Recent Topics

Ads

Most wanted Order DPS class?

Order must unite, as they are strong in great numbers. Order players look no further! Guild advertisements are posted here.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Disturbedst

Most wanted Order DPS class?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:56 am

Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the most wanted DPS class on Order atm? I've leveled my WP and KOTBS to 80RR and was looking to shake things up with a DPS class. I enjoy all playing all aspects of the game (PvE, Scenarions, RVR...) so would I would prefer a class that is wanted in each aspect. My initial preferences are:
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Engineer
  • Witch Hunter
  • White Lion
I understand that RoR meta is still melee focused but I really dislike the Slayer's appearance. Thanks!

Ads
oaliaen

Re: Most wanted Order DPS class?

Post#2 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:11 am

Slayer / WL

ExcretusMaximus

Post#3 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Anything but a mindless melee blobbing Slayer is going to have trouble finding a group for anything but the most casual of activities.
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

Disturbedst

Post#4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:17 pm

If melee is the only way to go, then how viable are the following classes: Melee SW, WH, WL? I reaaaally don't like the Slayer's appearance :D .

Vri

Post#5 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:26 pm

I feel like we did this one a few months ago. It ended, in a fight regarding slayer balls and order rDPS.

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:02 pm

a lot depends on latency too. I have one of every class, but due to rarely having lower than 150 latency, I tend to play ranged classes more. Witch hunters are great as are White lions, but can get bored at times in wb play, and sieges.

I always see a lot just sitting on their mounts, at a siege, instead of patrolling posterns paths, ganking those otw to keep, or sneaking up on the walls etc, some do, but a lot don`t. Small groups of Witch hunters groups of 2 or 3 same as White lions roaming the lakes can be a lot of fun.

There`s nothing wrong with those classes, try them and see what you prefer, they are good in Scenario groups too, for focusing down targets with assist train, due to high burst damage.

Engy is fun, but unless its changed recently, it still suffers from the same thing it had on live, High armor values in game, and most of it`s damage is dot damage, with long duration , and low damage ticks, that are easy to heal through.

They changed turrents some, to help with dot damage, to lower the duration of the dots, inorder to increase damage which helps some, and they added a armor debuff in rifle tree to help with single target damage. I haven`t tried them lately to see if it really helps, or if its just the same Fluff damage, easily healed through, and helps them build moral for moral bombs . Someone who`s still playing them actively now, can answer this for you.

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:43 pm

Of them, I'd say engi, three nice builds, v good morale bomb with a tanky option so you can join the melee train.

Can't go wrong with WLs.

WHs are very strong late game if you want to go off solo ganking but can be a little grindy getting there.

SW is decent enough now, but I'd recommend Engi over one.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aethilmar

Post#8 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 pm

As noted Slayer/WL for melee.

BW for ranged.

Everything else is for flavor.

Ads
Wiede

Post#9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Rampage so strong u literally can't play anything else than Slayer.

Haha... :D

Disturbedst

Post#10 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:10 pm

Thank you everyone on the feedback!