Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Ranked

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Neflak

Solo Ranked

Post#1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 am

What is going on with ranked? I basically never see games popping anymore even during EU prime time. As a ranged dps main I can't even get 10 games a week in a reasonable time, much less 10 wins. Are the incentives not good enough for people to que this or there is just no reason to que right now? I don't understand, I thought this was end game pvp for small scale fighting... seems like nobody cares...?

Ads
pvprangergod
Suspended

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 am

Nobody cares about a mode that pits rr35 geared players vs rr85 geared players.

kryss

Post#3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:48 am

Yeah solo ranked is basically dead at the moment. No pops in the last six days for me. Hope that season 2 will attract more people

Chipzee

Post#4 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:08 am

Honestly, it's a shame that gear makes such a big difference for ranked.

I'd think the best option at this point would be to have a system like in GW2 where you can choose a stat item and that's all you get statwise + some proc(?) or conditional options. Especially since people in sov probably don't care for the ranked pvp sets that much.

This would also make ranked/SC a good alternative to gearing up besides waiting months for sov gear, but takes away sov gear value from the players who have reached their peak gear already though.

Jusva321

Post#5 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:49 am

I hear alot Say they Enjoy SOLO ranked then you see them stream and see they stack 3+ with voice com ... that will kill the que fast

Devs make changes that dont work but leave them in until Season 2 start but when is that we have bin wating for some time now

Nb was removed after 10 years

= 0 ranked games
= 1/3 off the server dont log on as much as they use to

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:01 am

I hope better rewards are not the only thing coming with season2.
Imho ranked was on a good way with the weekly quest. Then brackets + one week later the possibility to que from upper bracket to lower bracket games.
Don't know how much really NB is part of the problem here.
More dynamic matchmaking would help, a game could start with 1 tank and 1 healer as example. A rpds+mdps can win against 2 mdps.
Restrictions are fine if u have enough players in que.

Parallell86

Post#7 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Hearing Triumphant is a good mix set for choppa. Checking the bag: "5 emblems".
Checking Triumphant armor prices. "Ok, let's start queue'ing".

No pop 40 minutes later...."Soooo, Sovereign it is?"

With a dead feature required to obtain the set. Its downright impossible to aquire. Not blaming people, Im not a fan of the idea to begin with. Just throw it into the regular scenarios. Make Triumphant emblems renown based to obtain or something.

Neflak

Post#8 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm Hearing Triumphant is a good mix set for choppa. Checking the bag: "5 emblems".
Checking Triumphant armor prices. "Ok, let's start queue'ing".

No pop 40 minutes later...."Soooo, Sovereign it is?"

With a dead feature required to obtain the set. Its downright impossible to aquire. Not blaming people, Im not a fan of the idea to begin with. Just throw it into the regular scenarios. Make Triumphant emblems renown based to obtain or something.
Yeah, similar situation for my squig, Triumphant would be best... but you can probably farm 5 sets of sov for one set of triumphant due to the fact that nobody wants to play ranked at the moment, for whatever reason.

Ads
Satirico

Post#9 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:20 pm

Are you saying all those 12 players who care for ranked aren't queueing anymore? LOL. Ranked is the prior task on devs development!

gebajger

Post#10 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:53 pm

Is there anything keeping people from hopping on discord and Q-ing together for solo ranked?
If there isn't, why is it called solo ranked?
Rioz