RealHorrorShow, DomiHate,Droogy,DaMachineBigBoomiesTpeDollMolokoPlus, UltraViolence,DaGreenReaper,TheOLDinOUTSufferKate,Xoz,
Banned since:3/26/22