Recent Topics

Ads

Make sc queue like city

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
malark

Re: Make sc queue like city

Post#101 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:53 pm

yeah city instances are a tough one

I don't really know what could be done except as a start introduce something where you don't have to be at the enemy city's doors, put a portal somewhere safe. Maybe K8p, give people an excuse to go there. Also I know it's probably not easily possible but the 20-40 min wait can be a drag as well I find when I'm on my healer I'm worried I can't go respec and farm some mats or something in the meantime. These are just small suggestions I realise it's a difficult thing to get perfect for everyone.

Ads
Everdin

Post#102 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:31 am

Secrets wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:43 pm ...

The numbers are correct. These metrics are on an internal stats site and I've been using them when I was on the dev team.

I'd also think it's best to bring back NerfedButtons. I had no idea the drop was that drastic as I never correlated the date of NB's removal to that drop. No wonder they didn't come back with people being improperly hostile to NB users, too - that was a theory I long had and glad data proves it.

It's time to reinstate it with the LOTD patch, I feel.
Also, keep those EZ heal / guard addons. It's all or nothing, imo.
I hope the team agrees with me.
Never doubt the numbers, but the point of view is fatal. The player drop around NW release are higher, whats most important here is that the playercount goes up before this event. The ~450 players lost around NB are atleast on a small scale part of normal summer drop, the increase in September marks the end of this gap and then NW kicks in. What strengthens this thesis is the new raise of players since NW goes down. Of course, this is just an interpretation, it's also the possibility that after NB was banned a lot of players left, we got big numbers of new players short before NW release that quit gaming after two weeks and lotd now is a new magnet for new players...

Edit: Again, not to get me wrong, I was against NB ban, but with sequencer, me personaly don't give a flying ... elephant about bringing NB back... . I'm just not a big fan of all this fatalism around the game and the forum.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

dalen
Developer

Post#103 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Everdin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:31 am

The numbers are correct. These metrics are on an internal stats site and I've been using them when I was on the dev team.

I'd also think it's best to bring back NerfedButtons. I had no idea the drop was that drastic as I never correlated the date of NB's removal to that drop. No wonder they didn't come back with people being improperly hostile to NB users, too - that was a theory I long had and glad data proves it.

Never doubt the numbers, but the point of view is fatal. The player drop around NW release are higher, whats most important here is that the playercount goes up before this event. The ~450 players lost around NB are atleast on a small scale part of normal summer drop, the increase in September marks the end of this gap and then NW kicks in. What strengthens this thesis is the new raise of players since NW goes down. Of course, this is just an interpretation, it's also the possibility that after NB was banned a lot of players left, we got big numbers of new players short before NW release that quit gaming after two weeks and lotd now is a new magnet for new players...

Edit: Again, not to get me wrong, I was against NB ban, but with sequencer, me personaly don't give a flying ... elephant about bringing NB back... . I'm just not a big fan of all this fatalism around the game and the forum.
Players lost in 4 weeks before NB ban: 270
Players lost in 4 weeks after NB ban: 271

But sure, it was all NB ban and not just a continuation of the exact same trend.
Don't know where that ~450 players figure comes from.
Source Developer

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#104 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:57 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm Players lost in 4 weeks before NB ban: 270

But sure, it was all NB ban and not just a continuation of the exact same trend.
pop of server dont lost, no
continue to lie and no problem

Everdin

Post#105 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:21 pm

dalen wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Two things about your comment:
1. Read carefully, I said around, not after
2. Read carefully, I tried to reenforce exactly your opinion

To answer your question I think I took the peek around that point and the lowest point in between a few weeks
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Sarnai

Post#106 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:43 pm

The graph is very, very badly skewed. Image That's approximately a 500 difference, and 500 would be about half of the very smallest bar. So the 1451 shouldn't even be taller than the 1167.
WH looking for gunbad left

Sulorie

Post#107 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:32 am

Sarnai wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:43 pm The graph is very, very badly skewed. Image That's approximately a 500 difference, and 500 would be about half of the very smallest bar. So the 1451 shouldn't even be taller than the 1167.
Or a certain amount of players is cut to keep the bars short, e.g. some mininum value within the whole timeframe.
Dying is no option.

Sarnai

Post#108 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:54 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:32 am
Sarnai wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:43 pm The graph is very, very badly skewed. Image That's approximately a 500 difference, and 500 would be about half of the very smallest bar. So the 1451 shouldn't even be taller than the 1167.
Or a certain amount of players is cut to keep the bars short, e.g. some mininum value within the whole timeframe.
If that is the case, it is an incredibly disingenuous way to present a graph. It is assumed a graph like this starts at 0 unless otherwise stated. Chopping off the bottom and not giving a starting value other than 0 just manipulates the appearance to make the variations look more dramatic.
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#109 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:00 am

Sarnai wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:54 am
Sulorie wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:32 am
If that is the case, it is an incredibly disingenuous way to present a graph. It is assumed a graph like this starts at 0 unless otherwise stated. Chopping off the bottom and not giving a starting value other than 0 just manipulates the appearance to make the variations look more dramatic.
It wasn't my intent. I was just keeping it a reasonable size visually. The numbers are on there, the graph doesn't start at 0.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

dalen
Developer

Post#110 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:20 am

Everdin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:21 pm
dalen wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Two things about your comment:
1. Read carefully, I said around, not after
2. Read carefully, I tried to reenforce exactly your opinion

To answer your question I think I took the peek around that point and the lowest point in between a few weeks
You are right, I read your comment sloppily, sorry. See my comment more as a reply to this thread in general I guess.
Source Developer