Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jusva321

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#111 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 am

+1 bring back nb

Some have macro keybord + mouse some have hotkey program or the nb that still works

Before all had a addon that made it easy to change toons without rembering 20 keybinds

Ads
Gridgendal

Post#112 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:16 am

Without basic fall through on the sequencer, it's useless. As just about everyone has said, if the ability fails for any reason (built in conditions on the ability like CD, position, AP, Mechanic, range, anything that would grey out the ability or make it fail to fire) it should just skip and fire the first thing that doesn't fail. It's called fall through. It's super basic and not a conditional. It's also a basic function of just about every sequencer in any game that has a sequencer. It is the minimum acceptable functionality of a sequencer.

+1 for adding a virtual cd also. Not like that can't be done with a simple keyboard/mouse/ahk macro.

CyunUnderis

Post#113 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:58 am

It seems that some people do not understand the definition of "condition".
In computer science, conditionals (that is, conditional statements, conditional expressions and conditional constructs,) are programming language commands for handling decisions. Specifically, conditionals perform different computations or actions depending on whether a programmer-defined boolean condition evaluates to true or false.
Source

So, saying that if the ability is grey because of CD, position, AP, mechanic, range, do not use this ability is a condition.

mynban

Post#114 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:58 am It seems that some people do not understand the definition of "condition".
In computer science, conditionals (that is, conditional statements, conditional expressions and conditional constructs,) are programming language commands for handling decisions. Specifically, conditionals perform different computations or actions depending on whether a programmer-defined boolean condition evaluates to true or false.
Source

So, saying that if the ability is grey because of CD, position, AP, mechanic, range, do not use this ability is a condition.
How do you fail to understand that people ALREADY have access to gaming mouse/keyboard that can setup macros that checks a bunch of skills and fires the first one it can.

It is ALREADY in game, even devs said 99% of population is already using those tools.

Just wake up to the reality, denying the tool from addon is nothing but denying convenience. Nothing more.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#115 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

Jusva321 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 am +1 bring back nb

Some have macro keybord + mouse some have hotkey program or the nb that still works

Before all had a addon that made it easy to change toons without rembering 20 keybinds
a macro keyboard can't check if a debuff is already applied. It can't check if a target is cc immune. it can't check if your hot is already on your party members... etc. Do I have to go on? the list of NB conditionals is long (even though some were in fact broken).

Edit: and before anyone comes up with: BUT THE CC IMMUNITIES CONDITIONAL WASNT WORKING!!!!11!!. You're right, but you could simply check for the Unstoppable buff on your enemy target to get the same result

CyunUnderis

Post#116 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:42 pm

mynban wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 am How do you fail to understand that people ALREADY have access to gaming mouse/keyboard that can setup macros that checks a bunch of skills and fires the first one it can.

It is ALREADY in game, even devs said 99% of population is already using those tools.

Just wake up to the reality, denying the tool from addon is nothing but denying convenience. Nothing more.
I understand that but I don't think this addon will have all this features, because, as I understand the description in the patch note, this is not the point of this addon (just a simple sequencer) :
- Added a server side ability sequencer with no conditionals support. The user interface is still a work in progress, but a first version of it can be downloaded as the Sequencer addon.

abezverkhiy

Post#117 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:45 pm

xSAILORMOONx wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:16 pm How to delete this addon? I clean all but it still works
Best feedback ever.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Kpi

Post#118 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:47 pm

Now the game is boring, because you only can play with good perfomance with 1 or 2 characters...

With the NB i can switch fast between diferents healers, dps or tanks without problem, now is dificult switch between WP with shield/book/2 handed.

I'm waiting the release of Total War 3 and when this happen i don't know if i will back without NB. And like me, more players from both sides will leave the game when new games arrives
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Kpi

Post#119 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:59 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

a macro keyboard can't check if a debuff is already applied. It can't check if a target is cc immune. it can't check if your hot is already on your party members... etc. Do I have to go on? the list of NB conditionals is long (even though some were in fact broken).

Edit: and before anyone comes up with: BUT THE CC IMMUNITIES CONDITIONAL WASNT WORKING!!!!11!!. You're right, but you could simply check for the Unstoppable buff on your enemy target to get the same result
Hahaha

A macro program can check all if you program it. But only a few players who can do this, sadly im not from this few players.

I have friends who can automatize all with Macro Scheduler in other MMORPGs , and they share it with his friends and guild members.

So i imagine there is players with conditional checks in their macros doing this now in ROR
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

saupreusse
Developer

Post#120 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Kpi wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:59 pm
saupreusse wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

Hahaha

A macro program can check all if you program it. But only a few players who can do this, sadly im not from this few players.

I have friends who can automatize all with Macro Scheduler in other MMORPGs , and they share it with his friends and guild members.

So i imagine there is players with conditional checks in their macros doing this now in ROR
No it cant. I study computer science and use macro keys a lot. In fact i have a keyboard on which every single key is "programmable". The software for keyboard macros allows you to do sequencing. Often it allows you to add timers and other few goodies. But i can tell you with 100% certainty that there is not one of them that could hook up with the war api and do functions like "if(hdb on target) - dont cast hdb" . You can do something that might look like it does a condition check by adding timers. But its not the same at all.