Recent Topics

Ads

PLEASE turn shard drops into crest drops

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Helwer

Re: PLEASE turn shard drops into crest drops

Post#21 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:03 pm

Showup with your Royals will solve the issue. Thanks.

Ads
dwyur

Post#22 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:48 pm

I've yet to gear a Sov character as I made a lot of alts that are all full Vanq/most full Invader at this point; if your playing every day all day with a dedicated 6 man grinding out Sov gear isn't going to take you very long, as we've seen people do. But that isn't realistic for most people who have a life and responsibilities outside of waking up to log into whatever game they are playing at the moment.

The variety of opinions in here are so different it's no wonder the devs have a hard time figuring out a consensus on stuff.
Royal crests only dropping from city was not a good thing. If you win bags in ORvR and you've gotten the Invader ToK unlock, you should get royal crests from the bags. This was a very good change that helped the grind along with crests dropping from high RR players in ORvR.
Dirkfunk - 83 Runepriest
Dwyur - 82 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Garamore

Post#23 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:15 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:19 am I average 7-10 royals a day without including shards. thats a minimum 50 a week and I havent done a single city since April 2020. Im not full SoV as Im Wl/SoV mix and have 50 Gold bags just sitting in my backpack + 700 Royal crests i have just sitting there.. so disagree all you want
You play 7 days a week - and will still take you 17 weeks to get the 2 sets of sov. Add on top of that invader and WL and I think you just answered the question.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Sulorie

Post#24 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:23 pm

So people will suddenly play a lot better, when they can speed up the gear farming and wear the shining sov gear? Reality disagrees with statements like that.
So why does it matter, how many months you need?
Dying is no option.

Toshutkidup

Post#25 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:08 pm

Garamore wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:15 pm
Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:19 am I average 7-10 royals a day without including shards. thats a minimum 50 a week and I havent done a single city since April 2020. Im not full SoV as Im Wl/SoV mix and have 50 Gold bags just sitting in my backpack + 700 Royal crests i have just sitting there.. so disagree all you want
You play 7 days a week - and will still take you 17 weeks to get the 2 sets of sov. Add on top of that invader and WL and I think you just answered the question.
Well I don’t play 7 days a week never have. My point is the drop rate is fine, it takes few months to get too end gear without much effort and if running in a premade 6 man you can farm crests very very quickly and be done within a month if not weeks.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Garamore

Post#26 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:26 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:23 pm So people will suddenly play a lot better, when they can speed up the gear farming and wear the shining sov gear? Reality disagrees with statements like that.
So why does it matter, how many months you need?
The average pug won't get better in sov - but at least they cant blame it on the gear :)

The average pug doesn't play 6 mans and have 5 mates to pass on crests so they gear quickly, its a long grind for them and many give up.

We need average pugs to fill the lakes and keep the game going.

Need to cater for the masses - people will always play at the extremes - so what if your elitist gets the gear in 2 days instead of the 2 weeks people are indicating - they probably already have many sov chars by now. Make a difference for average pug or the late game joiner who can see light at the end of a tunnel and keep them playing. No need to fear them having the same gear as you, as you say, they aren't that good.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

wonshot

Post#27 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:42 pm

Wasnt there a statement around city siege release that it was expected to take the average casual player a year to get full sove or something like that.

Well that year has passed, so naturally now would be a good time to evaluate if that lengthy gearing process should be adjusted, and i kinda agree getting óne shard for killing a high rank player and then having to win the roll against your group, is not speading up the royal gearing process and it will not make more players chase after higher rank pvp kills solely because of shards. Atleast not at a 5:1 convertion rate. 2:1 or 1:1 would make those rr 80+ players a real target, and sure if you can kill them you should get that extra reward imho.

Tryhards and established players already have a way to lessen this royal grind, maybe its time to give the casuals a hand-out lesser grind to close the geargab abit (again) who knows maybe it will actually promote killing instead of flipping empty keeps.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Talladego

Post#28 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:44 pm

As someone who plays multiple alts, my royal crests are spread out over multiple toons. Of course I chose to play that way because sticking with one toon is just too boring for me. However even with all the time spent playing the game, progress is painfully slow because of that. In my opinion making royal crests account bound would lessen the grindiness of sticking with one toon without reducing the effort required to earn them.

Ads
Jastojan

Post#29 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:24 pm

As OP wrote - I agree. Cities are here for 2 years and there are lot of players playing open zones only. I played 25-30 cities maybe? Only 2 of them were fun to play, but what should I do if I want to progress and get better eq? For me it is pointless to play content which I do not enjoy. Even if shards would by replaced by royals it would take damn lot of time to get full sov.

Isio

Post#30 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:48 pm

Casual Incompetent Players ruin every game they touch.

The system works pretty well and its not a real grind as other MMOs
This game is based on groups, guilds and alliance who works together to do something good in zones, city and LOTD soon.

There is a Main character and alts for one "reason".
The real problem of this game is people who play it, people who change realm when there are equal forces in both sides, just to zerg and push back a zone for no reason or when city incoming.

Forts and city not done can double the time you need to gear.

City can be the most tactical and fun content with the right people, the endgame of this game is not for casuals, don't try to destroy it.

Stop blaming, we are not paying to play this game.

There are many post who say "increase player base of RoR" we don't need more players, we need competent players. I'm able to have fun even with 50v50.