Recent Topics

Ads

How to get ROR population up.

Let's talk about... everything else
ChicagoJoe

Re: How to get ROR population up.

Post#91 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:19 pm

1. Please review changes to classes and realm for pvp balance - there really are more things the devs can do to discourage zerging. I have suggested some as have others. Reward fighting back more or you will have more jump to the winning side. Just try it or soon you may have no reason to pvp.
2. Please listen to the lifeblood of the pvp aspect of this game, the folks who lead and organize. If some guilds come back it can solve #1
3. Please review add on changes that may have impacted population. Don’t pretend nothing happened that turned off folks in #2.

Look some of the the population drop is time of year and other games but it could be bad to assume that things will just get better like it did before. You added a ton of new content to address previous drops. You don’t have the equivalent pvp new adds like fortresses and cities. Fixing large scale pvp is key. Repair what has turned off population that left. This is pvp game. You need p for pvp.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Drednes

Post#92 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:48 am

we just need some class changes we need something new
the AM/Shaman are classes i wouldnt want to be next to get a change but the devs said they are (if the q&a plan still holds up)
id say chosen and knight should have been first !NO HORRIBLE AURA CLICKING FFS PLEASE!

mogt

Post#93 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:50 pm

again guys. the devs here are volunteers and they do it in their freetime, many players cry they want fix many things, all know how hard is that all, if you have just limited resssoures, they devs are not a big cmpany etc, please dont forget this

Alubert

Post#94 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:25 pm

mogt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:09 pm very easy the player must learn to play, with the own skills and why you lie, never the population is cut to half. you forget so many things, i said it to you, many other games come out, the the lockdown, in diffrent lands go away, the players are more outside, it is easy to say the population cut half, but you are wrong, you want say you are fine, with that, that a addon decide, which skills you use instead you as player decide this, how a bad player you are???, that is the same if you say; i drive a car if the ki drive the car and you sit at the driver seat.
What are you talking about? On the first day after blocking NB half of my guild as well as other players quit the game. Some of them because they can't imagine changing game style after several years and some of them went with them to other games like GW2, ESO (NW whatever someone says is not a pvp game). I came back to war but losing NB is painful especially for some classes and builds.
You are probably one of the zerg players where the rotation is bomb, bomb, morale drop, bomb, bomb.
In a more advanced play style (single target) the NB loss is very disruptive.
Somehow you can't accept this so I'll repeat it to you.
NB blocking is responsible for most population drain.
Another element responsible for player outflow is blocking real rr growth above 80rr and lack of target equipment for higher rr levels. They don't have to be much different than sov/warlord/trim but they have to be the goal itself.
Like it or not it attracts players.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Internetbaron

Post#95 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:13 pm

I am full on casual who plays RoR from time to for a weeks.

I just played around 30 hours on different destro chars in the last days and my enjoyment right now is very little.

Scs on mid tier chars are the most fun things.

oRvR felt like a complete time waste. We had a few nice defenses and one succesful fortress but despite that it was mostly getting zerged. I think my fortress count is 1 won vs 5 lost and for me
the mindblowing thing is that losing a fortress doesnt even give you any decent credit. You get punished for showing up to a battle which will be lost most likely because you have less numbers.
Thhis discourages even more people to show up. I feel like I hit a complete roadblock to progress.

I understand that the winning site should get more rewards obviously but even the losing side should get decent rewards to climb up the gear spiral.
In my eyes the losing faction should also get 50% or the rewards and a loot roll....

The amount of PuG Warbands was generally low and it was very easy for organized Warbands to dominate a zone.
I see people here talking that so many High RR players quit and thats why there are low numbers but thats only partial true.

The lack of casuals is for me very obvious in oRvR.

I am discouraged to keep playing because I dont want to Grind hundreds of hours for an amour sets that is not at the top lvl (invader) and what would come after that just frightens me.
As a recommendation I would like to see a change in the rewards system which focuses more on time spend playing than winning.

Someone who zergs 5 forts will get at least 10 inv Marks + possible 1 Bag so he has 1.5 inv Parts while someone who tried to deff and lost all 5 has like 0 contribution while playing the same amount of time. There is zero reason to stay and try it for a 6th time if you could just join the zerg.

I had the same experience 2 yeards ago when I played on Order. It was impossible to win the event scs on weekends. You had to win 5 for the t3 rewards and it took me 8-12h on one Char to snag 5 wins. After multiple weekends I quit the game because I felt locked out from half the content( It didnt help that city sieges were only a club of premades to play it). While someone on Destro side could get the same rewards in 2 hours and that differnce in time spend for rewards is just unfair. The design there should more on playing the scs than winning it. Objective with: play it X time, do mechanic X a few times etc. instead of win it 5 times , win with all bases in your position are not very balanced because there are a joke to premades and an multiple hour grind for PuGs.

To make currency upgradeable to higher tiers maybe up to invader would also benefit the invested time. It makes the game undesirable when you log on and you have to hope to finally win something to get progress, people want to get steady progress by playing and spending time.

aryvandaar

Post#96 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:29 pm

Internetbaron wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:13 pm To make currency upgradeable to higher tiers maybe up to invader would also benefit the invested time. It makes the game undesirable when you log on and you have to hope to finally win something to get progress, people want to get steady progress by playing and spending time.
It would be cool to see that implemented.

During the few months I've played RoR, that is probably one of the things that stuck out to me. After playing both sides a bit, it does seem to me that it's mostly balanced between the two factions and who wins or loses.

Another thing that I wish were the case, is if there was some small rr points reward for doing PvE in the game. What does people here think of that? It doesn't have to be much, but just so that doing PvE doesn't feel like a waste of time.

BluIzLucky

Post#97 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:11 pm

PvE is 2-5 times faster per time spent than equivalent PvP gear and has very good sets (stat- and appearance-wise) and some BIS items, that's why you do it.
After that you do it for stalward stones or to earn gold (either from crafting or getting paid as tank/healer to help).

While I'd be happy with 0.5-1k renown for each dungeon wing main boss, now you barely get renown for non-killing PvP objectives so good luck convincing devs and rest of community ;)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Hienzwar

Post#98 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:55 pm

Hardly log in these days for a number of reasons, however game is less pug friendly then it was and for the attention ranked has had its really the causal player which make this game tick, numbers in zones = more fun.

I don't buy into the NB nonsense, unless you have an impairment which stops you from playing then adapt.

Promotion of ROR is difficult for obvious reasons but more can be done on engagement of the community and fandom through the socials, make it attractive for a new or returning player to join, target long-tail keywords, start guest blogging with established content creators during live events.

Ads
Pumped

Post#99 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:07 pm

Is there ever going to be a scenario shuffle, or am I doomed to play dwarf scs for the rest of my life?

space44

Post#100 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 am

the best way to get a population up is to spread hugs and joys in the world of war and hammers.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.