Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JarlBerzirk

Re: Patch Notes 20/05/2021

Post#141 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Im sitting here staring at my full sov BO just shaking my head like...what do i do level a chosen? Level a BG? Uninstall?

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#142 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:11 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:05 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility
not really borc is worse than bg right now, bo offers nothing but basic tank abilities like guard and challenge
Destro in general sucks beyond belief:

Sorc CAN'T SOLO Champs that are 3 levels below her. lol wtf.
WE...NO Repel Blasphemy! Instead, some weak ass WS buff. wtf.
BG...overall a worse version of IB.
BO...now much worse than SM and VERY BASIC.
Chosen...again, Knight is a better tank AND soloes better...wtf.
Magus...no ranged AA like Engi.
Choppa...honestly an utility version of Slayer(Git to da Choppa), otherwise very meh.
SH...now can flatout lose vs SW.

Highlights of Destro are, apparently, Mara + Zealot(better version of RP tbh) + DoK(arguably better than WP) + Shammy. Everything else is appalling! Basically, if you want to play anything except a healer, go Order.

loik

Post#143 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 pm

"Balance patches will be way less frequent but will have a heavier weight, as you can see in this patch."

Uh... That's bad, really really bad. It will end up with way too harsh changes (like these ones) lasting for too long, and the changes to fix the previous changes will be too harsh too, swinging it to the other side.

As for these changes in specific, order seems to have come out on top, and I hope I'm biased as a destro player, because the last thing the game needs right now is destro getting nerfed.

BO got gutted because it was too good, SM was given what BO had (will SM get gutted next patch because WBs are forced to run one SM in every group? How is being forced to run 1 mostly undesired choppa in every party comparable to running 1 very much wanted SM in every party?).
Slayer rampage completely untouched, and I'm gonna put myself outside of order vs destro in this one, having a skill with 66% uptime that makes you IGNORE every avoidance stat a tank has against you is not good at all from a game design perspective.
SH completely gutted too, ranged was reworked, became most powerful at short-medium range, now gets nerfed into the abyss. Can't speak much for MSH, the only thing I can say is that the logic of removing its only stun because SH already has a ranged stun that you have to talent for while also making it harder to switch between ranged and melee is kind of scuffed... I hope I read that wrong.
Liked the AP drain nerf and the DoK/WP perma aoe detaunt.

ravezaar

Post#144 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:22 pm

Was hoping for more nerfs to Shammy/AM and even SH...
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

kauyon1

Post#145 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:25 pm

arorwne wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:11 pm
Wam wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:03 pm Bork got dragged down to BG levels and bork has no solid punt and now reducded utility
not really borc is worse than bg right now, bo offers nothing but basic tank abilities like guard and challenge
Destro in general sucks beyond belief:

Sorc CAN'T SOLO Champs that are 3 levels below her. lol wtf.
WE...NO Repel Blasphemy! Instead, some weak ass WS buff. wtf.
BG...overall a worse version of IB.
BO...now much worse than SM and VERY BASIC.
Chosen...again, Knight is a better tank AND soloes better...wtf.
Magus...no ranged AA like Engi.
Choppa...honestly an utility version of Slayer(Git to da Choppa), otherwise very meh.
SH...now can flatout lose vs SW.

Highlights of Destro are, apparently, Mara + Zealot(better version of RP tbh) + DoK(arguably better than WP) + Shammy. Everything else is appalling! Basically, if you want to play anything except a healer, go Order.
A great deal of that isn't true. Destro will problems from this patch, but not based on what you have listed.

Sorc not being able to solo a champ below would hold true for BW. But you should be able to. This might be a L2P issue.

WE, Blashpemy is not the biggest problem. WE debuffs apply on chance to hit, not executions. Not to mention Witchbrew. There's a reason WEs can solo in RVR, and WHs need to hunt in packs. Also why WEs have solid spots in ST parties for City and WHs ... not so much. WE are doing better than WH at the moment, but both need something. I would argue WH more so.

BG may not generate AP out the ass, nor Crit/parry buffs for dark protector, but it's not a worse version. It's a solid 2H bebuff tank that also hits a bit harder. It's tanking is also very strong. What it lacks is Moral Pump to be a solid Destro choice. But it's a given spot in 6 mans and ranked.

Knight is not the better version in so many regards. Sure 5% crit buff on block, 15% heal bonus to group and ... that's it. Chosens = Moral pump (just got buffed), Higher Defensive, 10% crit reduction tactic, Wound Debuff AOE standard. 2H spec that can actually kind of do damage. Knight has shittier version of the BG debuffs in its 2H. But as a RR80 in both, no, Chosen is better. Both are drool levels of competency to play though.

JarlBerzirk

Post#146 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:28 pm

ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:22 pm Was hoping for more nerfs to Shammy/AM and even SH...
So what would you have them be just completely.unplayable? You just want empty free keeps and forts all day long? With that mentality you'll get what you wish for before too long.

Rumpel

Post#147 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:29 pm

ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:22 pm Was hoping for more nerfs to Shammy/AM and even SH...
...and Slayer. Isn't he also a bit over the top?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Wam

Post#148 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:32 pm

It wasnt a compliment... BG has been horrible for large scale forever, now Borc is in that same tier of borderline useless destro tank. Changes suppose to improve things, but seems like greenskins get broken this patch and the disparity between realms widened further where destro realm strengths are eroded once more, on top of order being buffed... more raw damage, more raw healing, more morale pumping on order, and more ICD on order now, talk about letting things spiral in one direction, and funny thing is slayer Meta just became even more potent 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
starness88

Post#149 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:32 pm

Rumpel wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:29 pm
Slayer work as intended.

JarlBerzirk

Post#150 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:36 pm

starness88 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:32 pm
Rumpel wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:29 pm
Slayer work as intended.
Yeah they'll work as intended as environment farmers when they have no destro to be op against anymore lol.