Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Przepraszam

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#271 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:34 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 am Finally this stupid thing is removed, good job=) Always thought this is unfair, glad never have tried it but when computer makes the decision instead of you it really just... in a pvp game : D I mean come on. 13 years too late but better late than never. praise hail ror!
Giving opinion about something you never used, well what can i say...
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Ads
Harrwin

Post#272 » Sun May 30, 2021 8:46 am

Przepraszam wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:34 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:13 am Finally this stupid thing is removed, good job=) Always thought this is unfair, glad never have tried it but when computer makes the decision instead of you it really just... in a pvp game : D I mean come on. 13 years too late but better late than never. praise hail ror!
Giving opinion about something you never used, well what can i say...
What can i say about someone using an aimbot in a pvp game? (NB its the equivalent of that, with all the conditional checks it does, sequencer and so on)

AxelF

Post#273 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:10 am

It really is hilarious watching people who used an add-on to decide for them which skill to use throw their toys out of the pram... 🤣 Even better are these ridiculous attempts to demand that other add-ons that do nothing like what NB did should also therefore be banned. Oh but of course you were all one of those who only used the sequencer bit of NB. Obviously you never used the conditional modifiers to play the game for you...

Everdin

Post#274 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:20 am

AxelF wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:10 am It really is hilarious watching people who used an add-on to decide for them which skill to use throw their toys out of the pram... 🤣 Even better are these ridiculous attempts to demand that other add-ons that do nothing like what NB did should also therefore be banned. Oh but of course you were all one of those who only used the sequencer bit of NB. Obviously you never used the conditional modifiers to play the game for you...
Also it is funny to watch all people declaring that all addons they use are not making the game easy to play. It is not about other addons doing same then NB, but they give a huge advantage over people not using it.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

zgolec

Post#275 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:21 am

Unfortunately from what i hear from many people NB still works :(

Still was good thing to try to get rid of it. Hope you will make it gone for good :)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

kirraha

Post#276 » Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am

mynban wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:38 am Here is the sad reality with remaining mandatory addons:

1. Buffhead needs to be removed from the game as well:
It *DOES* have conditional checks. You set it in a way to only display relevant specific conditions to allow punts, see if guarded, and keep watching for rotation durations. If buffhead did nothing but display ALL conditions with a different interface, it would be acceptable as just a visual QoL improvement, but right now it filters information for you. This is just as bad as NB, someone who doesnt use buffhead, or havent customized it properly is at an outstanding disadvantage. Letting buffhead in its current state stay, while removing NB is very problematic.
Only default buffhead that displays everything should be allowed.

2. Tether: Same thing, it checks for a conditional: the distance between guard/target, and gives feedback based on the distance. It is doing conditional checks and acting differently based on that. Any player guarding/guarded without tether is playing without an automated conditional check tether users employ.

3. Enemy - marking target: This a can of worms. It auto highlights who you are supposed to target, a target you had nothing to do with choosing who it should be.

Same with healer addons..

Do we remove all those addons and force a 3sec CD on anyone who has *something* in their mods folder?

Also before anyone comes and says above addons do not give absolute advantage, please have a reality check and be honest with yourself.
Just delete the game then. The addons has been there on live aswell and addons has been in games for long amount of time. You start attacking more and more addons then you can as much just delete this entire server, cause you will piss people off by attacking addons that's been there since this private servers start, and on live aswell.

Just look at the addons in WoW for example. Those addons are insane yet still being in the game.

mynban

Post#277 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:00 am

I am simply highlighting the fact that the reason NB was removed is because of conditional checks, and that other popular addons also check conditionals.

Also I love how people gloss over the fact that buffhead displays selective buffs, filtering out information based on conditions you gave ahead. Same for tether checking the condition on guard distance.

People complain about NB treating as absolute bad, but dont want to admit other tools they rely on are in the grey area as well. Only question is where you draw the line, because like it or not other addons also do conditional checks on your behalf.

zgolec

Post#278 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:20 am

Rly comparing Nb to BH or tether? :D

Lol...
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
AxelF

Post#279 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:22 am

It's really really simple. Name any other addon that chooses what skill to use for you. Just 1.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#280 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:32 am

I just wish i could use cast sequencer... Maybe in the future someone finds out how to kill nb without disabling all sequencers :)