Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
oaliaen

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#131 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 am

ravezaar wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:15 am when they changed Riposte we Slayers and WH complained but nah that was a "fix" not suppose to be like that, same to Sorcs resist debuff stack then its a "huge Des nerf again" wierd how things goes sometimes

Well...lets be real here... Rampage + Riposte was OP as f.

Ads
ravezaar

Post#132 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:00 am

oaliaen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 am
ravezaar wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:15 am when they changed Riposte we Slayers and WH complained but nah that was a "fix" not suppose to be like that, same to Sorcs resist debuff stack then its a "huge Des nerf again" wierd how things goes sometimes

Well lets be real so was x2 resist debuff
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Caduceus

Post#133 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:17 pm

ravezaar wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:00 am
oaliaen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 am

Well lets be real so was x2 resist debuff

1. Multiple instances of Shadow of Disaster stacking was a bug, and I don't think anyone in this thread takes issue with the fact that it was fixed. One could ask themselves how often double ST spec Sorc is seen outside of zerg surfing, but that's besides the point.

2. What people do take issue with, is the fact that the devs decided to go beyond simply fixing this bug, and (erroneously) started to treat Shadow of Disaster as an ability instead of a tactic, thus not letting it stack with Chosen auras and other abilities that reduce resistance. That is a significant and completely misplaced nerf of ST Sorc, considering the class is and has been struggling in competitive play.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Fenris78

Post#134 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:24 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 am Well...lets be real here... Rampage + Riposte was OP as f.
I dunno why you randomly insert Rampage in there, knowing riposte was and is an undefendable tactic anyway.
The OPness was no icd on the tactic, but it worked for both realms iirc, so every mdps with M1 confusing movement + riposte was OP at the time (and the WH 100% parry build even more).

Now riposte have been nerfed to the point nobody use it anyway, saving maybe one solo slayer.
The tactic is now vastly underperforming outside of 1v1 anyway.

As for spirit debuff stacking, friendly reminder :
- Destru got 2 ranged spirit debuff working with AoE and ST builds (Magus, sorc)
- Order got no ranged elem debuff (no synergy with BW), and Corp debuff pretty much only benefit to AoE engi since BW play AoE anyway.

No debuff should reduce an already low-capped resistance from 40% to zero with class stacking : Destru still got that ability with (non-mirrored) zealot M1.
Order never had the luxury to do the same, Destru still got the strongest debuffs available.

Bozzax

Post#135 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:26 pm

SoD inherits ability group for stacking calculation as it is applied by ability use (chillwind)

In order for an effect (buff/debuff) to be of tactic group it need be applied by a crit, on damage, on hit or on avoidance

So yes it is a 100% correct bugfix
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Caduceus

Post#136 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Bozzax wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:26 pm

SoD inherits ability group for stacking calculation as it is applied by ability use (chillwind)

Tactics that add buffs or debuffs directly to a spell belong in the tactics group, "whether applied directly or indirectly" as stated in the 2015 post by Azarael. Note that as an example it states Warping the Spirit which does both, and both should be treated as belonging to the tactics group.

There is no mention of inheriting groups.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

sogeou

Post#137 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm
Bozzax wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:26 pm

Tactics that add buffs or debuffs directly to a spell belong in the tactics group, "whether applied directly or indirectly" as stated in the 2015 post by Azarael. Note that as an example it states Warping the Spirit which does both, and both should be treated as belonging to the tactics group.

There is no mention of inheriting groups.

So you want devs to buff BW's then. Ok, understood. Then you will cry about the BW buff lol. You guys are so stoopid. ( yes, you get it spelled that way.)

nebelwerfer

Post#138 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Yea i'd rather want a bw buff and sorc buff.. The tactic stacking with auras etc wasn't THAT op tbh, plus they need a leg up in ranked

would be nice if devs started inquiring what the community thinks with the city polling things you had going on for a while - should be helpful data no?

starting to lose faith in the realm champs, but i guess since it was classified as a bug fix they werent involved anyway

Edit: would like to add an apology and retract my statement about losing faith in the realm champs as that is probably unfair and certaintly needlessly negative, sorry!
Last edited by nebelwerfer on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#139 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm

sogeou wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:04 pm
So you want devs to buff BW's then. Ok, understood.

I do. I've been arguing that in all of my many posts concerning Sorc/BW balance.

It would have the most obvious way to deal with this. No unnecessary nerfs for Sorc and a much needed buff (albeit small) for BW.

Then you will cry about the BW buff lol. You guys are so stoopid. ( yes, you get it spelled that way.)

Cute attempt at framing. I guess that's all you have, now that the facts are on the table? Stop making a fool of yourself.

sogeou

Post#140 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:58 pm

Caduceus wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:17 pm
So you want devs to buff BW's then. Ok, understood.

I do. I've been arguing that in all of my many posts concerning Sorc/BW balance.

It would have the most obvious way to deal with this. No unnecessary nerfs for Sorc and a much needed buff (albeit small) for BW.

Then you will cry about the BW buff lol. You guys are so stoopid. ( yes, you get it spelled that way.)

Cute attempt at framing. I guess that's all you have, now that the facts are on the table? Stop making a fool of yourself.
If they buffed BW all the whines in this thread would just change OMG anything BUFF for OP order. Nothing changes really with fixing the sorcs tactic from stacking. You lose 10% extra damage, and remember everyone says NO sorcs use this tactic. So, should not be a problem at all.