Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
carlos

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#221 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:32 pm

I might be out of order here but why the block of CastsSequence addon?
This was an addon that helped out ppl that doesn't have all fingers
Starfkr

Ads
AtomiRotta

Post#222 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:33 pm

Let me grab some popcorn. Anyone else want some while we watch how this s***storm goes :twisted: :D :lol:

Omegus

Post#223 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:38 pm

carlos wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:32 pm I might be out of order here but why the block of CastsSequence addon?
This was an addon that helped out ppl that doesn't have all fingers
Because NB and CastSequence use the same underlying feature, namely updating the hotbar slots with different abilities. Now anything that tries to do this while in combat - even just manually rearranging them or dragging things in from the items and ability windows - will cause a 3 second GCD to apply. There's no way to save CastSequence without allowing people to let NerfedButtons or their own custom addon do the same thing.
Keula wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:30 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 pm There are a number of "hidden" pages of abilities that PlanB can be set to work with so you don't lose 2 hotbars. The best sequence is to set it up so it uses page 6 and 7 for the 2nd and 3rd balance/plan states. That way you get your full 5 rows of abilities like other classes and can still swap about 2 extra ones depending on stance. This can be setup just by typing "/planb pages=1,6,7" (without quotes) into chat.
Oh cool I didn't know that thx for the info!
No probs. Pages 6-8 are reserved for the stance-bars of WH/WE/SH/Mara/SW so it's safe to use them for BO/SW. Using 9-11 can mess with other things like granted abilities which are actually put there. From about 20 seconds of testing I think 9 is for your own granted abilities, 10 is for granted abilities from allies, and 11 was reserved for the Skaven abilities back on live.
Last edited by Omegus on Sat May 29, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Evilest

Post#224 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:22 pm I'm still waiting for a reply (from anyone) about how people use the triggers in NB without also modifying the action bar slot when the ability is ready to be used.
This should work I think. Might require a few tweaks to the NB addon to make it smooth.

You set up a nb button per hotbar slot. You set up the condition so that the ability only activates if whatever conditional is right, and the other conditionals that would take priority for other abilities are not triggered and/or the other abilities are in cooldown. You then use your macro capable keyboard or mouse to spam all those keys.

Or if they or their guild have Significant dev experience there's certainly another much cleaner way to do it (and on which I won't expand, but the point is that there is)

It's kinda like rvr/scenario potions. The higher tier there is, the more the gap they're making.

Evilest

Post#225 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:49 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 pm Taking example of the opposite situation. Witch hunters attacks from behind. Battle is like a crazy dance party - everybody is moving non-stop and this second I am hitting from behind, next second I am not. And this goes on and on and on. You really need NB here. Otherwise your best damaging attacks are not being used.

These are just examples of two classes but clearly one of them has just became very much different after this shitty patch.
AFAIK positional checks didn't work for a good while, unless you did something naughty (and presumably bannable) with the client.

In general abilities that depend on position for activation should have changed to actually do something no matter what, to prevent "abuse" (heartseeker behaviour vs agonizing wound). Not that it matters that much irt NB because you can still put them on a programmable mouse/keyboard and spam them "safely".

MedV

Post#226 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:04 pm

Sorry to see NB go, as a player with chronic wrist pain I used it only to change the buttons on CD, not checking immunities it positioning etc.

I love this game to death, but I sadly cannot quicken my path to possible wrist surgery for a game.

Would love is an add on like sequencer can be allowed.
The King.

normanis

Post#227 » Sat May 29, 2021 4:44 pm

cairlaith wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:26 pm
zumos2 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:18 pm
I don't know about potionbar, but all the other stuff you mention does nothing more than display information. NB is something completely different, it's making choices for you and can even do checks to help it do so.

But keep the salt coming, imagine a game actually being somewhat difficult OMG :D
Let me explain you; try to punt or kd someone without using Buffhead, just try it without see your target's immunities. Try to switch ur guard without enemy click event, show us how fast you can do ;) Let's guard someone without mark him, just control range between u and ur guardie without tether or enemy... Yeah They are realy different, but all of them give advantages, am i wrong?
u have point, with buffhead u can track immunities, and what kinda they have. enemy give 1 click to switch guard or spam heals. yes addons really make our life good. without tham we will be realy in stone age.
byt nb is making choise for u, u just need put sequences and klick 1111122221111 . also rift has macro sustem where u put correct macro rotation to make 10 abilities work under 1/2 buttons press to gain top damage.
plan b , witch your stances and make life easer to press buttons. atherwise u need tantecles to press all buttons not just absorb/parry/ww
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Talladego

Post#228 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:01 pm

Nerfbuttons was a powerful tool to reduce and optimize the amount of key pressing required in combat. Even though WAR has a stupid amount of abilities, cooldowns and stackable effects to keep track of, NB was probably too powerful and shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

Blocking it at this stage in the game though when it has been around since live... I don't know how that will help the server population in the long run. It would at least have been nice if some sort of warning/heads-up had been given so players relying too much on it had time to adjust before the block.

Now anyone used to playing with NB will have to either:
1. Relearn a new keyboard setup. (i.e. git gud)
2. Accept that they will (likely) perform worse than before.
3. Quit playing.

Let's hope not too many choose 3.

Ads
cairlaith

Post#229 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:23 pm

normanis wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:44 pm
u have point, with buffhead u can track immunities, and what kinda they have. enemy give 1 click to switch guard or spam heals. yes addons really make our life good. without tham we will be realy in stone age.
byt nb is making choise for u, u just need put sequences and klick 1111122221111 . also rift has macro sustem where u put correct macro rotation to make 10 abilities work under 1/2 buttons press to gain top damage.
plan b , witch your stances and make life easer to press buttons. atherwise u need tantecles to press all buttons not just absorb/parry/ww
90% of ror population used NB and now they acting like havent used before :)) i read almost all posts; most of them say "i don't use nb", then who uses? :)
bgs/ibs have more than 10-12 effective skills but bws/sorcs just play with 4-6 skills, I'm just asking if this is fair? some of us have physical problems, nb just makes their life easier. I can understand those who are against making simple algorithms by using NB conditions/effects but what is problem about just skill squences? blocking NB but not blocking PlanB Isn't it suspicious? who came up with blocking NB? who plays sm/bo? who doesnt like blocking PlanB?
Some guys says nb is cheat, im against of this; if nb is cheat, buffhead is cheat also cause no way to determine if ur target has immunity/guard etc in milliseconds at mass fight, it allows you to make right desicion. Let's be honest, is it possible to watch ur guard without enemy, tether/teather? Can we follow up effectively groups/wb without enemy group icons or mark?
Blocking Nb (skill squences) just push ppl to use macro keyboard/mouse and 3rd party softwares and i know some friends found a way to play with 3/4 buttons.
Boxmoney
Socksfunny
Bugstanny
Bowen
Idel

kirraha

Post#230 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 pm

Can I ask why it took so long to remove NerfedButtons?
I do not suport this addon, but I don't rly understand why you would wait this long before blocking it from the game either?