Recent Topics

Ads

Returning Player, SO STOKED

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BigHeadFoo

Returning Player, SO STOKED

Post#1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Howdy! New to RoR, however I played Warhammer some at launch, and absolutely loved it. Played it on and off until it died, unfortunately. Absolutely loved the RvR/PvP aspect, as my favorite to date MMO was Daoc. Loved the 3 realm RvR, as it is so much better than the arena/instance based PvP that most of the other MMO's have done. So stoked to get home and get this downloaded and get back into it. Loved the idea of your character changing physically as you level up, beard lengthening, etc, and the fact that you could level solely on PvP, without the endless PvE grinding that holds little to no excitement to me as I get older and have less and less time to play!

How is the balance between the factions? Don't want to be on the same side as like A HUGE MAJORITY and be beating up on the "little" guy, I'd much rather if there was an imbalance be on the underdog side.

Ads
don775

Re: Returning Player, SO STOKED

Post#2 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm

Destruction forces are larger, well organized, equipped with better gear by the vast majority, and have the better offense by default.

Order forces are imbalanced, not organized at all (other than handful of guilds) and often inferior in terms of gear, better defender by default.

Many would deny this but cross realming (playin both factions) is a major problem for Order but we have plenty of control freaks so it is a fun experience overall, join Order!

P.S. its worth mentioning this is a heavily teamwork relied game.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:47 pm

You've asked the primary salt inducing question. People will always find external reasons they can't find success. Imagine believing an entire realm is somehow undergeared with no possible way to validate such a claim, for example.

Reality is different, the numbers are close to even most of the time, and population fluctuates over weeks and months. There's no overbearing one realm or the other, it just depends on who is bothering to step up as a leader for each faction to instill some pride and coordination into the pugs.

The most important factor, as ever, is to find a class you enjoy playing, and to play with other people. Doing so will make realm populations not matter, as a coordinated group is exceedingly more likely to find success among a population that skews casual and solo.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

ravezaar

Post#4 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Both Factions have good gear ppl and good Guilds wich u can mostly likely join if u so want, 2020 was Destro dominated, most if not all of 2021 bin Order dominated, last week or so Destro so it goes back & forth tbh. Just pick a class u like and want to play, picking a class others want you to play is the fastest way to boredom so dont let anyone do that for you.

Enjoy and Welcome back
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:53 pm

Welcome back, hope you'll find what you are looking for :)

For the last month+ it's been back and forth, today Order took one fort and got defeated while attempting a second, then destro pushed 6 zones and raided Altdorf.

Just make a character on each side, then you can always help the little man and chase that AAO!
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

BigHeadFoo

Post#6 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Thanks for all the quick replies! Now to try a couple of different classes and see what I am going to feel like playing. I remember for sure trying the Disciple of Khaine or whatever, and possibly BO before? But I also wanted to say I had settled in on Order side originally, so not sure. Experimentation, thy name is fun!

Rhinochild

Post#7 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:17 pm

No need to pick a side. Double your fun and play on both.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:18 pm

Rhinochild wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:17 pm No need to pick a side. Double your fun and play on both.
But play on each side as if it was the only side you played on! Fight for each faction equally.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#9 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:21 am

GamesBond wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:18 pm
Rhinochild wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:17 pm No need to pick a side. Double your fun and play on both.
But play on each side as if it was the only side you played on! Fight for each faction equally.

THIS! ^

-
-

Welcome back, it's good to see new and returning players roll a new toon!
(btw, wasn't "character changing physically" Paul the hype master Barnett's idea? :mrgreen: )
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *