Recent Topics

Ads

[Saga event] suprise

Let's talk about... everything else
Fenris78

Re: [Saga event] suprise

Post#31 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Spoiler:
Vance wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:04 pm Same as Zamoth. Definetely was NOT expecting something like a 5% in all stats item (come on, that is just ridiculious), but also something like a unique permanent mount for example.

You just have to compare the time and effort you put in to get all the tasks done (i.e. honestly 200 dwarf kills for destro only in Barak Varr/Mourkain Temple/Ironclad without any SC pops for those.. 1 in 2 hours maybe with 1-2 dwarfs in it, sometimes no pop at all in the evening).

Do you guys really think those rewards are equivalent to the time and effort you had to put in to get all tasks done? (surely that was not for "free").

Really like the new cities and those quest stuff you can get. Honestely THOSE would have been a better event reward.

Vance / Leechking
Got the same feelings as well ; Definately not expecting something too OP at the end, but if anything, a smal pocket item (similar to the nice little keg we can get in about 5 minutes of questing), with some stats increase like the week-end trinket, heck even a pocket item with a 10th talisman slot and nothing else will be vastly enough to my taste as worthy reward for weeks spent (on 3 characters) completing the whole 4-months long events.

Dont get me wrong ; the pocket item (rock) was a great first reward, events were remotely fun (at least the PvE part, relics pretty well hidden in mostly unvisited places), but to see "only" dwarf/greenskins-themed cosmetic rewards was a bit "meh" ; highly dependant over player's tastes, not always fitting and I guess, for most, a bit disappointing.

I still hope for a 4th part (hopefully shorter) to conclude on a more universal and satifying note (time well spent and all, everone happy, sunshines everywhere).

Anyway, thanks for your time and dedication to the making of such events and new stuff, all very much appreciated on this game ! ;)

Ads
Scottx125

Post#32 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:04 pm

I told people in my guild it wasn't going to be worth doing the event.. and I was right xD. Putting in a perm or even long duration major stat buff that's not easily attainable by everyone would massively imbalance the game. Of course they weren't going to do it.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

zulnam

Post#33 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:51 pm

Neduz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:07 am I just wish the dwarf head worked in the shield slot. It looks really weird holding the head in the same hand as your shield with nothing in your main hand. (Even though it's equipped in your main hand)

Having it as an actual offhand would be nice
You know...

Having trophies wearable on shields...
Sounds f**kin awesome.
And a great incentive for people to play SnB.
Good thinking.

Also, honest to god. Some of you people are so whiny. No one forced you to play; all you were gonna log to play anyway, they gave you FREE content and you are whining because your delusional expectations were not met.

It's not WAAAAGH with you people it's whaaa! Whaaa!

Hope next event is 1000 gunbads. And the tell you reward up front and it's a permanent mount.

And the mount ends up being a kiddie ambulance with a crying baby decal on the side.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

phononHYPE

Post#34 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:32 pm

More importantly, can I get an extra slot on my character to display the head? I like my collection of skulls!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Vri

Post#35 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:59 pm

If you enjoy The Old Wold lore, the event is really cool. I liked all the riddles and relics. I felt a little close to the lore. Sure the lore in game does not line up with GW from time to time but the Old World has room for endless stories and events.

ExcretusMaximus

Post#36 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:11 pm

BackIn2021OldPlanB wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:18 pm Crap event with crappy final reward.

So much PVE torture in an, allegedly, PVP MMORPG for a trolling elite reward.

What PvE? Seriously. What PvE?

A PQ and some relics you need to run to and click on once?

My God, you must have suffered so much!
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

meatcpu

Post#37 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:23 pm

All the BiS verterans in my guild loved this. Truth is, there's plenty of content to improve your stats already. It's nice to see jaded BiS verterans excited about content. I was in a MoM fight where a Sov DoK and one other healer basically carried the day. I doubt he would have been there if it wasn't for this event.

Return to Erkund was really cool and I'd love to see more events where 40's can rvr with T1. It was neat going back and remembering what it was like lvling and not having all the tactics and abilities. I like the attention the events put on the zones and the lore. I found all kinds of Easter eggs and went places I've never had a reason to go.

The pocket item was def worth it. I'm saving the pots for a special occasion, and the orcapult... man. Not to mention the crafting supplies up for grabs. I haven't even bothered to get the cosmetics yet, but the other rewards have been great by themselves!

Thanks guys. I hope you do more events like this for the other races.

Grious

Post#38 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:19 pm

I mean I was not expecting some permanent stat item or anything like that, but I was also under the impression that you needed all 3 elite rewards to unlock something awesome so my disappointment was skewed a bit. Not sure why people were complaining about the PvE part of the series that was some of the best parts tbh. The lore unlocks were a fun look into the world and the PQs were pretty easy even a few levels above them. The RvR portions of the event were easily the weakest part of the event, some of them were easy enough you could just no brain through it but some of them ooh god talk about unfun.

Return to Ekrund gets a special mention for being easily the worst part of the event RvR wise. The idea behind returning to t1 was great, but the power creep did not play well with debolster and it turned into a nightmare for anyone who was actually t1. BO specific quests were ass, even with the SC cheese you could do. The greenskin/dwarf class kills were annoying but only because it was locked to t1 / Ekrund SC which, at least for me decided to stop popping for about a week.

Blood in the Water gets an honorable mention for being locked to an lol6v6 SC and in tier2+ turning into a game of find the AoE spamming healer.

Despite all my bitching, I did overall like the saga despite the rewards falling flat on their face. I just hope in the future they don't do the whole 'mystery reward' junk. If the elite token rewards had been known would I have still done the saga? Of course, it was overall pretty fun but I would not have forced myself to deal with the stupider portions of the event just for the elite rewards. I'm sure many others may feel similar.

TL;DR: Good saga event, but don't high the rewards at the end to try to force people to 100% it.

Ads
kmark101

Post#39 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:31 pm

I'm also pretty disappointed of the rewards of this event. It could have been so much more different and not too powerful, for example:
- new mount as others suggested
- new skin for a weapon/helmet (item with zero stat that you can use as Appearance Item, so no effect on balance)
- zero stat pocket item with a talisman slot (maybe only lvl 36 if max level talismans were too powerful)
- +5% renown permanent pocket item
- some banner item with resurrection charge with 24hrs cooldown
- an event item with 90days that you can "renew" it's expiry with the weekly SC event items

im sure there are plenty other ideas as well..
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Shogun4138

Post#40 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:48 am

Cool questing, lame rewards.

Don't think ill ever do another event like this. The reward should match the time.

Love the cities though!!!
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**