Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RuhRoh

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#251 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:28 am

Spellbound wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 pm
Xergon, Sulorie, Carthage the original 3 RC for destro had 3-4 months for counter proposals. Xergon posted few sentences once per 2 months before removal due to lack of participation and gathering feedback from Destro, unlike Rydiak and myself did publicity offering to get feedback. Carthage had RL and had to go AWOL. They were there to give proposals and counter proposals from community feedback and none were given other than comments. Their participation was nearly nil.

Overall RoR Staff makes decisions not RC. Take it up with Destro experienced RC why they didn’t counter propose for 4 months and debate topics over being silent.

Everyone has opinions such as myself, you, other players and staff. No patch or idea will be perfect. Things will always change for one side or another.

Remember SW buff lasted 48 hours while SH got to hold theirs for 6 months. Just move on and play the game if choose to keep going and keep giving feedback to RC, whoever they might be rather than complain patch day.
Sounds like the process failed, and should have been restarted, not pushed through with no feedback.

Ads
DominicCruz

Post#252 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:36 am

Thanks for the Akaathi post.

phononHYPE

Post#253 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:59 am

I feel, that this is the patch I've been waiting for. So excited, reading all the class changes. Reading DoK, and wondering what delights and changes will be in store when I scroll down to choppa! ... ... Sorc... ... No choppa eh? Ahh well, still stoked. And we were mentioned as something being looked at. That alone is pretty big, so - I'll wait.

Nice changes overall, thanks gang.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

detrap

Post#254 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:14 am

Even with some leaders on hiatus, there's been one lengthy post in particular about the morale issue in normal threads with arguments from both sides.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Grimbur

Post#255 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:15 am

I really think the devs should post more metrics about the game.
They seem to have some and use them as a tool to evaluate destro/order dominance and balance issues. (Like scenario win rates/city win rates/classes distribution)

We had a class distribution graph in the Q&A but it was showing everything in the database from day one, not the real today population that is far more interesting.

Without those metrics available, there will always be people pretending their side is sooooo weak since everybody only has partial info.

My own feelings are the following concerning my RoR own experience, but I can only say that I am certainly very biased as well.
- My IB has 1200 MMR in City. Never saw lower than me. That is around 10% win rate. Dont tell me Order is dominant in city.
- Destro has been overpopulated 90% for the last 3-4 years during my play time.
- SH/Shamans are kings in small scale. Just impossible to get them and they kite you to death
- GTDC is a pure joke as a skill ... damage, pull, speed buff ... great
- I play a tank class that has 0 utility groupwise, except the AP one I never use. Would gladly switch that one to the +10% crit for all my group the BG has on his crimson death.
I would gladly swap my "ok punt" to the BG one as well. Punting a tank billions miles away is a game changer in ranked. Well, to be honnest, I would gladly change my IB to a BG but I cannot play something without a beard.

As I said, I am clearly biased as well and lots will disagree with my "feelings" telling me my class is sooooooo OP, ololol, laugh, u suX, learn2play and so on.
My list is just an example of those biases.

The only way to fight them is to show metrics, tons of them and we can imagine so many interesting metrics as well.
You cannot fight metrics and pretend they are wrong.

Groumf
Last edited by Grimbur on Fri May 21, 2021 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bozzax

Post#256 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:39 am I made it clear several times, what happens with CDR on a dps class.
That it affects a realm as a whole and isn't balanced at all, because in that case it doesn't matter whether both realms have 1x CDR on paper.
The feedback was there, that this change will cause problems.
Ok good to hear at least. What a mess tbh.

Also you guys really need to take responsibility for making RCs work and drop the whole notion balancing is determined by individuals activity (ie wrk together)
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri May 21, 2021 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

teiloh

Post#257 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:22 am

Beara wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 5:02 pm All these comparative balance changes because destro has tactics or things order doesn’t have access to.

I’m waiting for focused mending, exalted defenses tactic mirrors as well as the AM aoe ap drain mirror.

It’s crazy to me that these changes all seem “obvious” to you but those are beyond your scope of balance vision.

This is shameful really.

That being said, the changes are pretty good. Would be nice if the blinders came off to actually create a balance experience between both realms. Maybe taking away one of the mention UNMIRRORED tactics.
Mara AP drain is by far superior to any other AP drain. Order AOE drain got nerfed hard with CD increase and effectiveness decrease on Drain Magic.

Destro has a ton of good tactics as well. Focused Mending and Exalted Defenses are criminally overrated.

Fey

Post#258 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:32 am

There really shouldn't be core abilities. Everything should scale with a tree. For example, Demonic Maw, on Magus should clearly scale with Daemonology. Tzeentch's Grasp with Changing, Daemonic armor with Havoc.

Tie every ability to a tree that adds to balance and makes specs more interesting.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
teiloh

Post#259 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:38 am

zulnam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:26 pm
Maybe next time spam a little so that we don't get mirror nerfed while Rampage is still a one-way ability?
Apples and oranges, Slayers face far more defenses than Choppas.

1) Mixed Defenses/Suppression on Chosen
2) Can't Hit me on BO
3) AOE 120 WS debuff on Mara
4) Core 150% uptime 10% Parry/Block reducer on BG (vs 33% uptime 13 spec for 2h KOBS)

Maybe it could be dropped to 25% if it doesn't exhaust rage, and all these other imbalances in melee defenses are addressed.

Elvicof

Post#260 » Fri May 21, 2021 5:46 am

Alucard2010 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 am
Sofong wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:03 pm waaagh was equivalent to WW, chop fasta is to counter shatter limbs..... removing waagh but keeping WW makes 0 sense......... very disappointing patch many of the nerfs are unnecessary.
MSH has shatter limbs equivalent as well. Destro netted one more CD reducer than order. Now it’s even
Skillwise it is even, by having both these abilities. But there is still a huge difference when they are placed on different archtypes.

Order now brings CDR and CDI on 2 classes that can work together and an added bonus you have aoe interrupt aswell.
Destro has to bring 4 classes for the same affect mSH and choppa and 2 guard bots on top of that.

So there might be balance in these specific abilities, but no way there is balance in composition. With this patch if 2 equal skilled wb goes head to head order wins 100% time.
Last edited by Elvicof on Fri May 21, 2021 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlapse and VII