Noslock

Re: City Queue Dodging

Post#11 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:07 am

Wait. People still need city? :lol: :lol:

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:36 am

The everyone queues together and then all the instances spawn at once would solve a lot of problems with regards to queue dodging - which has always been a thing with cities, except how it is achieved has changed over the past 18 months - and it something that's been asked for since cities were introduced.

With regards for the comments about some form of stat-based match-making wouldn't work due to server pop, it's not the case that we want a perfect match or no city instance at all, just that we would like the better geared players on either side to face each other.

Then again, I'm completely biased as I'm fully geared from cities so am only doing them for the hope of a good fight (yes, even the losses).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Naelar

Post#13 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:09 pm

What should be done is to let one side pick their opponents. Whether its the attackers or defenders doesn't matter. Let WBs queue up and one side gets to pick their opponent. That would definitely show who wants a good fight vs who talks a good fight.

(will never happen in a million years. No one on either side has the guts.)

Omegus

Post#14 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:17 pm

Naelar wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:09 pm What should be done is to let one side pick their opponents. Whether its the attackers or defenders doesn't matter. Let WBs queue up and one side gets to pick their opponent. That would definitely show who wants a good fight vs who talks a good fight.

(will never happen in a million years. No one on either side has the guts.)
So you want premades who are dodging and looking for easy fights to have the oppotunity to... dodge and pick an easy fight?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Evilspinnre

Post#15 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:31 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:36 am Then again, I'm completely biased as I'm fully geared from cities so am only doing them for the hope of a good fight (yes, even the losses).
This is common on destro and IMO a large part of the problem - lots of people joining wb's that have no need for gear, just looking for a fight. It is generally the opposite on order - most people stop playing their toons once they are geared and swap to new ones. In the past 3 months, I have been able to make 2 warbands for city that were populated with geared players with a high skill level, and they were able to beat the two top destro warbands. Otherwise, you're better off making a 12 man with people you know and trust.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

abezverkhiy

Post#16 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:54 pm

Best idea is to even city rewards with fort and rvr rewards. The element of uncertainty will cure this problem. And remove population timers from rvr completely.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Bobbiom

Post#17 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Have city siege instance 1 and 2 drop any warlord/sov piece from gold bags. CS 3-4 gloves, boots, belt, cloak warlord/sov from gold bags. The rest of the CS instances just crests.

CountTalabecland

Post#18 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Dodging is a legitimate strategy. The top destro warbands are incredibly OP. I am not going to take a /5 grp against ppl who play together 24/7.

On top of that, the game is designed to pit groups against pugs. Just look at how much the devs love the weekend scens and just telling pugs getting stomped, "git gud find a grp." It is easier and you get the same rewards as fighting tooth and nail against premades. Why would I work harder for same rewards?

Order absolutely dodges, I do it, you'd have to be insane to even think about competing with the best destro OP warbands. You might well spend an hour putting jalapeno juice on your nutsack than getting spawn camped.

Additionally, we should assume all ppl will do what is easiest/most rewarding, and with that theory no one should be surprised that people dodge the fully geared 24man e-sports destro warbands. If the devs want city sieges to pit best v. best, then we will need a matchmaking system and some power scale. Just look at how well that work for ranked :D
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#19 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:27 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 pm Dodging is a legitimate strategy. The top destro warbands are incredibly OP. I am not going to take a /5 grp against ppl who play together 24/7.

On top of that, the game is designed to pit groups against pugs. Just look at how much the devs love the weekend scens and just telling pugs getting stomped, "git gud find a grp." It is easier and you get the same rewards as fighting tooth and nail against premades. Why would I work harder for same rewards?

Order absolutely dodges, I do it, you'd have to be insane to even think about competing with the best destro OP warbands. You might well spend an hour putting jalapeno juice on your nutsack than getting spawn camped.

Additionally, we should assume all ppl will do what is easiest/most rewarding, and with that theory no one should be surprised that people dodge the fully geared 24man e-sports destro warbands. If the devs want city sieges to pit best v. best, then we will need a matchmaking system and some power scale. Just look at how well that work for ranked :D
And that is a source of whole problem. Playing a victim card to legitimate a dodge strategy. Imagine the same kind of people play both destro and order. There is no difference. Its just excuse to exploit city pairing system. Making a /5 warband has same conditions as guild or alliance warband. Getting into one you accept to porform best you can. But many like you treat /5 warband like "nesessary evil" to get gear from city. If you dont want participate in "premade warband" queue as solo.

normanis

Post#20 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:50 pm

its anyway pve with hiting bots second and 3d phase.
if 1 side dodge city its mean no city to athers.
also its order fault pushing nonstop 1/2 star city, that those pushers log to destro for royals.
also for defending u dont get anymore royals/invaders from locked last zone before fort. u dont get royals for defended fort( its all removed ). aaaah so many wholes in system nowonder ppl just use tham to favour tham.
fix 1 bring back old lord system (4 objects control system)
byt again if both sides need put work into pushing zones for city where u get just 3-6 royals , maby we will lose more ppl because u need add effort to get city. so we have what we have.
dodging premades its mean balance problem.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"