Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
marafado
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#381 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:54 pm

can be allot of fun if you follow the original disign of the game, i dont have any pleasure to play a game where you get instant/easy rewards (lvl40/rr80 in bis) after create the toon is afun for you?

Ads
starness88

Post#382 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:55 pm

marafado wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:41 pm hehhe 38 pages because buffs/nerfs to classes that most of the players play when they xrealm daily to achieve they personal "progression" (interest).

i wish some day we can have 8 pages dedicated to the concequences (pros/cons) of ror xrealm playstyle in an rvr game ;)

my bet is most of the ppl here dont know this game was original developed to be played 1 player = 1 faction!
Sorry to looking for fun and diversity in a mmorpg my friend. I hope you will accept my apologize. Some people are tempted to test the other classe or simply try to play with people they use to fight.

It's a game dude, I hope you won't attack someone of the other faction irl.

Beara

Post#383 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:05 pm

Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:38 pm Note to add, Realm Champions don’t make ultimate changes or balance ideas. We helped with areas development wanted to focus on and we initially brought up morale and CDR balance before class adjustments which can be done in the future to adjust to morale/CDR changes that might be needed. Got to adjust the major/obvious changes before classes else you’ll just be going in circles if morale/CDR isn’t equal between realms.

Majority of the ideas weren’t done as requested but that is fine. Balancing in game never ends and adjustments will always happen.

ORvR is largely based on who has the Zerg size and organized vs organized 24v24 shows which side is getting heavier benefits of Immaculate Defense and Windblock too fast while it’s rare to see ID from an Order tank. Players will eventually learn to adjust. Think it took a week after the Shadow Warrior change before adjustments were made. Order size of oRvR has been due to a lot of realm swaps from destro side so that’s not a factor or reason for balance that order is pushing more cities or larger numbers.

Black Orcs aren’t gutted and still a really strong class.
do any of the realm champions play a black ork? would they keep on playing it? is it BIS? as it played at the highest level for extended period of time? :)

You can say Blacks orcs aren't gutted as much as you like but doesnt make it true

Removed THC from snb
Nerfed its GCD and morale pump whilst buffing mirror

Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility

IB got buffed to rival SM, SM got buffed again

There is a difference in how balance is handled between the factions and has been for last few years... To think CF and WW is on a equal footing is very misleading, time to level my SM 8-)
Xergon, Sulorie, Carthage the original 3 RC for destro had 3-4 months for counter proposals. Xergon posted few sentences once per 2 months before removal due to lack of participation and gathering feedback from Destro, unlike Rydiak and myself did publicity offering to get feedback. Carthage had RL and had to go AWOL. They were there to give proposals and counter proposals from community feedback and none were given other than comments. Their participation was nearly nil.

Overall RoR Staff makes decisions not RC. Take it up with Destro experienced RC why they didn’t counter propose for 4 months and debate topics over being silent.

Everyone has opinions such as myself, you, other players and staff. No patch or idea will be perfect. Things will always change for one side or another.

Remember SW buff lasted 48 hours while SH got to hold theirs for 6 months. Just move on and play the game if choose to keep going and keep giving feedback to RC, whoever they might be rather than complain patch day.
So, your defense to the complete imbalance of the changes is because the devs chose poorly, Destruction had no realm champions to defend themselves against this heavily onesided patch.

Thanks for that tidbit of information.

I'm glad it didn't cross anyones mind to grab any of the complaining destro players here and maybe ask them.... But why would you do extra work for an objective point of view for balance changes. You'd only really want Order's point of view. That way, actual balance can be acheived!
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Beara

Post#384 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Opeteh wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:07 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm
nonfactor wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:48 pm Image
Destro playing order out of protest? Shocking. Maybe that'll teach us!
Sir, your posts are often disrespectful and biased against Destro community. I don't track who is who in Devs/GMs area but I know you are important and have a lot to say when it comes to balance . And this worries me.
Same.

marafado
Suspended

Post#385 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:13 pm

starness88 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:55 pm
marafado wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:41 pm hehhe 38 pages because buffs/nerfs to classes that most of the players play when they xrealm daily to achieve they personal "progression" (interest).

i wish some day we can have 8 pages dedicated to the concequences (pros/cons) of ror xrealm playstyle in an rvr game ;)

my bet is most of the ppl here dont know this game was original developed to be played 1 player = 1 faction!
Sorry to looking for fun and diversity in a mmorpg my friend. I hope you will accept my apologize. Some people are tempted to test the other classe or simply try to play with people they use to fight.

the fun and diversity you talk about can be found in hello kitty mobile app :) original war - aor was a bit diferent :lol:

Beara

Post#386 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:41 pm
GamesBond wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 pm
Spoiler:
Delegator wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:09 pm There's no way to see the balance changes as overall a pretty big nerf to destro. Sure, some are mirrored (Magus.Engi, Chosen/KOTBS). But Between the BO, Shaman and SH nerfs, WL buff, and the DoK nerf/WP buff, there are so many cases where the destro class got hit and the order class was either buffed, left alone, or at worse nerfed less.

IMHO it would have been smarter to focus on one thing at a time. Morale building a problem? Fine, fix that. AP drians too powerful? Apply those changes evenly. Underused tactics? Sure, try to fix those (but who says that all tactics need to be slotted anyway?). But when you triple-nerf a class like Squig Herders, and claim that the Shaman grouping power is too powerful, and those same players are regularly hit with multiple stacks of broadhead arrow in any keep fight...the reaction should be very predictable.

This really feels like the typical free shard inflection point: the start of the so-called balance changes that then need fixes, and fixes of fixes, and so on with each patch riling up some set of people and making others happy only due to schadenfreude. This is bound to happen when making such changes without the benefit of any sort of test server, and that's a problem endemic to free shards of any game. I had just been hoping that this one wouldn't fall into that trap, because it's a really hard one to get out of.
They were discussed one at a time or each in their own channel or thread. But they were just patched in bulk. I do get what you mean though regarding the fixes after balance patches. I think it's inevitable though.
This is the major issue with such a large sweeping patch, any of these on their own patch could be tested and vetted/adjusted, etc... but when a large patch covering vast areas of balance, it's hard to say what was effective and what was overdone.
I agree, there is no accuracy when you change a multitude of mechanics. There are so many moving parts that if there is a problem, you don't even know what caused it. Basics really.

starness88

Post#387 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:18 pm

marafado wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:13 pm
starness88 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:55 pm

the fun and diversity you talk about can be found in hello kitty mobile app :) original war - aor was a bit diferent :lol:
It's your opinion buddy, not mine, but I respect it. If you found hello kitty fun and fully diversified online feel free to play it. Personnaly, i don't like it, i prefer ror :mrgreen:

Beara

Post#388 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:20 pm

Greenbeast wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:51 pm There are some problems with the balancing in the patch in my opinion.
1)If you want to see more choppas in warbands and remove cdr from the black orc than you should reduce cd on choppas CDR.
This balance change leads to a situation where shamans have less CDR uptime than AM.
The main issue with CDR is the slayer. A slayer can use cd-increased and rampage that makes an attenpt to remove rampage close to impposible.
There is nothing bad to leave CDR only on choppa but again then it must have much higher uptime.

2) If cdr from a tactic of black orc should be removed then you should either allow it's components WS and TGH to stack with chosen aura/pots or rethink it. Black orc had a core tactic that gave WS buff on people around your def target already that you just removed this patch. More than that black orc has a stat steal which steals WS as well that half the efficacy of this WS/TGH buff.

In general SW already has an aoe interrupt in the middle tree. Now it has two.
You should consider removing one of aoe interrupts from SM now and as well maybe adding an aoe interrupt on black orc tactic to make classes actually more mirrored.
#RealBalance

Nice to see you're still active!

Ads
Beara

Post#389 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:26 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 am I made it clear several times, what happens with CDR on a dps class.
That it affects a realm as a whole and isn't balanced at all, because in that case it doesn't matter whether both realms have 1x CDR on paper.
The feedback was there, that this change will cause problems.
But I think the whole "you said this, and you did that" doesn't belong here.
I actually feel like this is the best place for the "He said she said". If you say things in a public, translucent forum, then you will 1) Have proof of what you said 2) Not have someone falsely accuse you of being absent when you in fact were there and just ignored.

It seems as the Realm champs have made it clear that when they disagree with predesignated changes, they will be ignored. And that's why having it all out here in the open is good. So people can ACTUALLY see what's happening behind the scenes. If there are no biases, it's not a problem.

Beara

Post#390 » Sat May 22, 2021 2:28 pm

Warblorc wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:01 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:34 am
lolwut wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:25 am Imagine turning blork in a tank less desirable than a black guard in just one patch...

Considering how undesirable black guards really are, color me impressed.
Competition is great!
Clearly from these changes order does not want competition; they need more numbers and advantages. I understand not much you can do to balance population but even if one side has a few benefits it hardly justifies multiple one sided nerfs and buffs for order. If you guys are tired of running the game that's fine just don't make one side hate the game and quit due to bad decisions. Just shut it down and save us the grief.

Warblorc - RR83 BO
Honestly, those last 2 sentences have crossed my mind for the last 6 months. Seems very much that way and many people have seemed that that's what they're doing.