Recent Topics

Ads

no more crying, lets play.

Let's talk about... everything else
GrishnakBlagtoof

Re: no more crying, lets play.

Post#71 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:58 pm

penagos22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:48 pm
A year or more ago you had the order crying here, which caused the current situation, people are more focused on coming to the forums to cry than playing the game, and when the crying doesn't get anywhere they go away, I know that from that I myself was in that situation. The healthiest thing again is to start playing and for the devs to cut off the feedback and the hope that we have to change the game in the forum and not in the game itself.
But you said a few times that when Order was weakest and Destruction was stronger, "Order just played and never complained".....now you're admitting that Order did and that's what got us here now.

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:34 pm I don't know about the other few devs that work on balance, but the only thing I mildly pay attention to in these threads are whether people are openly breaking the rules and misdirecting their balance frustration into abuse towards the people responsible for it.

If you want to see any wild rants turned into balance changes, you know where to post them. Everything else is just forum PvP and no one wins.
It's definitely a touchy situation. But I think maybe it's more like venting than anything else? At least that's what I get out of it. Can't speak for anyone else. :mrgreen:
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads
penagos22

Post#72 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:58 pm
A year or more ago you had the order crying here, which caused the current situation, people are more focused on coming to the forums to cry than playing the game, and when the crying doesn't get anywhere they go away, I know that from that I myself was in that situation. The healthiest thing again is to start playing and for the devs to cut off the feedback and the hope that we have to change the game in the forum and not in the game itself.
But you said a few times that when Order was weakest and Destruction was stronger, "Order just played and never complained".....now you're admitting that Order did and that's what got us here now.

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:34 pm I don't know about the other few devs that work on balance, but the only thing I mildly pay attention to in these threads are whether people are openly breaking the rules and misdirecting their balance frustration into abuse towards the people responsible for it.

If you want to see any wild rants turned into balance changes, you know where to post them. Everything else is just forum PvP and no one wins.
It's definitely a touchy situation. But I think maybe it's more like venting than anything else? At least that's what I get out of it. Can't speak for anyone else. :mrgreen:
I am not admitting anything, from the beginning I said that the one who complained the most was me, the one who cried the most was me and with those cries we carry ror in the situation that this is. Hey, don't attack me, you can see that you are frustrated and, since I was in your situation, I tell you that this is not the way. read the thread from the beginning.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#73 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:20 am

penagos22 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 am

I am not admitting anything, from the beginning I said that the one who complained the most was me, the one who cried the most was me and with those cries we carry ror in the situation that this is. Hey, don't attack me, you can see that you are frustrated and, since I was in your situation, I tell you that this is not the way. read the thread from the beginning.
I'm not attacking you in any way and I have read the whole thread several times to make sure I'm participating positively and expressing my point clearly. You want us to suck it up and log in and play even if it's simply unfun for some people.....not ME, of course....I'm hopelessly addicted and so happy to be back in Warhammer, so I always have something to do in-game. :mrgreen:

But like I said, I'm trying to understand where you're coming from, I just can't. You have said over and over in this thread that you and Order players just sucked it up and played and dealt with whatever imbalance you claim there was. I've been saying that's untrue, because if Order didn't complain and push about an imbalance, changes wouldn't have been made and we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place, right? :mrgreen:
It's so much so, that you have also said that you'd be fine if it went back to those days if it meant people would just log in and play more.

Right now, in-game on Destruction, there is a very real perceived imbalance. Whether it's true or not, people FEEL it is. People talk numbers in abilities, they talk specs career by career in comparison of each other, there's a large portion of the population that simply feels it's pointless to try. Either people feel that there's a fundamental power disparity between the careers in favour of Order, or there's 2 Warbands or more of Order to maybe 1 or even just ½ of a Destruction Warband and we get rolled and even with high AAO....tonight's AAO hit 400% and nobody felt it was much worth it. Right now, as I type this, only 213 people are in-game. When I came in little over a month ago, it was consistently 600-800 and I was running Warbands and while we still had AAO, it wasn't 400%.

At the very least, the balance really needs to be looked at deeper, and a discussion should happen. There's a reason Order outnumbers Destruction 2:1 or even 3:1, there's a reason people are being so vocal about power disparity. And it's beyond the occasional "I lost in a 1v1, nerf them" throwaway post. We see post after post about a power disparity and imbalance between the career mirrors. If it's true, I believe it'll be dealt with. If it's not, then we'll have our answers. Either way, the community and game will benefit greatly. It's a win/win! :mrgreen:

Like I have said over and over, I love this game to no end. I don't want it to go. It would be crushing. I want it to be healthy, competitive, growing and remain the best Siege and PvP Battle game in MMORPG History. We are all here because we LOVE Warhammer and RoR is OUR game! We have to work together as a community to get this sorted so we can get back to killing each other every night. :mrgreen:
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

penagos22

Post#74 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:41 pm

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:20 am
penagos22 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:28 am

I'm not attacking you in any way and I have read the whole thread several times to make sure I'm participating positively and expressing my point clearly. You want us to suck it up and log in and play even if it's simply unfun for some people.....not ME, of course....I'm hopelessly addicted and so happy to be back in Warhammer, so I always have something to do in-game. :mrgreen:

But like I said, I'm trying to understand where you're coming from, I just can't. You have said over and over in this thread that you and Order players just sucked it up and played and dealt with whatever imbalance you claim there was. I've been saying that's untrue, because if Order didn't complain and push about an imbalance, changes wouldn't have been made and we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place, right? :mrgreen:
It's so much so, that you have also said that you'd be fine if it went back to those days if it meant people would just log in and play more.

Right now, in-game on Destruction, there is a very real perceived imbalance. Whether it's true or not, people FEEL it is. People talk numbers in abilities, they talk specs career by career in comparison of each other, there's a large portion of the population that simply feels it's pointless to try. Either people feel that there's a fundamental power disparity between the careers in favour of Order, or there's 2 Warbands or more of Order to maybe 1 or even just ½ of a Destruction Warband and we get rolled and even with high AAO....tonight's AAO hit 400% and nobody felt it was much worth it. Right now, as I type this, only 213 people are in-game. When I came in little over a month ago, it was consistently 600-800 and I was running Warbands and while we still had AAO, it wasn't 400%.

At the very least, the balance really needs to be looked at deeper, and a discussion should happen. There's a reason Order outnumbers Destruction 2:1 or even 3:1, there's a reason people are being so vocal about power disparity. And it's beyond the occasional "I lost in a 1v1, nerf them" throwaway post. We see post after post about a power disparity and imbalance between the career mirrors. If it's true, I believe it'll be dealt with. If it's not, then we'll have our answers. Either way, the community and game will benefit greatly. It's a win/win! :mrgreen:

Like I have said over and over, I love this game to no end. I don't want it to go. It would be crushing. I want it to be healthy, competitive, growing and remain the best Siege and PvP Battle game in MMORPG History. We are all here because we LOVE Warhammer and RoR is OUR game! We have to work together as a community to get this sorted so we can get back to killing each other every night. :mrgreen:
"you have said over and over in this thread that you and Order players just sucked it up and played and dealt with whatever imbalance you claim there was. I've been saying that's untrue, because if Order didn't complain and push about an imbalance, changes wouldn't have been made and we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place, right?"

no, I mean, you're reading what you want, from the beginning I'm saying that because the order cried so much, the nerfs came and didn't solve anything. which is basically what you refuse to see.

i'm saying from where i started the thread, really. It has been explained to you and you continue, you keep complaining about the balance when it is already explained to you that the game was not designed to be balanced, you keep complaining about the balance when it has been explained to you that for years it has been tried to achieve without results, you mention the 1v1 when the game is not about that (yesterday I had a 1v 1 against a DOK in which he crushed me and you do not see me here crying so that they nerf the dok because it is my fault for having been alone at that time), basically You are not going to stop until a GM DM you and tell you "mr Grish what changes he wants us to make" and when what you say is done a Grish will arrive but from the order to say that he is nerfed and that he is an underdog.

then the destro will answer the Grish of the order in the forums (as they used to do) ......... git gud

Littleone

Post#75 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:19 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am
penagos22 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:03 pm #wipeallchanges #mythiclike
I'd be on board with this, to be honest.
I feel very strongly about this, to the point where I'd rejoin the dev team to see that happen.

RoR has gone far off-base with balance. Live was something familiar that everyone could really agree on. It would also fit in well with existing systems.
+1 as well. I wonder if it would be possible to have an alternative server where all changes are wiped back to Mhytic version. Somehow I am almost sure it would outpopulate the current server in a very short period of time :). However, there are years of sweat shed by dev team to bring the RoR to where it is at the moment. It is just there is something rotten when it comes to class and realm balance. Yet I am also curious about the balance patch before ranked season 3. Fingers crossed.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#76 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:07 pm

penagos22 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:41 pm
"you have said over and over in this thread that you and Order players just sucked it up and played and dealt with whatever imbalance you claim there was. I've been saying that's untrue, because if Order didn't complain and push about an imbalance, changes wouldn't have been made and we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place, right?"

no, I mean, you're reading what you want, from the beginning I'm saying that because the order cried so much, the nerfs came and didn't solve anything. which is basically what you refuse to see.

i'm saying from where i started the thread, really. It has been explained to you and you continue, you keep complaining about the balance when it is already explained to you that the game was not designed to be balanced, you keep complaining about the balance when it has been explained to you that for years it has been tried to achieve without results, you mention the 1v1 when the game is not about that (yesterday I had a 1v 1 against a DOK in which he crushed me and you do not see me here crying so that they nerf the dok because it is my fault for having been alone at that time), basically You are not going to stop until a GM DM you and tell you "mr Grish what changes he wants us to make" and when what you say is done a Grish will arrive but from the order to say that he is nerfed and that he is an underdog.

then the destro will answer the Grish of the order in the forums (as they used to do) ......... git gud
You're refusing to see my point....like I said earlier, our discussion is pointless because you keep saying you're fine with the imbalance. Any imbalance, regardless of side, is wrong. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I appreciate you trying to explain your point of view. Let's hope things work out for us both.

See you on the field!
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Frisks

Post#77 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:50 pm

Personally i left when they nerfed BO

havartii

Post#78 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:29 pm

Shaman got hit pretty hard too
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#79 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:35 am

mogt wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:33 pm on live the vlance very terrible, the players that they want this how live it was, they are brainless, on live the players must just smah buttons wothout use brain and here is different, here the players must use brain and knowledge about the different charachters, here the learn curve is fine on live there you dont neeed learn crbe, there you had the better gear and thwat was all, this way are very very bad, and itis easy to cry we want live nack etc, but the devs here dont want that and this is very very good, learn to play is importaner as other things
"Live was terrible" becuase the game was a broken buggy mess like maras 50% armor pen tactic affected all attacks stc

And it may have been a mess but it was our mess

When People recall AoR and say "man I miss that game" and others respond "hey check out RoR"

They come here to play AoR and not "How AoR would be if it catered to the personal desires of the specific individuals that make up the RoR dev team"

This game has diviated so far from the AoR of old that's it's almost like a different game in terms of balance and design and one faction clearly came out worse for it

Aethilmar

Post#80 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:00 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:35 am This game has diviated so far from the AoR of old that's it's almost like a different game in terms of balance and design and one faction clearly came out worse for it
Did that faction really come out worse?
Does Destro actually lose in head to head matchups more?

City numbers (anecdotally) suggest not and are usually relatively balanced in final outcome.
Ranked ratings also suggest the faction as a whole can hold its own.
SCs (anecdotally once again) feel about the same.
Maybe Forts are actually harder for Destro now although hard to tell with new mechanics.
And we all (should) know that zone caps are mostly about "the will to win" also known as organization and numbers instead of metas and that may be where destro is lacking atm.

That is, some of the organized guilds (who could still dominate and do very well) are pissed off at X or Y or Z and have left b/c their favorite thing A, B or C was changed and they don't like it. Not that XYZ or ABC is unfair. They just don't like it. So now the faction more frequently gets run over in the lakes.

This is all about attitudes and changing tastes and, quite frankly, people just moving on b/c of other things.