Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Onigokko0101

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#511 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:35 pm

anthiquery wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:49 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Nobody is cut off from the game and who exactly as hurting?

This thread is one giant overreaction from people that somehow cant press more then two buttons.

Honestly, its embarrassing.

Furthermore, if its just about ability sequencing, why not use Plan B? That seems to be what everyone is pretending that they used it for, yet there is an option that can do the same thing, and yet people are still begging for NB back. Its almost like people were using it for way more then just sequencing.

I hope for you that you will never become disabled , what you say is just discriminatory and offensive
You are disabled then? or are you just another person deciding what is offensive without actually talking to disabled people. I play with disabled gamers in my friend group, and honestly this kind of thread is exactly the thing they hate. They arent things to use in a crusade, they are people with a lot more of an ability to adapt then a ton of you think.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Paura

Post#512 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:10 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:33 pm Ok, after seeing another forum thread that made the claim that the number of posts in this thread meant something important, I decided to go through all 50+ pages of this thread and get an actual count of those for or against the NerfedButtons ban, along with a few other items of interest. So here are the numbers I came up with -

People approving NerfedButtons removal - 54

People against NerfedButtons removal - 28

People neither for or against NerfedButtons removal (I know its weird, right?) - 5

People claiming to need NerfedButtons because of a disability - 6

People White Knighting for the disabled to try to get NerfedButtons brought back - 16

People with a disability that are against NerfedButtons (me, I have arthritis) - 1

Number of trolls that should probably consider themselves lucky that they haven't been banned - 7

Interestingly, there is almost twice as much support for removing NerfedButtons as there is for keeping it. As for the rest, I'll leave it up to you to determine what it all means. And once you do, please let me know because I haven't a clue... :P
You forgot to mention the majority, I mean all those who have not expressed an opinion on the matter because they know that they are not heard, therefore your post is false or biased.

Skullgrin

Post#513 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:22 pm

Paura wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:10 pm You forgot to mention the majority, I mean all those who have not expressed an opinion on the matter because they know that they are not heard, therefore your post is false or biased.

If someone is too lazy, or stupid enough to think that expressing their opinion doesn't matter - then they deserve to not be counted. However after this post I am considering adding another notch to the troll count...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

geezereur

Post#514 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:53 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:44 pm if the end result of the NB ban is that only a small minority at the top have access to a secret version of it then that is a server killing situation. sorry to be so dramatic but it is
If thats the case then I will prob have to quit playing.

Momekic

Post#515 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:04 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:22 pm If someone is too lazy, or stupid enough to think that expressing their opinion doesn't matter - then they deserve to not be counted. However after this post I am considering adding another notch to the troll count...
Regardless of the issue here, and whatever the opinions are of nerfed buttons, this is absolutely the most asinine, ignorant **** I have seen on this forum. You are utterly ignorant beyond belief if you for a second believe that there is not a silent majority of people that don't post on the forum. Not everyone that plays the game posts on the forums, and its the same for any game out there. That's why a majority of game devs out there do not rely on opinions posted on the forums.

And, just because they don't post on the forums doesn't mean they are stupid or lazy, and it also doesn't mean that they don't deserve to be counted. You are making that **** up.

You are the one **** trolling here.

abezverkhiy

Post#516 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:16 am

He always behaves that way. Just ignore.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Onigokko0101

Post#517 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:07 am

Momekic wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:04 am
Skullgrin wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:22 pm If someone is too lazy, or stupid enough to think that expressing their opinion doesn't matter - then they deserve to not be counted. However after this post I am considering adding another notch to the troll count...
Regardless of the issue here, and whatever the opinions are of nerfed buttons, this is absolutely the most asinine, ignorant **** I have seen on this forum. You are utterly ignorant beyond belief if you for a second believe that there is not a silent majority of people that don't post on the forum. Not everyone that plays the game posts on the forums, and its the same for any game out there. That's why a majority of game devs out there do not rely on opinions posted on the forums.

And, just because they don't post on the forums doesn't mean they are stupid or lazy, and it also doesn't mean that they don't deserve to be counted. You are making that **** up.

You are the one **** trolling here.
Silent Majorities dont get counted in any sytem, because they are silent. How do you propose you count people that dont make an effort to be counted?
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Sciberr

Post#518 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:14 am

Can anyone hook me up with a NB fix?!

Ads
Momekic

Post#519 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:45 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:07 am Silent Majorities dont get counted in any sytem, because they are silent. How do you propose you count people that dont make an effort to be counted?
It really isn't hard to figure out the answer if you actually think instead of someone needing to give you the common sense answer.

But, here you go:
Just because people are silent on the forums doesn't mean that their data or "vote" doesn't count where it actually should. The forums are pretty much non-sense and argument platforms for boisterous people.
If they were to do an in-game survey questionnaire like they did a little while ago with the cross faction appearance change they made, I guarantee you a lot more people would participate in that than they would in the non-sense that these forums are. The silent majority would share their data in places that actually count.

For real games, monitored and worked on by real devs who's job it is to run a game (no offense to these volunteer devs), the data that players provide is in the games they play. Devs gather the data of the actual players in how they play the game, what classes they play, what builds they use, what 3rd party tools they use, etc. The devs look at the data they can gather from the game. They don't listen to all of the forum warriors, unless they specifically ask in a post asking for feedback.

All that said, just because a majority is silent, doesn't mean they don't vote when it actually matters. They just choose not to voice their opinion to the masses.

I have an opinion on the whole NB block situation, but whatever I would say here doesn't matter, it would matter in any survey the devs put out there, if they choose to do that.

Its really up to if the devs care about what their player base actually thinks and the health of the game. If they could care less about what the player base thinks about NB, then no survey and everyone moves on. If they care about what the player base thinks then they can do a survey just like they have for a few issues in the past.

Anyway, that's it for me. Maybe you learned something, maybe not.

SmackdownNinja

Post#520 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:56 am

Regardless of whether you are for or against NB, what we have now is much worse then what we had before the NB patch. The only difference is now that is taken out of the general populations hand and has been pushed underground. Only those who have enough knowledge of how to get it to work or have a "friend" that shares it with them can use it. And that is the worse of both worlds. Even if you were against it, you still had the opportunity to be able to use it. Now that is not the case. I have waited awhile to post on this subject due to seeing how the Devs would handle it, and it seems like they are just going to push underground further. Which is just making the matter worse.

The first guy to post a fix on the forums was making a statement of how easily these "blocks" can be bypassed. Now that people have seen the devs stance on it, they won't be sharing it anymore. And who knows how many possible "fixes" there are to get NB working again. The devs could squash 1, and 5 more could pop up. How much more dev time and resources has to be spent before they see that it is almost impossible to block, without destroying a host of other things in the process. Both sides of this matter have brought up valid points, but what we have now is much worse then before this debate was brought up. My only hope is the devs see this and rectify it, because going on like this will have massive consequences.
Last edited by SmackdownNinja on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82