Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#21 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:00 pm

Added some frequently asked questions in hopes to make it clearer. Feel free to drop more questions if you're confused.

There will also be a Q&A later this month so we could keep everybody up to date with everything we're doing, and answer your questions. More details will be shared at a later stage, but in general it's a whole other approach than previous Q&As.

Ads
Bavradai

Post#22 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:18 pm

Very disappointed to not see the inclusion of ranked currencies into this new universal currency system.

Zeldar

Post#23 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:21 pm

Thanks for the hard work, team! As a casual NA WH that never gets invited to cities at odd hours, this gives me the motivation to stick it out and take a shot at a sov set.

Omegus

Post#24 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:10 am

Biggest change I see from this are healers finally being able to get healing gear while levelling up through scenarios which is a very good thing. I swear some of the reason you see so many DPS WP/DoK/Shamans/AMs in mid-tier scenarios is because the only gear they get access to while trying to level quick is DPS gear.

Of course, there are some that just want to play DPS regardless, but those that actually want to spec for heals and have gear for it will now have an option without detouring into ORVR which is a slower levelling experience.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Toshutkidup

Post#25 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:35 am

KissShot wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:39 pm
Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:13 pm I’m sure a lot of the streamers will be happy to hear about Twitch drops.
Liar
Ok good streamers will be happy ;)

Aka removes you and I
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Skullgrin

Post#26 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 am

GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Major Currency Changes

2. You will no longer have your desired gears locked behind a specific content. You can play your favorite game modes, participate in your favorite activities in these game modes and get rewarded properly.

Yea, that's not true. PvE gear is still gonna be locked away in the Dungeons, which I'll never have the time/motivation to do. All this is going to do is make potions more expensive and and make the high end top DPS scenario weapons stupidly easy to acquire. Hope you guys have a balance plan in place to account for when everyone is doing lots more damage than they are currently, cuz its gonna happen fast when you change this.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Albais

Post#27 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:57 am

GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:00 pm Added some frequently asked questions in hopes to make it clearer.
Thank you for the information. Personally, I had no problem with the old system, so for me the announcement came a bit unexpected.
Reading the explanations about the purpose of this new unified currency helped me understand the issue(s).
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

anarchypark

Post#28 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:55 am

Who would fight against 100+ aao,
100 vs 30 fort,
premade vs pug city,
when you can run to SC.
but it's already 1 wipe quit anyway,
not much difference i guess.

bright side is ppl run SC more, practise more 2-2-2,
that experience escalate to orvr.

maybe remove pug sc and try tight matchmaker again?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Maltar

Post#29 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:48 am

Well the currency change is a very welcome surprise, and more than enough to tempt me back into playing.
City content has always been a pain on certain classes, and especially while you are a bit undergeared. And no longer being forced to cross fingers to get into a fortress or city if you log on at a bad time.

And no matter if you want to gear for dps, heal or tank sets we can now do all the content and still get rewards. Love sc's, well now you can que that until you are in full sov. Love rvr, well you won't need to que sc's. (other than for the various events)
This means that I can decide what I want to spend my time on in game, and still have progression. Guildies want to do certain content, well my character will still progress, so happy days.
Conversion factors might be a small issue, especially since grind times can be a bit on the high end in the current game.

I am also really interested in seeing what new armor and weapons that might be introduced, since we now have only one currency to worry about it should make balancing out the prices much easier, without forcing endless grinding of one particular set of content.

From my perspective as a filthy casual player that only truly enjoy very specific content and punish myself to play trough others to get the gear I need to progress, this completely rejuvenates the game for me, as I won't burn out constantly on content I loathe but have to do for dozens to hundreds of hours to have BiS gear and makes me stop playing for months and even at some points years. This change by itself has saved the game for me.

A big thank you to the devs for this change, a true breath of fresh air and giving players the choice to choose their path through the game.

mogt

Post#30 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:58 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 am
GamesBond wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:29 pm
Major Currency Changes

2. You will no longer have your desired gears locked behind a specific content. You can play your favorite game modes, participate in your favorite activities in these game modes and get rewarded properly.

Yea, that's not true. PvE gear is still gonna be locked away in the Dungeons, which I'll never have the time/motivation to do. All this is going to do is make potions more expensive and and make the high end top DPS scenario weapons stupidly easy to acquire. Hope you guys have a balance plan in place to account for when everyone is doing lots more damage than they are currently, cuz its gonna happen fast when you change this.
you are wrong, you know what is ROR for a gamegenre?

i explain you, it is a combination between pve and pvp, that means, you have your pve mode (pve content, eg dungeons)
and the pvp gamemode (sc and orvr content) many players want do orvr and dint like sc, or the opposite, this change is cry cool.

what you want is to destroy the core content what WAR was. and that is complety wrong, WAR/ROR was never a 100 % pvp game and that is fact, you can decide what you want do.

never forget, this gamegenre,is a pvp/pve combination game.

the WAR Lore is very Powerfull

WAGGHH