Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
mynban

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#221 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:29 am

Razid1987 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:01 pm I'll be honest, have considered a few times the last couple of months of returning to the game, but the sub-1k active players doing EU prime time (Which has been the case every single time, I've checked) makes me quite nervous about the state of the game and it's player base. Sadly seems almost like a gamble to remerge yourself into this beloved game, at this point.
I believe right now it is one of the biggest contributors. In Oceania timezone, numbers barely wave around 200~. And most oceania players now only play during when NA/EU overlap happens.

I know it is a dead horse that is not gonna revive, but NB lost us 200-300 average pop here in oceania zone. losing several hundred people doesn't impact EU primetime as much, since remaining pop is enough for game activity. In oceania case it killed off the game for the remaining people.

Only thing I can think of is some special considerations around how game mechanics can adjust around low pop timezones, because I know NA is also heading towards where we are. Those considerations might include;

- lower limit on forts places for low pop. current limit acts as no limit. We often see 1:3 to 1:2 attacker/defender in low pop times, and actual limit is not doing anything at all, All T4 attacker faction can easily fit in forts, making forts even worse then they already are. For the content that is gated for invader grind this is making realm balance so much worse.

-24vs24 city in low pop times is stupid. We dont even get a 3rd instance. It needs to go down to 12 vs 12 during low pop times.

Propbably a lot more needs to be done, so that 200-300 population range still ends up with meaningful gameplay. As it stands now, people dont even bother. And this is creating a compounding effect with NB not being anymore; people who stay away from game a while, find it not worth the bother getting used to keyboard olympics to check it out again.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#222 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am

I don't think the removal was necessary but a significant pop reduction by removing of one single addon would need further explanation.
I think people are picking the easiest argument available.

EDIT:braindead typo.
Last edited by Sulorie on Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dying is no option.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#223 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:06 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am I don't think the removal was nessesarry but a significant pop reduction by removing of one single addon would need further explanation.
Was a unnecesary change, made for whatever reasons, and ppl got really pissed for the NB removal.... really what have ror gained with this change?

mynban

Post#224 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:14 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am I don't think the removal was nessesarry but a significant pop reduction by removing of one single addon would need further explanation.
I guess you are asking how did NB removal result in such big population loss? I can explain what my friends list went through at that time.

One day we logged in and skills not working anymore (everything is constant 3sec GCD), then they ask around wtf is going on and they learn NB is removed from game with a small line notice in patch notes. They ask whether there is something similar that reduces number of keybinds required, and the answer is all other similar addons (even ones with 0 conditionals) stopped working as well. Game suddenly became 30+ button.
At that point some of us had razor nagas that were collecting dust, so we plugged them back and adjusted, some werent so lucky. Some folks had regular mouses (not even side buttons). Most those people were semi casuals who would alt-hop mostly playing on several chars. At that point sequencer was not even in the planning to be made. After quite a long wait first version of sequencer drops and it completely sucks ass. No way of sugar coating it.

This is equivalant of LoL switching to a 20+ button gameplay overnight with no notice and telling people that 'they wanted to do it'.

NB was the 3rd highest downloaded addon in WAR history. Transition out of it was the worst way devs could have done it. Dalen's pet project ranked required blood sacrifice of NB, and he did it in the most arrogant way possible. Oceania timezone is a wasteland now. Dalen probably wanted ranked to be his legacy, but killing off low pop timezones is his real legacy.

He could have blocked NB in ranked only, but no. He had to rub it in. Guess how people react to that, after playing with NB being part of the game since forever.

Alfa1986

Post#225 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:01 pm

the fact of the matter is that they removed not regular addon, but a part of the interface to which people are accustomed for 13 years. with the same success they could remove hot bars or warcamps in zones with flyattendants, and move between zones by means of ordinary roads as in vanilla WoW.) it would be more realistic and truly, but not so comfortable.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

normanis

Post#226 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:14 pm

mynban wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:14 am
I guess you are asking how did NB removal result in such big population loss? I can explain what my friends list went through at that time.

One day we logged in and skills not working anymore (everything is constant 3sec GCD), then they ask around wtf is going on and they learn NB is removed from game with a small line notice in patch notes. They ask whether there is something similar that reduces number of keybinds required, and the answer is all other similar addons (even ones with 0 conditionals) stopped working as well. Game suddenly became 30+ button.
At that point some of us had razor nagas that were collecting dust, so we plugged them back and adjusted, some werent so lucky. Some folks had regular mouses (not even side buttons). Most those people were semi casuals who would alt-hop mostly playing on several chars. At that point sequencer was not even in the planning to be made. After quite a long wait first version of sequencer drops and it completely sucks ass. No way of sugar coating it.

This is equivalant of LoL switching to a 20+ button gameplay overnight with no notice and telling people that 'they wanted to do it'.

NB was the 3rd highest downloaded addon in WAR history. Transition out of it was the worst way devs could have done it. Dalen's pet project ranked required blood sacrifice of NB, and he did it in the most arrogant way possible. Oceania timezone is a wasteland now. Dalen probably wanted ranked to be his legacy, but killing off low pop timezones is his real legacy.

He could have blocked NB in ranked only, but no. He had to rub it in. Guess how people react to that, after playing with NB being part of the game since forever.
nb was too good if u fully maxed skills there. addon placed correct abilities from positions (behind) when u attack target. there is humen seconds to press button or u press button 1 and addon think what abilitie should now be applied with 1sec gcd). offc u need fully make nb to work like that (u need knowledge) its make pro players more pro byt also lower gap between noobs like me and tham. after nb removal pro stay pro, but noobs just need think what abbilitie u sacrefice (dont use) and what will be main spam.
ps after nb removal aslo plan-b work shity and its still not fixed. there is dosen planb fix stuff in addon idrinth and bugtracker byt none working. so bring back oceanic population is reduce awailable zones opened, lower aoe cap. and u can respawn in keep if u are near keep. maby it will make defenders defend keep not farm boxrunners. with good team even 24 defenders can defend certain time the keep. byt because of aoe 24 cap defenders are melted by attacker zerg. 24 aoecap is gamebreaking
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Acidic

Post#227 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:55 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am I don't think the removal was unnecessary but a significant pop reduction by removing of one single addon would need further explanation.
Would not say easiest , more like most convenient for thier agenda

Lawmay

Post#228 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:20 am I don't think the removal was unnecessary but a significant pop reduction by removing of one single addon would need further explanation.
Often the simplest explanation is the correct one. There are other factors, sure. But its easily the biggest.

Ads
Dan666

Post#229 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:37 pm

my honest opinion

some user try to find excuse why the population go down but

he all know the cause why the server population go down , is not the fault of other game ,

i will dont talk much about it because some here are in deny ,

i think everyone are agree . he all like warhammer , and is sad looking the game like this with a very low population , to be honest i dont have much hope the population go up because the time you are in deny you continue in the same directions mean your population continue to go down 1+1=2 , from a destro player perspective compare the old warhammer mean live server , i just feel nerf to the ground and is not very fun to be -20% nerf this is my feedback thank you

Ummi

Post#230 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:23 am

I am interested in what you did there with wh. If he kills easily now SnB tank in solo. Now I began to understand why very few players play for destruction. Do you plan to increase the blocking for the change of side? The point is, as it stands, it is just a formality. Thank you.