Recent Topics

Ads

2-Handed Choppa Mastery & Design Overhaul

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Arbich
Suspended

Re: 2-Handed Choppa Mastery & Design Overhaul

Post#21 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:36 am

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:16 am
Arbich wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:59 am mhm... first I thought you mean the outgoing healdebuff, but you really want to remove the incoming healdebuff from choppa? And thats for buffing the 2hand choppa which is a single target class? Sounds like a terrible idea.

Your bloody butcher ability idea sounds a bit too strong for a 5pt ability, as it would work with all attacks (including AoE) as I understand it. Maybe I am wrong?

And I don´t understand your complain about slow weapon speed and lack of burst. In general slower weapon speed = higher burst. So why would you want to increase weapon speed and at the same time lament about lack of burst? Maybe I missunderstand you. You mean proccs?
"Your bloody butcher ability idea sounds a bit too strong for a 5pt ability, as it would work with all attacks (including AoE) as I understand it. Maybe I am wrong?". It's equivalent to Rampage. It's only fair Choppa get's a similar skill to such a strong skill like Rampage. And increasing chance of critical hits isn't as powerful as increasing critical hit DAMAGE. It's also only increases when you have critically hit a target, it doesn't just give you a flat 15% damage increase, which would be too boring, really.

As for two handed axe, no, they don't do better damage, generally. They can do more burst damage per hit, but that only shines in PVE where you aren't being attacked in return by anything other than basic Autoattacks. Let me explain:

The 2h weapon, does roughly about 40.5 points more damage than a 1h weapon equivalently. But that doesn't mean anything if I can attack with two peoples dealing the same amount of damage in half the time it takes to get one shot off with the two hander. The weapon may deal more default damage, but the speed reduction, on top of the fact the singular hit may not crit at all, reduces the standard output of damage.

Imagine it like this: I have a selection of three clubs. One is a large club, I can only wield it by itself. The other two clubs are smaller, lighter, but I can swing them around at the same time and maximize the amount of times I get to hit on a frequent basis. So, while the blow from the 2h axe MAY be hard hitting, if it is:

>defended
>parried
>blocked
>doesn't crit
I still have no means of bypassing those issues, whereas I still get 1/2 chance to recover and hit again with 1h weapons. And because I am a choppa and will be in the thick of fighting, I have the chance of hitting multiple targets at the same time, which again increases my damage output potential. Excluding the Order posters who are trying to troll the thread and deny the Hitta Choppa requiring any kind of rework, they couldn't be lying through their teeth more than they already are. Why do you think you never see Hitta choppa's other than the odd one out who is soloing ? Really now, "1-800-Come-On 8-) ".

EDIT: Forgot to mention, yes, the heal debuffing system on choppa is worthless. It shouldn't even be a feature, it's too far removed from the choppa's primary purpose.
Your Bloody Butcher ability probably is a 15% crit chance increase for AoE... And Choppa already have tactic for crit dmg increase.

About the weapon speed you talk about sustained dmg not burst then? I agree, faster weapons are better for this.

Would you like a +100% damage on target ability for choppa? The incoming healdebuff is basically this. A bit exxagered ;) but you really miss the value of incoming healdebuff. Outgoing is also nice, but has more limited value for obvious reasons.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Atropik

Post#22 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:46 am

Arbich wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:59 am mhm... first I thought you mean the outgoing healdebuff, but you really want to remove the incoming healdebuff from choppa? And thats for buffing the 2hand choppa which is a single target class? Sounds like a terrible idea.
Choppa has enough tools to give hard time to any healer (st cd increase, crit. debuff, inc healdebuff), they dont really need outgoing hdbf on top of it. plus they have to run permared to use it properly, plus there is no way choppa is a st heal killler, cause lack of cc and mobility. But dmg is nice, - the strongest nuke they have, the debuff itself has no sence and could be replaced with something more useful.

Arbich wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:59 amAnd I don´t understand your complain about slow weapon speed and lack of burst. In general slower weapon speed = higher burst. So why would you want to increase weapon speed and at the same time lament about lack of burst? Maybe I missunderstand you. You mean proccs?
Generally yes, slower weapon = higher burst, but this does not work for choppa. With slow 2h weapon you will have 2-3 heavy aa nukes at the very beginning of the fight and it works if you play WL - you can spot a weak destro - preload cc, pounce in, and nuke hard and retreat if smth goes wrong, or say WE could use 2H - that would be a blast xd. But if we take lets say, 10-12 second time stamp, - dual wield aa will reach and overcome the 2h dps output by approximately 30%.
Nicelook | Obey

TenTonHammer

Post#23 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:44 pm

Don't know what anyone acts like outgoing hd on Choppa is good and defends it's value

Everyone knows if you want an outgoing hd you bring a BG with soul killer basically unclenseable with 100% uptime and it doesn't require your DPS to drop their dmg to apply it

No more helpin is basically a trash ability

Arbich
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:47 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:44 pm Don't know what anyone acts like outgoing hd on Choppa is good and defends it's value

Everyone knows if you want an outgoing hd you bring a BG with soul killer basically unclenseable with 100% uptime and it doesn't require your DPS to drop their dmg to apply it

No more helpin is basically a trash ability
We are talking about the incoming healdebuff...
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

TenTonHammer

Post#25 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:50 pm

Arbich wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:47 pm

We are talking about the incoming healdebuff...
Yeah i made the same mistake and thought they were talking about outgoing hd

Sinisterror

Post#26 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:20 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:21 am
Sinisterror wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:54 pm Hmm what if black orc Not in da face would decrease def target cooldowns for 5 sec 10 sec dur and 20 sec cd. And change choppa chop fasta would be 2 hits like sm DT first hit is direct aoe dmg semi high and second hit applies 6 sec aoe dot that works like bleed em all but last hit is very high dmg. All blorcs and choppas would go for this im sure.
Chop Fasta is fine as it is. I do want to see the "Extra Choppin" tactic reworked though. Or just removed and give the ability it buffs the standard effect, excluding the damage debuff. Also the self rez tactic is funny but a worthless meme. It should be reworked or replaced.
Yeah it is fine BUT changin it to 8 sec CD double hit aoe attack where first is semi high direct aoe dmg and second hit inflicts 6 sec aoe dot ticks every 1,5 seconds and dmg increases over time and last hit is big dmg. That would make choppa's dmg lot better and giving black orc himself and def target 5sec CD reducer for 10 seconds cooldown 20 sec. So tank would have this skill and it is not full grp like SM version but it would be on black orc + def target.It is middle skill not the highest on tree so blorc's could have interesting chance in both shield spec and 2h specs. Blorc would have UNIQUE skill reducing CD's of someone even outside of grp + himself. Not as good as SM version but still very nice.

Also changin SH/AM fodg/eov to 3 second cooldown instead of 5 and CD reducers not working on that skill. Making bleed em out core and move Tired Already? on it's place and No More Helpin' is now 9 point skill that would reduce both incoming/outgoing heals 25%. New 13 point skill 'HealBreaker' that removes 3 hot's from target and doing dmg for each one removed. OR 'for 3 seconds all healing on target is calculated and returned as dmg to target after 3 seconds.

Something like those sounds much more interesting to me than current versions.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Whyumadbro

Post#27 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:25 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:30 pm "But the overhaul the specc is very low priority for the devs and aoe specc is also very fun to play". And Hitta shouldn't be? Aside from that why would balancing a class be a low priority for the devs?
i never said hitta shoudnt be fun, just that the devs said themself, that the overhaul is low priority atm....

battlebaby

Post#28 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:29 am

Nice post. Da Choppa hittz.

Ads