Yes
27%
No
73%
Total votes: 209

Battlefield

Re: Is guard too powerful?

Post#111 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:40 am

Good question appeared, why so strong ability as Guard has no cooldown and tanks can easy swap it?

Ads
DokB

Post#112 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:00 am

Battlefield wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:40 am Good question appeared, why so strong ability as Guard has no cooldown and tanks can easy swap it?
Because the TTK/the amount of damage pressure that can be thrown out in this game requires guard to have 0 CD for fast swaps. It was a QoL fix to change Guard to 1 button press when swapping, I don’t think you’ll find any worthwhile tank player who says they miss the old guard swap; not counting buttmad EU players who now no longer enjoy the advantages of good ping which already allowed them to ez swap guard - Now every player can ez swap guard no matter where you play.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Sulorie

Post#113 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:34 am

This thread is still going? Jeez, why?
Dying is no option.

Kaeldrick

Post#114 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:45 am

Some people just want to burry the original game I guess.

This kind of mechanic existed in this current state on official servers. For me, if RoR ends too far from what I liked in WAR, I'll just stop playing.

Guard is fine when you look at it in large scale fights, problem comes from conclusions made about some tiny scale encounters.

Battlefield

Post#115 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:28 am

DokB wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:00 am
Battlefield wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:40 am Good question appeared, why so strong ability as Guard has no cooldown and tanks can easy swap it?
Because the TTK/the amount of damage pressure that can be thrown out in this game requires guard to have 0 CD for fast swaps. It was a QoL fix to change Guard to 1 button press when swapping, I don’t think you’ll find any worthwhile tank player who says they miss the old guard swap; not counting buttmad EU players who now no longer enjoy the advantages of good ping which already allowed them to ez swap guard - Now every player can ez swap guard no matter where you play.
You want to say, the damage is too high in this game? If is it, so maybe need to balance it and guard ability also?

Kaeldrick

Post#116 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:58 am

It's about amount of damage in large scale, it can be insane yes and it's logical : one target can (and should) be focused.

If you reduce damage for this particular context (large scale) because you want to nerf guard, it'll have negative side effects on small scale so you'll have to care about guard but also healing. In this scenario, you'll have to reduce healing too or you won't be able to kill anything... But again, reducing healing for small scale will have side effect on large scale because amount of AOE damage can be insane. And so on...

It's a quite basic point of view but not too far from what's happening now on server. We can continue like this all day long unless a general direction is taken. I'd love it to be large scale but currently I have few hopes.

For me, balance between realms in both small scale and large scale is impossible in this game because of that kind of unique mechanics. Removing or changing them too much kills this game's soul.

Guild Wars 2 may be the game some people here are looking for.

Battlefield

Post#117 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:20 am

Kaeldrick wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:58 am It's about amount of damage in large scale, it can be insane yes and it's logical : one target can (and should) be focused.

If you reduce damage for this particular context (large scale) because you want to nerf guard, it'll have negative side effects on small scale so you'll have to care about guard but also healing. In this scenario, you'll have to reduce healing too or you won't be able to kill anything... But again, reducing healing for small scale will have side effect on large scale because amount of AOE damage can be insane. And so on...

It's a quite basic point of view but not too far from what's happening now on server. We can continue like this all day long unless a general direction is taken. I'd love it to be large scale but currently I have few hopes.

For me, balance between realms in both small scale and large scale is impossible in this game because of that kind of unique mechanics. Removing or changing them too much kills this game's soul.

Guild Wars 2 may be the game some people here are looking for.
I understand, this game of extremes - too high damage, too high healing, too much damage reduction from guard ability without cooldown.... Stupid balance, in any case, 2021 now and need to change something or change the game.
After all, many ask why so many players with defensive builds :D
Last edited by Battlefield on Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

TreefAM

Post#118 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:23 am

It's not a bombling thread but let's see if this can reach 20 pages, lost a bit of steam though since it's just Battlefield rambling.

Ads
Grious

Post#119 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:28 am

How big of a Nerf would it be if they made the guard damage tanks take undefendable?

Acidic

Post#120 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:56 am

Grious wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:28 am How big of a Nerf would it be if they made the guard damage tanks take undefendable?
Would give order a taste of fighting slayers